Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck snubbed for Pro Bowl in favour of Schaub.

Dan

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only people more hyper sensitive than Colt fans are the Redskin fans. regarding Luck vs Griffin that is. Redskin fans couldn't wait to jump on our message board when they got the news. Why don't you Redskin fans go the Dallas Cowboy forums? That is your real rival, not us. we don't give a flip about you unless we meet in the Super Bowl.

Is he an alternate or anything?

Like if one of the QBs ahead of him are in the Superbowl, or pull out for what ever reason who goes?

Either way no big deal lol. I highly doubt he never makes a pro bowl.

Why does everyone want everything now lmao patience.

It's just another point to make. Luck has 13 more INTs than RG3, and has thrown for 4,183 yards to RG3's 3,100. Luck has also attempted 599 passes to RG3's 375.  Alfred Morris has rushed for 1,413 yards and 10 TDs.  Ergo, the Redskins have a much more balanced offense. This point is being made before anybody can use the number of INTs against Luck. THe kid has broken the single-season passing record for rookies as well as the single-game passing yards record for rookies. Luck has made an arguable name for himself this season and deserved a roster spot.

To quote you, "being good enough for the Pro Bowl" has just been made moot by the aforementioned statistics. And before you or anybody else tries to argue that "they play in different conferences, therefore different rosters", that is not the point. The point is, a statistically superior player was not named to the Pro Bowl. Congratulations to Matt Schaub though man!

Thanks! :thmup:

Qwiz and Vance are gonna be loving this, I imagine almost everyone else will be very disappointed.

Speaking realistically, one of Manning, Brady and Schaub is surely headed to the Super Bowl so I'd certainly not be shocked to see Luck going, he's just missed the initial roster.

Reggie Wayne and Robert Mathis are both going. 

Not only is Schaub making it over Luck really disappointing...    But Mathis over Freeman?

Freeman was this teams D MVP.    

Pro Bowl is nothing more than a popularity contest.    Luck and Freeman are not sexy picks.  

NFC...    RG3 over Romo? and Wilson?     Saturday makes it, beside the fact his own team benched him...??

Total joke.....

Also, I'd be more upset if I was whoever got beat out by Ray Lewis at middle linebacker. I doubt it'd Freeman, but how on Earth does a guy who played 6 games this season make the Pro Bowl?

Ok, I was pretty sure I saw it on the NFL.com listing, but apparently it's not there and no one else reported on it. It is Jerod Mayo and Derrick Johnson, and I can live with that.

Not only is Schaub making it over Luck really disappointing...    But Mathis over Freeman?

Freeman was this teams D MVP.    

Pro Bowl is nothing more than a popularity contest.    Luck and Freeman are not sexy picks.  

NFC...    RG3 over Romo? and Wilson?     Saturday makes it, beside the fact his own team benched him...??

Total joke.....

You guys are giving WAY too much credit to Wilson.  Of all the Rookie quarterbacks he is in the best situation yet his numbers are not as good as RG3's.  Wilsons own coach said that they held the offense back so that Wilson could pick it up slowly.  Wilson has just recently caught fire and his been playing great for about 3-4 weeks.  RG3 caught fire since week 1 and hasnt looked back.  Just look at the numbers.

Luck has been good, but he has to contend with Manning and Brady. Those guys are going to the PB every year so that leaves basically 1 spot left.  An argument could be made for Andy Dalton to be in the Pro Bowl as well.

I also think that all those turnovers hurt him with voters.  When every other highlight of Luck is him throwing an interception or pick six, voters will remember that.

You guys are giving WAY too much credit to Wilson. Of all the Rookie quarterbacks he is in the best situation yet his numbers are not as good as RG3's. Wilsons own coach said that they held the offense back so that Wilson could pick it up slowly. Wilson has just recently caught fire and his been playing great for about 3-4 weeks. RG3 caught fire since week 1 and hasnt looked back. Just look at the numbers.

Luck has been good, but he has to contend with Manning and Brady. Those guys are going to the PB every year so that leaves basically 1 spot left. An argument could be made for Andy Dalton to be in the Pro Bowl as well.

I also think that all those turnovers hurt him with voters. When every other highlight of Luck is him throwing an interception or pick six, voters will remember that.

Shanny dumbed down his offense as well, don't try twisting it

Don't worry, Schaub will be playing the second quarter of the pro bowl.. Manning or Brady will be playing on super Sunday

Yeah, right. Who found the solution to world hunger and the cure to cancer, I'm sure your all-knowing eye can tell me. Is 12 in the Pro Bowl next year? Or is he "snubbed" again in favor of someone better?

Yeah, right. Who found the solution to world hunter and the cure to cancer, I'm sure your all-knowing eye can tell me. Is 12 in the Pro Bowl next year? Or is he "snubbed" again in favor of someone better?

We don't worry about pro bowls around here. I get that its new to you guys. Manning has a forth home in hawaii he was there so much.

Should a QB that sits behind Foles, Ponder, Gabbert, and Tannehill and near the bottom of QBR make it to the pro bowl?  How about a QB that is next to last in the NFL in completion pct (only ahead of Henne and behind Sanchez)?

Passing yards means one thing...that a QB threw the ball a lot of times.  Luck is just ahead of Palmer and a ways behind Romo and Stafford in yardage which should tell you how important (or not important) that stat is.  Certainly accuracy, TD/int ratio, rating, are better measures of QB performance.

And Luck has a HOF receiver to throw it to.  Who is Manning, Brady, RGIII, Wilson, throwing to that's even remotely comparable to Wayne?

Luck's had a great year for the situation he came into but others have just performed better.

We don't worry about pro bowls around here. I get that its new to you guys. Manning has a forth home in hawaii he was there so much.

It's certainly not new to Andre, nor Arian, who has been there 4 times in his young career. If you don't care why mention that Manning has been there so much. Don't worry, he will probably be there again this year. Schaub is just going to have to forego it this year in favor of bigger things.

Should a QB that sits behind Foles, Ponder, Gabbert, and Tannehill and near the bottom of QBR make it to the pro bowl? How about a QB that is next to last in the NFL in completion pct (only ahead of Henne and behind Sanchez)?

Passing yards means one thing...that a QB threw the ball a lot of times. Luck is just ahead of Palmer and a ways behind Romo and Stafford in yardage which should tell you how important (or not important) that stat is. Certainly accuracy, TD/int ratio, rating, are better measures of QB performance.

And Luck has a HOF receiver to throw it to. Who is Manning, Brady, RGIII, Wilson, throwing to that's even remotely comparable to Wayne?

Luck's had a great year for the situation he came into but others have just performed better.

Careful. Objectivism can get you in trouble around here.

Shanny dumbed down his offense as well, don't try twisting it

Please link quote that says that Mike and Kyle dumbed down their offense.  Carrol is on record of saying this for Wilson.  The Shanahans gave Robert the entire playbook at the start of training camp and then tailored the offense to his skill sets as the season went on.  This has been well documented.  They havent dumbed down anything.  They've been creating plays and concepts as the season has gone on.