Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck snubbed for Pro Bowl in favour of Schaub.

Dan

Also didn't Finnish 2 others, redskins proved they can win without rg3.

He put the Redskins in postion to win against the Ravens, completing on a third and long or fourth and long, I forget which one it was. In any case, Griffin and his skill set have been a major part of his team's offense this year, and without him at QB, I don't think Alfred Morris explodes onto the scene like he did.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong.

Their defense lost em that game.

As far as interceptions.

You don't have that many interceptions when you run most of the time and when you don't play half of your games because you're hurt.

Brees didn't throw a single TD. I mean, not even one. Yes, it was the defense...but I'm sure the offense could have been better, right? Griffin has missed one game this year. He can also make plays with both his arms and his legs unlike a certain Mr. Brees.

He put the Redskins in postion to win against the Ravens, completing on a third and long or fourth and long, I forget which one it was. In any case, Griffin and his skill set have been a major part of his team's offense this year, and without him at QB, I don't think Alfred Morris explodes onto the scene like he did.

I don't think either Morris or Griffin are as good without each other.

Wrong.

Their defense lost em that game.

As far as interceptions.

You don't have that many interceptions when you run most of the time and when you don't play half of your games because you're hurt.

I implore your to think rationally here.

You use the argument of "defense lost 'em that game," yet Andrew Luck has OMG COMBEACK WINZ where due credit is not given to the defense that has bailed them out of terrible situations due to turnovers ALL YEAR.

Griffin torched the Saints. Drew Brees had two interceptions, a completion percentage below 50, and a quarterback rating under 75. He played poorly that game.

Griffin has missed five quarters of football this year. That's it. He has few interceptions because he is a cerebral player who rarely puts the ball in harm's way and is willing to go to his checkdown.

I'm done discussing Griffin btw...hahaha too easy to fall into the trap of Luck vs. Griffin, much like the old Brady vs. Manning debates. Both are good...I prefer Luck....I'm a Colts fan on a Colts board...and Done. I do like debating with Qwiz though.

I think Griffin can succeed without a running game. Heck, his presence makes the running game even better.

They received little help from the running game at times this year. It was shut down against the Eagles the first matchup and he still had a perfect passer rating lol

Brees didn't throw a single TD. I mean, not even one. Yes, it was the defense...but I'm sure the offense could have been better, right? Griffin has missed one game this year. He can also make plays with both his arms and his legs unlike a certain Mr. Brees.

Brees is a first ballot HOF'er.

Griffin will never make it.

why are we discussing Griffin

It's jealousy, I would imagine. The whole year, people here believe the media slights Luck (although they have completely ignored the slobberfest for him on other sites; even Adam Schein pledged to vote for him for MVP) in favor of RG3. A lot of them think this is just another example of that, when in actuality fan vote is only 1/3 of the meaningless Pro Bowl; coaches and players make up the other 2/3.

It's jealousy, I would imagine. The whole year, people here believe the media slights Luck (although they have completely ignored the slobberfest for him on other sites; even Adam Schein pledged to vote for him for MVP) in favor of RG3. A lot of them think this is just another example of that, when in actuality fan vote is only 1/3 of the meaningless Pro Bowl; coaches and players make up the other 2/3.

Fan vote has to be pretty significant though, how else do you explain a guy like Saturday making the team when his own team decided he wasn't even good enough to keep a starting job?

Fan vote has to be pretty significant though, how else do you explain a guy like Saturday making the team when his own team decided he wasn't even good enough to keep a starting job?

That I'm not sure about and it's quite curious. Pro Football Focus has John Sullivan and Will Montgomery as the #1 and #2 center in the NFL and neither make an appearance.

Good point GoColts8818

If Brady Schaub or Manning get to the SB (one of the 3 likely will) that means Luck will be in so calm your horses

some really questionable players though..Saturday, Cruz, I didn't think Ed Reed deserved it, he got picked on a lot this season. The AFC TEs were pretty weak. Gronk is an okay pick but whatever. 

I think every QB from both conferences was very deserving, but there were also a few from both conferences that got the short end of the stick, namely Luck and Drew Brees. 

As for RG3, while I think he is deverving I would have picked Brees over him.  Imagine if RG3 were not the media darling that he is?  i'm not discrediting him for the great season he has had, but there's a lot to be said about exposure, and RG3 has had a lot of it this season, and I believe that is one of the primary reasons he got in.

People will point at Luck's 18 INT's and RG3's 4 or 5 INT's, but Luck has thrown more passes, has less of a running game and a less dependable offensive line to depend on.  Luck is being asked to do more with less, and he is also being asked to run the entire playbook, and go through all of his progressions like a veteran QB would be asked to do.  RG3 is in a different situation.  He has a running back, and a decent offensive line.  The coaches are not asking him to run a full fledged Pro offense yet.  In fact I read an article that said the Redskins have adopted a system that using a lot of the same style that RG3 played in college, while mixing in some of the Shanahans concepts. 

The Redskins do run a pro offense.  The only play that the Redskins use from college is the triple option (which they very rarely run and havent really ran since the Bengals game) and the read option (which they really havent used in the run game the last few weeks).

This offense is the Shanahans offense just ran out of the pistol formation and other various formations.  Lots of stretch runs, lots of power runs, lots of bootlegs and tons of playaction.  It's what Shanahan has done for years. This has been commented on by the coaches and analysts ad nauseam.

Our offense is constantly evoloving...this is what makes it so difficult to defend.  We do have basic concepts, like playaction passes over the middle of the field, but the coaching staff does a great job of balacing the calls with formation changes, personnel changes, motion and taking advantage of RG3's mobility on bootlegs and what not.

RG3 has had the benefit of the best run game in football, but it's the best run game in football in part because of RG3.  Morris isnt getting 4.5 yards a clip when RG3 isnt in there.  See the Browns game when his yards per carry dropped substantially with no threat of RG3 attacking the edges.

Last week, RG3 showed that he can be a traditonal pocket passer if he needs to be.

I think Griffin can succeed without a running game. Heck, his presence makes the running game even better.

You must be young. shanahan has a huge history of taking average running backs and making them 1000 yard rushers. It isn't Griffin making him special, it is Shanahan and his Oline blocking schemes. even the so called tv gurus admit to that.

This thread is hilarious...  Luck didn't deserve to make the Pro Bowl over Manning, Brees, Schaub, and if Roethlisberger hadn't gotten hurt, he would have been ahead of him too.

RG3 shouldn't have made it, IMO, because I think Ryan, Rodgers, and Brees should be in, but...RG3 has also been THE most electrifying player in the league this year.  I can't blame people for voting for him.  Why do we have to knock Griffin because Luck hasn't been as exciting to watch?  Geez...

Anyway, Brady never goes to pro bowls iirc, and Manning and/or Schaub are probably going to be in the SB (if Brady isn't)... Lucks gonna be in the game. chillax

Wilson is having a better season than Griffin and he didn't make it. Luck has set numerous records and is definitely in the playoffs. That is why it is a joke. Not to mention the Redskins won without Griffin.

Since you said it, maybe you can put Rg3 and Wilsons stats and game stats side by side and see who has better numbers.

RG3 has more

Passing Yards

Rushing Yards

2 less total TD's

5 fewer interceptions

A higher QBR (ESPN)

A higher QBR (NFL)

Completion percentage

Yards per Pass

Ohh and Griff missed a game

Again, please explain why you think he has had a better season than RG3 at this moment...because the numbers dont make that argument at all.

And please dont bring up Wilsons 4 TD performance.  RG3 did that...twice...back to back.

OMG people! RG3 has played great for a rookie. Heck, he has been good for a veteran. But his getting in is in no way, shape, or form a slight on Luck. Stop the homerism.

The fact of the matter is that he lost out to 3 BIG TIME QBs. I'd you want to gripe and complain about someone, then gripe and complain about Manning, Brady and Schaub making it over Luck, as they are his real competition. You want find many objectiv observers that agree with you though. It's just easier to pick on RG3 though isn't it because the media loves him?

I didn't know missing one start made one incapable of being good enough for the Pro Bowl.

It's just another point to make. Luck has 13 more INTs than RG3, and has thrown for 4,183 yards to RG3's 3,100. Luck has also attempted 599 passes to RG3's 375.  Alfred Morris has rushed for 1,413 yards and 10 TDs.  Ergo, the Redskins have a much more balanced offense. This point is being made before anybody can use the number of INTs against Luck. THe kid has broken the single-season passing record for rookies as well as the single-game passing yards record for rookies. Luck has made an arguable name for himself this season and deserved a roster spot.

To quote you, "being good enough for the Pro Bowl" has just been made moot by the aforementioned statistics. And before you or anybody else tries to argue that "they play in different conferences, therefore different rosters", that is not the point. The point is, a statistically superior player was not named to the Pro Bowl. Congratulations to Matt Schaub though man!