Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I would prefer to play to win vs. Houston

Jules

Flip a coin.

When Luck is getting dumped by Watt all day, they'll be running a risk, for no tangible gain.

The Texans are going to play because of today, so maybe the Colts swing back?

Take your pick.

I'm pretty sure the Colts play to win. I'm not sure it's a great idea though.

I think you play to win. With that said, when you have nothing to play for you play smart. Luck needs to get rid of the ball quickly and avoid getting hit and needs to only throw to receivers when they are not in danger of getting decapitated. Defensively they need to play disciplined and not play with reckless abandon.

If they can win playing good fundamental ball that's great. If they have to lay it all on the line to get the win, then it's not worth it at this point in the season. This is dress rehearsal for the playoffs.

I honestly don't think resting players helps.

I don't think it hurts either. If resting players hurts a team, then how come people aren't complaining about bye weeks?

I think if someone isn't 100% healthy or the team has a substantial lead in the game, players should be rested.

I don't think it hurts either. If resting players hurts a team, then how come people aren't complaining about bye weeks?

I think if someone isn't 100% healthy or the team has a substantial lead in the game, players should be rested.

Well yes I agree with that, but people are talking about going into the game and resting main starters like Luck or Wayne.

I think we had plenty of bad karma the last decade of resting starters in the last couple weeks. I feel that was why he didn't go past the Divisional round in 2005, that team should have won the Super Bowl.