Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tony Dungy Changes His Philosophy

Off topic but Manning is out at least 2-3 months.

On topic: I saw that too. He replied to Rodney Harrison saying that I think those players are gonna take those words to heart and prove you wrong or something like that. I believe they can win.

Last week everyone thought Peyton would only miss a couple games so Dungy said the Colts couldn't win without him not thinking that they could potentially be many games without him. Now that he knows the situation of course he's going to change his tune and not throw the Manningless Colts team under the bus. Also when he stated that first statement it was still a toss up between Collins and Painter. If Painter would have been chosen then maybe he would have kept with the Colts can't win without Peyton.

well even though it's dissapointing that Peyton will miss some significant time hopefully he gets to heal up properly and maybe we can still make the playoffs. If not, you know what we've had 10 great years of consistent winning. I think we can survive an off year considering the circumstances. I don't think the remaining players are willing to give up so easily. They're going to have something to prove or at least wanting to prove. should be entertaining to watch.

For the Colts to win without Peyton, they will first have to structure an offense that fits Collins. Calling plays in the huddle will be the first change. Collins will need 3 weeks under center before he gets comfortable with the offense and his WR's. And that is only because he is an old pro.

The Colts schedule is not friendly for any new QB coming in. One thing for certain is, the Colts must establish a running game to have any chance of making the playoffs. IMO, it will take this new offensive line until mid-season to become cohesive. Time will tell.

he said even with a healthy manning... rodgers is good but he is not peyton manning and does not run an offense like manning does

no one is like Manning. If you want to revolve an offense around one guy, no one better than PM :)

Everyone is big on Rodgers right now. He's the only capable player currently playing that can give Manning or Brady a run for their money. The media is sick of comparing these two so they've all jumped on the Rodgers boat to have some new material to talk and write about. Its the cool thing to do for the talking heads.

Everyone is big on Rodgers right now. He's the only capable player currently playing that can give Manning or Brady a run for their money. The media is sick of comparing these two so they've all jumped on the Rodgers boat to have some new material to talk and write about. Its the cool thing to do for the talking heads.

What about Brees? Rivers is an excellent QB too, he just happens to not have a ring. That's the only thing that sets him apart from the other guys

What about Brees? Rivers is an excellent QB too, he just happens to not have a ring. That's the only thing that sets him apart from the other guys

I agree with you totally. But obviously the talking heads don't see it that way. They're all sniffing Rodgers Jock strap right now and loving it!!

I agree with you totally. But obviously the talking heads don't see it that way. They're all sniffing Rodgers Jock strap right now and loving it!!

They are jocking Rodgers because he is pretty dag gone good. He is arguably the best quarterback going right now. I wouldn't put him over Peyton or Brady career wise but in terms of current play he just might be at the top of the list.

dungy just said he would take rodgers over manning, brady and brees.

To me Peyton will always be #1, but Rogers has 8-10 years left, not 3-4. So it makes sense to build a team around a guy with more time left if starting from scratch. Its common sense. I mean, who doesnt wish Peyton was in is 20s again?

At the risk of sounding blasphemous, at this stage of their careers I would too! Think about how much younger Rodgers is than the other three (especially Manning.) My only concern with Rodgers is his injury history. Unfortunately he looks like the type of guy who may end up with his career ending prematurely. Still, in my opinion he is the best QB in the NFL right now.

On topic: I saw that too. He replied to Rodney Harrison saying that I think those players are gonna take those words to heart and prove you wrong or something like that. I believe they can win.

All the great comebacks and all the great wins were not ALL MANNING. The Colts play with HEART, and they will play with even more now that their best player is out.

I am looking forward to this game against Houston.

For proper fusion that wwould allow Peyton to get hit and take it without having a real chance to get re-injured , he should take the year off, there are many levels of fusion, u wnt this as strong as can be , that takes time, dont push him to be back this year and risk injury

Well if you were building a team, Rodgers would be logical because he's the youngest of the 4. But if you had a Superbowl ready team but lost your QB you'd take any of them.

To me Peyton will always be #1, but Rogers has 8-10 years left, not 3-4. So it makes sense to build a team around a guy with more time left if starting from scratch. Its common sense. I mean, who doesnt wish Peyton was in is 20s again?

Peyton Manning is so good he can become 28 again

Peyton Manning is so smart he can fix the national debt

When Peyton Manning belches earthquakes happen

When they imploded the rca dome they had Peyton Manning throw a pass through it

They call it Man coverage because with Peyton Manning at qb opposing defenses can only cover 1 man

sorry had to the chuck norris/bob sanders statements... lol

rodgers is a great qb and will become an elite qb before his career is over, but will he be better then peyton? I dont think so because personally i dont see anybody else becoming 4 time MVP! yes rings to come into play but i think before manning is done he will have another! and the thing that seperates peyton from brady or rodgers or even favre is that they have/had complete teams around them, if the colts had even a good defense they would have won a cpl more rings in the past years but with one of the worst defenses in the league, it hasnt happened! the offense is the only thing that kept them alive! just imagine colts offense with a top defense they would be unstoppable!! just sayin

At the risk of sounding blasphemous, at this stage of their careers I would too! Think about how much younger Rodgers is than the other three (especially Manning.) My only concern with Rodgers is his injury history. Unfortunately he looks like the type of guy who may end up with his career ending prematurely. Still, in my opinion he is the best QB in the NFL right now.

What injury history?

I think Rodgers has a chance to be considered one of the greats when his playing days are done. He is fun to watch.

What injury history?

I think Rodgers has a chance to be considered one of the greats when his playing days are done. He is fun to watch.

He's not a Bob Sanders but he does get a little banged up, he missed a game last year and then Favre's last year in Green Bay Favre got hurt in a game and then Rodgers came in and got hurt as well. Again, I wouldn't say he's majorly injury proned but he's suffered a little bit more than say Peyton, Brady, and Favre do.

He's not a Bob Sanders but he does get a little banged up, he missed a game last year and then Favre's last year in Green Bay Favre got hurt in a game and then Rodgers came in and got hurt as well. Again, I wouldn't say he's majorly injury proned but he's suffered a little bit more than say Peyton, Brady, and Favre do.

He can't say you can't win without Manning now that Manning is actually out, so he had to change his statement.

Nah, u guys will win some....just not much.