Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It Is Official - Peyton Had 2nd Neck Surgery. A 1 Level "Neck Fusion"

chrisfarley

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously can the Mods do something about these threads now? Its ridiculous. A source with knowledge of the situation- 26cool.gif31hysterical.gif

In all fairness, this is being retweeted from actuall higher ups now. Glazer from NFLN, all of our local media now is bought into it after not biting on it, just waiting for Schefter at this point. I LOVED Caldwells quote in that article... or it might have been the one below it. "Obvious it has some truth to it, or Irsa wouldn't have said it" bwhahahahahaha in reference to P being out "awhile".

Not a big surprise, I guess..

That means 8-12 more weeks..right???

Can we go 5-5 ??

Odds are it will be 6-8 for full recovery if ALL goes right + Rehab is perfect. I think 12 would be doomsday scenario. Whatev, Collins and the team can do this. Did anyone not catch Robert Mathis's tweets last night? The defense is absolutely P'd OFF that all people can do is talk about how terrible the Colts will be. He blew up last night, I'm prediciting the defense of Week 2 VS NYG to show up this weekend. Those are some angry, angry men.

Hidden

Right. Because you're forced to read all of them.

So what part of 80's era communist Russia are you from?

Stranger danger! Calm down, I'm allowed to be annoyed if the boards are being flooded with "my friends cousins uncles third wifes sons daughter said her sources". No I don't read them all and if this is confirmed by the Colts organization not espn sources or blogs or podcasts or random links, and people retweeting from their twits then I'll eat crow. Until then, I shall remained annoyed. Thanks

STICK..

I can see us going 5-5...beating Cleveland, KC Cinncinatti, Jacksonville, Tennessee

..If we beat Houston (a long shot, I know)...we can be undefeated in DIVISION play going into the bye week. Nov. 20

..and we play Carolina on Thanksgiving weekend coming out of the break...

Folks..all is NOT lost...

10-6, 6-0 in division and we're in...

9-7 and 5-1 in the division...

Would that be good enough????

Once again I'll say looks like JMV was the first to break this and was right all along. He must have some great sources as he reported this 3-4 days ago.

Didn't he say he already had it? I can't keep up with all the guesses.

It doesn't matter who gets the story right first, it only matters that Peyton get healthy.

Doctors said it would be the best situation. He already has had the surgery and is recovering (from what Mort has heard) Will update as info pours in. Let's go Colts baby!

EDIT:

Surgery was this morning. Spinal, cervical fusion of the same vertebrae.

Dr. Caplan called this surgery a, "Career Saver". Will take two-three months for this to heal, all considering a "perfect" healing. Colts will try to keep him active incase we make the Playoffs, THIS is when he could be back. Sorry all.

I still think if JMV wouldn't have broke the story the Colts would still be saying the rehab is coming along smoothly.Why are they so secretive? They owe it to the fans to answer this question with an official statement or something. Makes you wonder if they were just trying to sell some more tickets before they drop the hammer. If Peyton does have another surgery before they even tell the press about it I think it will make them look bad.

I kind of find this to be a blessing in disguise. Remembering back, I recall the :coltslogo: "choking under pressure" according to the media. Now that our backs are against the wall with our future Hall of Fame QB out 2/3 of the season, we have everything to prove, and I think the team can produce 10 wins if Collins can play well every week.

http://uscspine.com/treatment/posterior-fusion.cfm

Return to Work and Sports

Patients may return to light work duties as early as 2-4 weeks after surgery, depending on when the surgical pain has subsided. Patients may return to moderate level work and light recreational sports as early as 3 months after surgery, if the surgical pain has subsided and the neck strength and mobility has returned appropriately with physical therapy. Patients who have undergone cervical fusion at only one level may return to heavy lifting and sports activities if the surgical pain has subsided and the neck strength and mobility has returned appropriately with physical therapy. Patients who have undergone cervical fusion at two or more levels are generally recommended to avoid heavy lifting, laborious work, and impact sports.

http://morphopedics.wikidot.com/cervical-fusion-mid-cervical

Phase 3 (3 months post-op)

■Patient may progress to resistance exercises, strengthening, and stretching of the upper extremities

■Patient is advised not to lift more than 22 lbs. until one year post-op.

at the least 3 months so early december. . .thats a good chunk of the season

Funny enough the first game of December is against the Patriots I would love to see Manning come back for that game. But then again NFLN reported at the last so more realistically maybe week 14-16 or at the worst he goes to IR.

Wow, I might start paying more attention to JMV, he seems to be spot on a few days before the story generally breaks.

I have listened to JMV for the longest time, when he was on 1260 AM before he moved to ESPN Radio on 1070 AM The Fan. He has always struck me as a man who hesitates to make anything up unless he has a reliable source. He also gives his listeners ample opportunities to take a crack at him or make other comments without berating them, he believes in genuine discussion in my experience. I have called in several times myself and it is worth the wait to get on to his show, sometimes it takes 40 minutes on hold :).

There's no doubt about it. Why take chances? He is done for the season.

Don't want to be the grim reaper either, but Manning is done for the season. A "perfect" recovery, puts him on track for playoffs. Just do not see it happening. That being said, this surgery was labled a "Career saver", that will extend Peytons shelf life. Yeah baby, lets win it this season and then repeat next year with the boss back.

this sucks. I hope he gets better. And anyway if he doesn't and we end up with a top 5 pick in the draft we can get Andrew Luck and then Peyton can start grooming his replacement next season

They're not getting luck unless they have the 1st pick and they are not gonna be that bad. People hoping for Luck may as well stop dreaming.

16 games of Kerry Collins? Please kill me.

I doubt it. Our line is still going to be pretty bad, and Kerry can't get rid of the ball fast enough and avoid pressure with his mobility. He's going to take some good hits, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him get hurt this year, leading to.... A start by painter...

Boy, Collins just started looking a whole lot better over those 16 games, didn't he?