Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 15 Draft/FA

FA:

OG Andy Levitre: He, paired with another good OG, could vastly improve our interior line. He is by far the best OG available and I'm confident he will be a Colt

OT Andre Smith: Smith has really turned his play up these past few years. He has tons of talent and is still a young player. He also plays RT, so Castonzo will be able to stay in his natural position.

SS Dashon Gholdson: Gholdson is one of the league's top safeties and would be a great addition to the Colts. Him and Bethea would give us one of the top safety tandems in the league. Zbi just isn't cutting it right now.

CB Dominique Rodgers Cromartie: DRC is an elite corner and him, Davis, Gholdson, and Bethea would give the Colts one of the most dominating secondaries in the game.

Draft:

1. OG Jonathan Cooper: This years draft has two of the most dominating OG's in a while, with Cooper and Warmack. While Warmack is the better of the two, it is still very close. Cooper is a top ten talent, but will go later because of positional value.

3. OLB Brandon Jenkins: Jenkins is a stud, but will go later in the draft because of and injury. He has the talent to be a top 15 pick, so the value at this point is massive.

4. WR Aaron Mellette: Mellette is a big target at 6-3 and is known for his route running skills. He has good speed for his size and is a great route runner. He could be a future #1 WR for us.

5. DE Margus Hunt: Hunt is an athletic freak, but he doesn't have nearly enough production to warrant a high pick. If he lives up to his potential, he could be one of the top DE's in the league.

FA:

OG Andy Levitre: He, paired with another good OG, could vastly improve our interior line. He is by far the best OG available and I'm confident he will be a Colt

Nice work, perhaps your best yet....

Two comments....    first, how are you confident Levitre will be a Colt?   Seems several months too early to feel so confident.

Second....   I think there's little chance that Hunt lasts as long as you project him.    On natural talent and potential upside alone one would think he could go much, much higher.    Perhaps even the 3rd round.    Again,  not on production,  but on his potential...

1.Chance Warmack-reason I think he will still be on the board is because he is not as good a pass blocker as he is run blocker, good at both just very good at run blocking or Barrett Jones(if we dont pick either up then trade down with Cardinals to the 2nd.....

2.Xavier Rhodes if he falls magically or David Amerson

3.Brandon Jenkins

4.Joe Vellano

5.Comp pick Brandan Bishop

1.Chance Warmack-reason I think he will still be on the board is because he is not as good a pass blocker as he is run blocker, good at both just very good at run blocking or Barrett Jones(if we dont pick either up then trade down with Cardinals to the 2nd.....

2.Xavier Rhodes if he falls magically or David Amerson

3.Brandon Jenkins

4.Joe Vellano

5.Comp pick Brandan Bishop

So.....

Now you have us with a 2nd round pick in addition to our other picks 1/3/4/5...??

How does this happen?

So.....

Now you have us with a 2nd round pick in addition to our other picks 1/3/4/5...??

How does this happen?

Trading down if neither Warmack or Jones are available......Cardinals might want a shot at an O Linemen or a QB. We obviously need O Linemen which maybe we look at one in the 2nd as well but we also need another Corner.....all just ideas if our guy Grigs wants is not there (considering we look to be getting a pick in the 20's somewhere I think). Personally I think Warmack or Jones will be there in the 1st