Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jahsoul

49ers @ Patriots [Merge]

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="buffalo34" data-cid="362990" data-time="1355720757"><p>

I live 2 or 3 towns away from Foxboro....so yes lol</p></blockquote>

haha I understand now. That must be rough living lol.

I was just messin around tonight btw. Hopefully I didn't offend you or anything. Just messing around :)

Wow 49ers....wow

You can't let NE pick up that many yards on a 4th and 4

He'll make the FG, they'll get the onside kick, and then a miracle TD

Wow 49ers....wow

You can't let NE pick up that many yards on a 4th and 4

He'll make the FG, they'll get the onside kick, and then a miracle TD

I suggest some therapy for yourself

Wait whats this? They're calling the teams back on the field for 1 final play.. The 49ers don't have enough men on the field, they will have to forfeit if someone doesn't come out of the locker room!

Interesting game. Really interesting. If these two teams met in the SB somehow everyone would go nuts after tonight.

I am convinced though that there is likely no D in the league who is perfect anymore. Any D can be had in this league today with these offenses.....

And I thought Buffalo was a Prophet?? Not!!! But had fun made me forget about our game today for a little while.

Good night for this thread,

Niners D got caught gassed late second half.

I also think that guy Justin Smith in the middle is pretty darn important, he generates the push that creates so many sacks for the others, IMO. I saw it vs the Giants in the NFCCG last year, that guy is good. Justin Smith did not play the entire second half.

The 49'ers would be near unstoppable if they had a good quarterback.

It would also help if they didn't let up/start rushing 3 when they were KILLING New England's offense. Man, WHY would you let an offense like that get a spark of life? AT HOME?

The 49'ers deserved to lose that game......SOOOOOOOOO many missed opportunities. They were very, very fortunate to escape Foxboro.

The 49'ers would be near unstoppable if they had a good quarterback.

It would also help if they didn't let up/start rushing 3 when they were KILLING New England's offense. Man, WHY would you let an offense like that get a spark of life? AT HOME?

The 49'ers deserved to lose that game......SOOOOOOOOO many missed opportunities. They were very, very fortunate to escape Foxboro.

Because they lost Justin Smith in the second half, they altered their game plan and it almost backfired. There is probably a reason why comebacks from 20+ points are rare because it takes so much out of you just to get even that you dont have much left in the tank.

Funny they were talking about teams coming back from 14+ points since 2011 (what kind of stat was that, just 2 seasons worth?). Because, if they even went back as far as 2008 or 2009, they would remember Mr.Peyton making several 17 point comebacks vs Texans, and a 17 point comeback vs Pats on SNF etc., not to mention the 24 point comeback recently on MNF.

once again the patriots come up short in a close game...how shocking

What a crazy game.

I can't sit here this morning and feel cruddy about it... the team fought and clawed their way out of the hole they dug for themselves, but in the end, their foolish mistakes came back to haunt them. Brady's first pick was a poor decision and an even worse throw, but the Ridley and Vereen fumbles and the second INT (off Hernandez's hands) were killer mistakes. Even though they tied it up, the hole they dug was just too deep.

Some day-after observations:

- Hernandez actually makes me a little nervous at times. He sometimes looks like he's trying to run with the ball before he actually catches it... that's not a good habit to get into. It seems like he's dropping a couple of passes in each game. I love the guy's versatility and raw talent, but hope that he works out the small details as he gains more experience.

- Stevan Ridley's fumbilitis. What can I say? Great job this year, but it's not going to matter unless he stops fumbling the ball. I don't know how many that is for him for the season... five I think? That's not at all acceptable out of a lead back and he needs to correct it. Green-Ellis wasn't as explosive as he is, but the ball security more than made up for it.

- Brady may have actually solidified his spot in the MVP race with a loss, as crazy as that sounds. Erasing a 28-point lead against the NFL's best defense was quite a sight to see. It's too bad they couldn't close it out, and I'm sure there are plays he'd like back, but that kick return and the subsequent TD to Crabtree were on the special teams and defense.

- Although I'm not sure I like Jim Harbaugh all that much, I have to say he's a heck of a coach and I have mad respect for him. Not only did they dial up some darn good game-plans, but he kept his team from imploding when the Patriots came roaring back to tie it.

- If the injury to Dennard is a bad one, that's going to really hurt New England. Along with Talib, he was playing very well (though he looked like a rookie at times last night) and had helped to solidify the secondary. The Crabtree TD came when Arrington replaced Dennard. The later is a very good tackler and I'm not sure Crabtree gets away from him the way he did with Arrington.

What a crazy game.

I can't sit here this morning and feel cruddy about it... the team fought and clawed their way out of the hole they dug for themselves, but in the end, their foolish mistakes came back to haunt them. Brady's first pick was a poor decision and an even worse throw,

I assume you were at the game. What they showed on TV and maybe you saw on replay was Welker was looking for PI and infact slowed down to look at the official. Which is a no no. Not sure if he kept running full speed he could have at least knocked it away to prevent an INT.

I assume you were at the game. What they showed on TV and maybe you saw on replay was Welker was looking for PI and infact slowed down to look at the official. Which is a no no. Not sure if he kept running full speed he could have at least knocked it away to prevent an INT.

JJ,

When he slowed down when the Defender got in front of him if he kept running full speed he catches the ball or at worse gets it knocked away. Bad play by welker, but hey it happens.

No, stopped going to night games when the second kid was born. ;-)

I know Welker slowed down a little but I didn't like the throw. There looked to be safety help on the play and Welker isn't really the type of guy you toss it up there to in double coverage. Brady really only gets in trouble when he starts forcing things, and I think he forced that throw a little. If I recall right there were only four rushers with everyone else dropped back in man/zone combo coverage.