Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Saturday This Sunday

NDKoltz

He might not be as brilliant as Peyton, but I have heard that he does call out blocking/protection schemes to the O line. The media says that Collins will have a very difficult time doing all of the things Peyton does, granted, but he does have a great center on the fild to help him out.

IMO the Colts might dumb things down alittle, or alot. I don't expect to see Collins doing all the craziness up there Manning does & hopefully we can become more smash mouth. Heavy run to set up the play action, make great use of the TE's blocking abilities maybe even throw in Gronkowski @ fullback. I just think it will be hard for Collins to play anything near Manning esque, it should be the coaches job to come up with an effective new scheme with Collins @ the helm. Im not really sure what they'll do. Not really sure how the D will fair also. I do believe we the Colts will have a very nice run game his year though :) .

As you said as well, Saturday should help alot with the protection and blocking schemes.

I think we should put Manning up in the booth, tied into the coaches' headset to communicate directly with Collins. Manning can make the calls, relay them to Collins at the line of scrimmage and Collins will run the no huddle just like Peyton!

That's a great idea but I think he wants to be there by his team, not in a both. But yeah definitely give Manning a head set and clipboard.

I think we should put Manning up in the booth, tied into the coaches' headset to communicate directly with Collins. Manning can make the calls, relay them to Collins at the line of scrimmage and Collins will run the no huddle just like Peyton!

I thought I herd somewhere that the communication cuts off with 15 seconds left on the play clock which is when Peyton does most of his work. So what Peyton sees after that will not be passed on to Collins. I do agree that if he is in the booth or sideline, it will be a big help the Colts offense.

Didn't the Colts go from a finesse style to smash mouth in the playoffs in '06 to win the Superbowl?

I think that should be the Colts style this year with a heavy dosage of Addai and Carter. We now have a true fullback along with a blocking TE. I believe were going to surprise people with a good running game with a good passing game(just not great).

I also believe the defense can stop the run, it's been done before, our new editions will only help that. My biggest concern of the D is pass defense philosophy. NO MORE SOFT ZONES. That philosophy only works when Manning is playing. Get rid of the " bend but don't break" for now, make the opponent battle for every completion.

Will there be some growing pains? Yes but IMO its necessary to change.( but its been done before)

I heard on Sportcenter that Caldwell said that he doesn't know if Peyton will go with the team to the Texans game.

Are we worried about that at all? He certainly SHOULD go... what do you think?

Have you ever had surgery of any kind? The doctors are probably going to advise against Peyton flying to the game and being involved in any way. Even standing on the sideline would be a strain. You are sick a few days after surgery, and weak. You need recovery time and much pain medication just from the surgery itself. I feel he won't be there for the Texans, but will be after that.

Have you ever had surgery of any kind? The doctors are probably going to advise against Peyton flying to the game and being involved in any way. Even standing on the sideline would be a strain. You are sick a few days after surgery, and weak. You need recovery time and much pain medication just from the surgery itself. I feel he won't be there for the Texans, but will be after that.

I posted that before we knew about the second surgery. Sorry for the confusion!