Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

To Clear Some Things Up

tfunky14

Colts owner Jim Irsay wrote on his Twitter account Wednesday night that Peyton Manning did not have a third neck surgery, and promises that the team will update Manning's status "soon."

Where there's so much smoke there is often forthcoming fire. We don't want to be irresponsible or jump to conclusions, but the tea leaves are screaming that the Colts and Manning are strongly considering the third neck operation. If your draft is for some reason on Thursday during the day or perhaps after tomorrow night's NFL opener, we'd strongly urge you to not take Manning and avoid Colts pass catchers altogether. Don't accept any Colts trade offers, either.

Dallas Clark stands to be our greatest weapon this season. To avoid picking him for your draft is ignorant beyond reason. He will amass great stats throughout the year. Collins is going to lean on our TE's heavily, I guarantee this.

I agree.. Dallas and Joe catching passes out of the backfield

This is how I'd like to see the fans here on this forum!!

From Irsay - "NFL Season opens 2nite!We had a good practice yesterday and r guys r fired up 4 the season.#18's out for awhile,but compete,we will/BELIEVE"

Colts are still going to do well this year!! 3-13 is just plain rubbish, BELIEVE!!!

By taking the best player available rather than the biggest need, Polian has helped fill this roster with talent. Yeah, we don' t have Peyton, but we do have Pro-Bowlers in Wayne, Clark and potentially Collie, Addai has been to one, Saturday has had a few. There is plenty of talent on this team and Collins is a solid QB who knows how to play the game. 3-13? No way. For me (as I'm sure it is with the Colts team), expectations are the same: win the division and compete for the Super Bowl.

Dallas Clark stands to be our greatest weapon this season. To avoid picking him for your draft is ignorant beyond reason. He will amass great stats throughout the year. Collins is going to lean on our TE's heavily, I guarantee this.

agreed, my team stands as this

QB Peyton Manning

QB Matthew Stafford

WR Calvin Johnson

WR DeSean Jackson

WR Reggie Wayne

RB Peyton Hillis

RB Reggie Bush

TE Jimmy Graham

BN BenJarvus Green-Ellis

BN Austin Collie

BN Roy Williams

BN Mike Tolbert

BN James Starks

BN Deion Branch

BN Tashard Choice

By taking the best player available rather than the biggest need, Polian has helped fill this roster with talent. Yeah, we don' t have Peyton, but we do have Pro-Bowlers in Wayne, Clark and potentially Collie, Addai has been to one, Saturday has had a few. There is plenty of talent on this team and Collins is a solid QB who knows how to play the game. 3-13? No way. For me (as I'm sure it is with the Colts team), expectations are the same: win the division and compete for the Super Bowl.

This is a +1 post for sure. I think the whole team will step up big time. They will give 100% and that is all we can ask. :highfive:

Given the circumstances, it is kind of exciting to see how this team will respond. I want them to be fired up and out to prove to the world that they still have the heart of a champion and will not fold. The task ahead without Peyton is daunting and not lost on us Colts fans but as always, we will believe in blue.

I just want Irsay, Polian, and Manning to come clean with us fans....I feel they are tip toeing around something, and that something isn't good....

I forget who tweeted it last night, but basically the tweet said they do not want to really come clean that Manning is done for the year or that he may miss significant time because the fans wont show up then.

I understand the thinking because Indy is not really known for its staunch support of its teams like say the Steelers or Browns.

I could see it happening though especially if we come out the gate 1-2 or 1-3.

Given our teams past handling of injuries I have a feeling that Peyton is going to be out a long time.

I would not be surprised by week 4 if he is not on IR. :facepalm:

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised.

But I will be watching rooting and going no matter who is under center!

GO :coltslogo:

This is how I'd like to see the fans here on this forum!!

From Irsay - "NFL Season opens 2nite!We had a good practice yesterday and r guys r fired up 4 the season.#18's out for awhile,but compete,we will/BELIEVE"

Colts are still going to do well this year!! 3-13 is just plain rubbish, BELIEVE!!!

THe Significance is

"NFL Season opens 2nite!We had a good practice yesterday and r guys r fired up 4 the season.#18's out for awhile,but compete,we will/BELIEVE," Irsay wrote on his Twitter page.

So who knows how long

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6942940/peyton-manning-indianapolis-colts-awhile-jim-irsay-tweets&ex_cid=MyESPNToday_Team

I jumped with joy when I someone managed to draft him on my fantasy team. He's my money maker for sure.

I saw on ESPN where Irsay tweeted Peyton will be out for "awhile". Looks like at least a few weeks at minimum.

Where?