Colts @ Texans Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• It’s a fair question in my opinion but I feel it’s a bigger problem he chose Fisher over Leno than Paye over Darrisaw.    DE was a legitimate need for us (and still is) so arguing for the Paye pick isn’t difficult in my opinion. Fisher over Leno though…
    • I think it falls on both Reich and Ballard. Reich for refusing to adjust his game plan and get other players involved like Hines and Ballard for insisting on only winning with his guys and acting like Free agency doesn't help. If I had to really be mad at someone it's Reich for not helping Fisher with Josh Allen or changing the offensive approach when all the jags were doing was run blitzing. 
    • We liked Darrisaw.   We were ready to draft Darrisaw if Paye had been drafted ahead of us.   Ballard literally said so after the draft.   He said Darrisaw’s name out loud.      You’ve misinterpreted any other comment he made.   Honestly, I don’t even remember him making the comment you claim he said.  
    • I did that comparison before the draft, because it was common knowledge that we were interested in both. At that time, it was reported we had interest in Fisher and Leno (and Leno got signed), and it was also known that Darrisaw would go around our pick, and there was an article on stampedeblue that we had interest in Darrisaw. So obviously unless a 2nd round LT fell to us where we eventually picked Dayo, then the choices were Darrisaw or Fisher (if we missed out on a 1st or 2nd round LT in the draft).    The statistical comparison is just to try and get a read on Ballard because he likes arm length. Since it is the same as Constanzos, it's odd that Ballard would pick Fisher with just a quarter inch longer arms. Nothing more.
    • So you're basically pointing at Ballard.  I'm with you on the stubbornness part if you mean he won't bring in a big name free agent to help the team.   But I can also see it from Ballards POV, he doesn't want to sacrifice the future for band aid fixes.  There has to be a middle ground.   I've been saying this for a while when it comes to accountability - Ballard has drafted several pass rushers in the last few years.  Here's where I think someone has to be accountable:  Kwity shows promise, as does Lewis, but no one is lighting it up.   So, who should be accountable - the scouts who gave those guys high grades (ultimately Ballard for using that info to pick them) or the coaches for not developing them?  I'm leaning to the coaching.  Just MHO.
  • Members

• holeymoley99

holeymoley99 1,260

• tannurr

tannurr 9

• CR91

CR91 8,650

• gregr507

gregr507 82

• 2006Coltsbestever

2006Coltsbestever 26,717

• Qcolts