Stop the run effectively

Pass the ball effectively

Stop the pass effectively

Win the turnover battle

Win the field position battle

Win the time of possession battle

Create serious pressure on the opposing QB

Create a safe pocket for our QB

Where do you see our advantage and our weakness?

Run the ball effectively

I think the Edge goes to the Texans here they have maybe the best running back in the game.  We have a patch work line and rookie back who isn't 100% with new guys on the roster.

Stop the run effectively

This goes to the Colts I think.  We have been very good at stopping the run lately although I think the Texans will be able to stop the Colts run game as well but the Colts have been much better against the run in recent weeks than they have been for years. 

Luck will get his yards but the Colts can't cover big tall WRs I see no reason that is going to change against Johnson this week. 

I go with the Texans because I think they are a better secondary than the Colts but this is not the strong point of either team.

Win the turnover battle

For the Colts to win they HAVE to win this battle.  They have to give Luck some short fields because I don't think you can count a rookie QB to have to drive 80 yards all day against the Texans D.  By the same token the Texans are a hard enough offense to stop without giving them free points. 

Again the Colts need a short field at times to have a chance in this game.  McAfee is a clear weapon that can help in this game and Hilton is an emerging weapon on special teams to help it as well. 

I am not sure how important this will be in the out come but the Colts can be a quick strike offense and the Texans like to run it so I say edge Texans.

Edge Texans because they have a better o-line than us but we must put heat on Schaub tomorrow. 

Again edge Texans our line is bad before it was a patch work line.

Run the ball effectively

Stop the run effectively

Win the turnover battle

LOL!  We typically don't do any of those things.  Yet somehow we still won 9 games?  Amazing.

LOL!  We typically don't do any of those things.  Yet somehow we still won 9 games?  Amazing.

I haven't had the chance to watch a whole colts game but if you're winning without most of that stuff then usually you're making more or key plays than the opponent is...unless they were all self-destructing:)

Run the ball effectively

Stop the run effectively

Win the turnover battle

I think we could stop the run well. We held Chris Johnson to a pedestrian 44 yards on 19 rushes. Running the ball will be...interesting. I thought we ran the ball well the last game when Shipley and Link came in. Also the Texans are in the top 5 of rush defenses.

Passing the ball could be a problem with JJ Watt. If we can neutralize him, we should ok because the pass defense of the Texans, could be as bad as ours. Neutralizing the pass will be a toss up. If Vontae can stay with Johnson and Bulter & Cassius limit mistakes, we could cause some problems for Schaub.

All three will be dependant on the running game. If we can run the ball well, we can limit the amount of times Luck throws the ball. And with our porous O-line, the less pressure on Luck.

If we stop the run, Houston becomes a 2 man team... The key will be making them play from behind... we have to come out of the gate like gangbusters and put up a quick 14 unanswered, then we can double Andre and hopefully keep him under 150... That being said, there has not really been a "blueprint" for our success up to this point, except maybe "get the ball back with a chance to win".

I haven't had the chance to watch a whole colts game but if you're winning without most of that stuff then usually you're making more or key plays than the opponent is...unless they were all self-destructing:)

That's why any sport can't be defined by stats. Stats don't include emotion and momentum. Stats only describe the past, they don't predict the future. If they did, Las Vegas would still be a desert.

I've kept all of the Colts Short Takes on DVR and just moved them to DVD. It's part of the Sunday Ticket, every play of the game in a half hour each. Except for the Jax home game I don't think the Colts led in a majority of stats. And some games we were beat in every category.

Like you said, it was key plays, key drives, and key stops. All at the right time.