Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With the (?) Pick I. The 2013 NFL Draft the Indianapolis Colts Select..

If I may.....

Try not to get married to the idea of a players grade for right now.     Saying that a player is projected to go in a certain spot by ESPN (or any draft projection)  on Dec. 15th is meaningless.

There are still all-star games,  combines,  pro days, private workouts.    Grades will change.     Some players will sky-rocket between now and the draft.   Others will plummet because of medical reports, or workouts,  or character issues, or a combination of things.

The college football regular season may be over,  but for draft eligible players,  things are just now getting interesting.   The process is a long, LONG way from being done.    Things change.    Bank on it.

If I may.....

Try not to get married to the idea of a players grade for right now.     Saying that a player is projected to go in a certain spot by ESPN (or any draft projection)  on Dec. 15th is meaningless.

There are still all-star games,  combines,  pro days, private workouts.    Grades will change.     Some players will sky-rocket between now and the draft.   Others will plummet because of medical reports, or workouts,  or character issues, or a combination of things.

The college football regular season may be over,  but for draft eligible players,  things are just now getting interesting.   The process is a long, LONG way from being done.    Things change.    Bank on it.

agreed

If we can sign both a tackle and a guard in Free Agency prior to the draft, then we'll all have a pretty good idea that taking an OL in the draft is not likely to happen.

But, if we only get one in Free Agency,  then we likely should expect the other to come in the draft.    If not in the first round, then likely the 3rd round, certainly no later than the 4th round.

We need at least two more quality OL.   How we get them is not as important as simply getting them.

If we can sign both a tackle and a guard in Free Agency prior to the draft, then we'll all have a pretty good idea that taking an OL in the draft iWells not likely to happen.

But, if we only get one in Free Agency,  then we likely should expect the other to come in the draft.    If not in the first round, then likely the 3rd round, certainly no later than the 4th round.

We need at least two more quality OL.   How we get them is not as important as simply getting them.

Agreed and hopefully a couple good starting quality O Linemen come free but Im not counting on it. It happened last year of course though. I think one will most likely have to come in the draft

Barr looks projected to be a 4-3 OLB. I like him but I dont think I like him at 235lbs as a 3-4 OLB although he does have real good skills, spin move, speed, good in pursuit but doesnt look to have alot of power to me

Barr is an interesting kid...   his strength could also be viewed as his weakness...

He's played the position for one year.    That's it.

Those who see the glass half-full see a lot of athletic upside with tons of potential.

Those who see the glass half-empty see just one year of experience and not sure if he fits their system and who knows if he's already reached his ceiling, etc. etc.

This is part of why being a scout is so hard.    One year wonders get some guys promoted and others guys fired.

Barr looks projected to be a 4-3 OLB. I like him but I dont think I like him at 235lbs as a 3-4 OLB although he does have real good skills, spin move, speed, good in pursuit but doesnt look to have alot of power to me

6'4 235 he def projects as 34 olb....with 13 sacks at ucla rushing the passer is what he did best. honestly though, i just threw his name out there, i don't even know if he is coming out. kiper does have him ranked at #10 on his board...not that it means much at this point.

Warmack is a top 15 prospect right now, I just don't see him falling to us. I like the idea that Barrett can play every position for us. I am a defensive guy.. But protecting Luck is key.

Yes, but hes a guard. Which means he will likely be available in the early 20s. Just like Decastro last year, who in my opinion was a top 10 talent, but because of his position slid .

Real good at Pulling

Looks to be very athletic (Can easily get to the second level and latch onto Linebackers)

Can hold his blocks

Hand punch is not great but pretty good

He can move laterally very well

quick to get to someone else after he has finished his block

I think he is a better fit in a Zone (Which I wish we were running

Real good at Pulling

Looks to be very athletic (Can easily get to the second level and latch onto Linebackers)

Can hold his blocks

Hand punch is not great but pretty good

He can move laterally very well

quick to get to someone else after he has finished his block

I think he is a better fit in a Zone (Which I wish we were running

the is talk the nfl will change the cut blocking rules in the off season, which could hamper zone blocking teams like the texans and redskins.

we go o-line in FA

This is something I could really see.

And, quite honestly, I don't think we need a block buster signing. We just need quality starters, and preferably guys who are durable (IE - not on the bench 5+ games a year). But if we did that, I could see us drafting just about anybody. If not, OL needs to be addressed early. I think we have some good skill players, and should be able to retain any of the guys we have now that we want to keep (none or premiere guys, so some very reasonable deals can be passed out).

Any hoo, here's hoping.