Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Clark Judge is Giving Bruce Ariens Some Real Praise

Did anybody see this article on the CBS Sports website? Clark Judge is making a case for BA to get a head coaching chance somewhere.

Arians should be on somebody's short list of coaching candidates

By Clark Judge | Senior NFL Columnist

December 11, 2012 3:52 pm ET

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/clark-judge/21363315/arians-should-be-on-somebodys-short-list-of-coaching-candidates

Selfishly, I hope it doesn't happen...

Hope not. I'm hoping that we are saved from BA leaving because I don't think he will be a candidate for a top tier team and I don't think BA will leave for a KC or Arizona where there is no QB. BA has said that he still loved coming to work in Manning's rookie year even though the Colts were losing and taking a pasting because Peyton got better every week, he was special and you could see that it was only a matter of time. I'm hoping that with his past experiences with Peyton and Ben that BA is spoiled and doesn't want to be in a situation where he has no QB because as he has said you can't win in the NFL without a QB.

I remember hearing him on 1070 the fan saying at this point in his career he really wasn't interested in being a HC somewhere. He's happy being an OC. Also P.Wilson said he thinks colts will add a title to his job description this offseason and give him more money, so I don't see him going anywhere.

We need a guy like Bruce Arians presence on our team for next year too. With the health of Pagano still recovering. Even if Pagano does make it back for the last game. He would still be in the recovery process and probably wouldnt be ready to take on the head coaching full duties so we would still need Arians presence around for this team. We should ease Pagano back to his full time duties, don't just throw it all on him as soon as he gets back. Even next year we still need Arians presence on the team

The only thing that worries me about the possibility of Arians leaving, is that Luck would have to learn another new system again. Some of the stuff Arians does drives me crazy, but a young QB needs consistency from the OC spot and 2 different systems in 2 yrs. is not a good way to start.

The only thing that worries me about the possibility of Arians leaving, is that Luck would have to learn another new system again. Some of the stuff Arians does drives me crazy, but a young QB needs consistency from the OC spot and 2 different systems in 2 yrs. is not a good way to start.

You've met Alex Smith then I take it :P

Given the uncertainty of the situation, with Chuck's health moving forward, I'm guessing Irsay will do what Dallas did with Garrett and pay him like a head coach to stick around. He'll be made assistant head coach and will be treated as somewhat of a co-head coach, as he should be. At this point, he has more head coaching experience than Chuck does.

Given the uncertainty of the situation, with Chuck's health moving forward, I'm guessing Irsay will do what Dallas did with Garrett and pay him like a head coach to stick around. He'll be made assistant head coach and will be treated as somewhat of a co-head coach, as he should be. At this point, he has more head coaching experience than Chuck does.

it sounds like chucks health is becoming more of a sure thing. Reggie said after the game that the target is still to have him back on the sidelines for the Texans game and Arains keeps saying the goal is for him to coach the playoff game. He could clearly have a relaspe but he sounds like he is in just about as good of shape as you could hope for given the situation.

That system worked #1 pick Alex Smith.... oh wait... never mind. :beg: