Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Time To Rally Behind The Team As Fans! Be Loud & Proud!

tfunky14

We will find out Sunday.

I hope I am wrong.

I will be so happy if I am wrong.

If the Colts win Sunday I will make my signiture say "Smitto is a football genius and ruksak is a big dummy". Word.

Hahah, that'd be great. Hopefully the Colts do win, will be very difficult though. Texans can always implode like they usually do.

There is no denying that you REALLY have lost it, first off you never told me the colts were not gonna rely on painter you probably told someone else that but not me. I think this whole peyton thing has affected you big time, can someone please explain how the packers manage to score less than 20 points while aaron was on the team with the colts starting Defense, they were the top 5 in offense last year werent they? Idc what youve been through when you start saying a team that has been through thick and thin and have still managed to make it to the playoffs over 9 times in the past decade, just magically fall off the cliff and let the texans who might i ad are what like 2-9 against the colts, win over the colts then yes i have every right to say that you obviously do not know this team AT ALL.... Thank you.

just promise me this, if the colts do in fact appear to suck without Manning, don't whine about it. Manning is Manning, don't throw your pom pond in the air saying we are better then so many teams in the NFL without Manning. I hope that Collins turns out good and that we kick *, but if Mannings completely out for the season, we are most likely in for some turbulence.

Here's an interesting twist. How weird would it be if Manning isn't ready to come back until week 9 and we're 7-1 and Collins is smokin hot? Can you imagine even the utterance of a QB controversy in Indy?

Honestly, if Manning doesn't come back until mid-late season, Manning, as great as he is, would be rusty and likely would struggle.

Hidden

Since I am not able to start a new topic, I'm not sure why, but I am going to have two extra tickets (I believe) to Week 2 vs. Cleveland. They are plaza level row 3 I think right on the 50 yard line. Face value is 267, and I'm willing to sell both for 450. If you or anyone you know is intrested, please send me a message or an email and I will contact you.

just promise me this, if the colts do in fact appear to suck without Manning, don't whine about it. Manning is Manning, don't throw your pom pond in the air saying we are better then so many teams in the NFL without Manning. I hope that Collins turns out good and that we kick *, but if Mannings completely out for the season, we are most likely in for some turbulence.

If the colts suck this season life still goes on, im sure like everyone here my life does not revolve around football. Of course the colts will miss manning but they will still be a successful team.

We will find out Sunday.

I hope I am wrong.

I will be so happy if I am wrong.

If the Colts win Sunday I will make my signiture say "Smitto is a football genius and ruksak is a big dummy". Word.

You dont have to say nothing, I could very well be wrong and the texans beat the Colts.... But i wouldnt put money on that at all.

If the colts suck this season life still goes on, im sure like everyone here my life does not revolve around football. Of course the colts will miss manning but they will still be a successful team.

Agreed Smitto. And to everyone else promise to stop posting unconfirmed "stories" about Peytons condition without checking and/or caring if there's official confirmation from the Colts organization. Every link from blogs,radio shows, podcasts isn't actually true and its scary how many people immediately accepted this article. I really hope we don't lose week 1 bc the entire "sky is falling" crew will be super active.

Here's an interesting twist. How weird would it be if Manning isn't ready to come back until week 9 and we're 7-1 and Collins is smokin hot? Can you imagine even the utterance of a QB controversy in Indy?

Honestly, if Manning doesn't come back until mid-late season, Manning, as great as he is, would be rusty and likely would struggle.

chuck norris has a better chance of winning an oscar than the colts going 7-1 without manning....

Yeah but he's still Manning I don't think Manning is going to get benched for a guy who is older than him lol. With that said we had fans who were saying we should try Painter last year when Manning was struggling so I am sure there will be a few who would call for us to play Collins and the media who would love a story like that would try to make one. Still in Colts land, which is the only one that matters, there wouldn't be a question. Peyton's our QB and they would go with him.

listen to me, the indianapolis colts are and always have been one the best teams in the NFL. i cant believ how you :fans: keep doubting this season without manning

how can we focus so much on one person while we have so many other talents

WE WON PRESEASON WEEK 4

WE CAN WIN AGAIN

AND AGAIN

AND AGAIN

WE WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS

AND WE WILL BE IN INDIANAPOLIS IN FEBRUARY AND BE PLAYING IN SB XLVI

WE HAVE TO BELIEVE IN BLUE

I AM

chuck norris has a better chance of winning an oscar than the colts going 7-1 without manning....

I'm not one of these "Bleed Blue" cheerleader types. I have a passion for the game, and for the Colts. I'm leaving the possibilities wide open.

Lowered expectations with reason to believe. Kerry can win. If we stay healthy and the team remains professional and patient (we know they will) then we can start accumulating wins after a few weeks of tweaking. As for Sunday, not feelin it.

I was of the opinion that it would have been tough to get a win against Houston even with Peyton playing. Houston's gotten tougher and the coaches have had the off-season to prepare for us. I have my fingers crossed that their D struggles with Wade Phillips 3/4.

It certainly seems like the Football Gods are smiling on Houston this year with the rest of the division "in flux" (as Rich Eisen said).

I feel confident that Collins can win games for us. I do wish, however, that he had been with us longer than 3 weeks and that we had a better running game and a defense to be feared. Hopefully the coaches will build the current system around Collins' strengths instead of trying to cram a square peg into a round hole.

Regardless, I'm here for the long haul. :1colts:

listen to me, the indianapolis colts are and always have been one the best teams in the NFL. i cant believ how you :fans: keep doubting this season without manning

how can we focus so much on one person while we have so many other talents

WE WON PRESEASON WEEK 4

WE CAN WIN AGAIN

AND AGAIN

AND AGAIN

WE WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS

AND WE WILL BE IN INDIANAPOLIS IN FEBRUARY AND BE PLAYING IN SB XLVI

WE HAVE TO BELIEVE IN BLUE

I AM

We came from behind to beat what could be the worst team in the NFL this season by a couple points in a pre-season game.. woohoo!

Ok, the new report Manning might be out 4 weeks, now the year and you all are ready to give up. Now the talk "lets get the best pick in next years draft or Andrew Luck". All we now Luck could be the next Ryan Leaf, a total flop. This talk is terrible if you ask me. Brady goes down in 08 and his team rallies behind Cassel to go 11 and 5.

Why not ralley behind your Colts and lets do the best we can in the 2011 season and see what happens before we cry to the high heavens. Geez there is still talent on the team and Collins is not the worst QB in the league. The Colts are going to win games, maybe not 12, 14 but 8,9 and maybe 10 are not out of the question.

Lets get a little louder at home games, lets try to prepare a little more and most important never give up.

Yep, more homerism will really help us become a better team.

I can't stand Steeler fans. I don't know what it is about them, but I'm just like come on get over yourselves.

Man I wish there wasnt a 3 post limit for members with under 20 posts. :/

I feel your pain on the 3 post limit. I have mostly been lurking around here since we switched from the old forum and now it is biting me in the patootie. That being said, while I don't agree with it the ones that say we should tank the season are entitled to their opinion. It is just that, an opinion. That doesn't make them less of a fan IMO.

I feel your pain on the 3 post limit. I have mostly been lurking around here since we switched from the old forum and now it is biting me in the patootie. That being said, while I don't agree with it the ones that say we should tank the season are entitled to their opinion. It is just that, an opinion. That doesn't make them less of a fan IMO.

I 100% agree. I'm not really down with the Andrew Luck sweepstakes, but the posters are entitled to their opinion and it doesn't mean they are NOT a true fan. I am optimistic that Peyton will come back. If for some reason he doesn't come back (this year) and the Colts do well, with the team stepping up as a whole, ( especially the rookies, UDFAs, FAs, & Collins) the Colts with a healthy Peyton could be monstrous next year. Major hypothetical scenario but it's completely possible.

Didn't the Colts go from a finesse style to smash mouth in the playoffs in '06 to win the Superbowl?

I think that should be the Colts style this year with a heavy dosage of Addai and Carter. We now have a true fullback along with a blocking TE. I believe were going to surprise people with a good running game with a good passing game(just not great).

I also believe the defense can stop the run, it's been done before, our new editions will only help that. My biggest concern of the D is pass defense philosophy. NO MORE SOFT ZONES. That philosophy only works when Manning is playing. Get rid of the " bend but don't break" for now, make the opponent battle for every completion.

Will there be some growing pains? Yes but IMO its necessary to change.( but its been done before)

Sorry but no offensive line and no running game and no back up QB = Doomsday. Remember the three little pigs story where only one had a brick home? You cannot compete for the trophy anticipating no bad luck in the future-that's why we but insurance.

You sound like Greeny and Golic. Sorry but you do.

If they sign Garrard I think they can still be pretty competitive. I hope the front office is on it's toes and offering Garrard a chance to get revenge twice.

And even if Manning never plays the same way again, we have been lucky to have one of the greatest QBs to ever play be so good for so long.

No thanks on Garrard. There was a reason he was let go. You don't see teams beating down his door to sign him do you? No one knows how fast(or slow) this team will gel and how fast our young players will adjust. Quit acting like you do. I expect the first couple of games might be rough but you never know. Collins is smart and has tons of experience. Don't count him out.

Why anyone is thinking about next years draft before the season starts is beyond me. I'm excited just to have football!

I only get up to Indy for two games each year. I'll be there in my Colts gear and cheering no matter who is playing QB or what our record is.

I think there are a lot more fans like me than those who would even consider the suck for luck strategy.

Amen!