Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Time To Rally Behind The Team As Fans! Be Loud & Proud!

tfunky14

Ok, the new report Manning might be out 4 weeks, now the year and you all are ready to give up. Now the talk "lets get the best pick in next years draft or Andrew Luck". All we now Luck could be the next Ryan Leaf, a total flop. This talk is terrible if you ask me. Brady goes down in 08 and his team rallies behind Cassel to go 11 and 5.

Why not ralley behind your Colts and lets do the best we can in the 2011 season and see what happens before we cry to the high heavens. Geez there is still talent on the team and Collins is not the worst QB in the league. The Colts are going to win games, maybe not 12, 14 but 8,9 and maybe 10 are not out of the question.

Lets get a little louder at home games, lets try to prepare a little more and most important never give up.

Why anyone is thinking about next years draft before the season starts is beyond me. I'm excited just to have football!

I only get up to Indy for two games each year. I'll be there in my Colts gear and cheering no matter who is playing QB or what our record is.

I think there are a lot more fans like me than those who would even consider the suck for luck strategy.

Why anyone is thinking about next years draft before the season starts is beyond me. I'm excited just to have football!

I only get up to Indy for two games each year. I'll be there in my Colts gear and cheering no matter who is playing QB or what our record is.

I think there are a lot more fans like me than those who would even consider the suck for luck strategy.

+1

No team would ever throw away games just to get a draft pick, let alone the Colts. I don't know why everyone is saying we're screwed, Kerry Collins is a good QB, and with Wayne Clark and Pierre Garcon around him he could do well. Plus we have a new O-line that looks better than last years. I'm not saying you said this, but don't give up yet Colts fans.

Even with Peyton out, I only see us losing to the Steelers in the first 4 weeks. I still have high hopes for this season.

Nope! We can't lose that game. We've got tickets to be there! I'm counting on a win as I will be yelling my throat hourse for a win. I am important to my team! :)

Ohh I pray we don't lose either. I live in Steeler country. -_- My hate for the Steelers goes deep.

Ohhhh. You deserve a :hug: . We lived in Steeler country for about six months. They couldn't understand why I wouldn't switch teams and become a fan of theirs. haha

Rabid fans, they do love their team.

If Manning is out for the year we need to do what baseball teams do when they miss the playoffs by mid-season. You trade your soon to be FA's or 1 year left guys for good farm players but in this case we want draft picks. It's the smartest move you can make. We still need to play hard, and give it our best, but no reason to keep players around that would end up being FA's to sign with another team if you can unload them now and get something in return. We are obviously not winning a SB with Collins @ the helm, anyone that thinks otherwise has been hitting that moonshine pretty hard. Best to build a better team for next year.

Ohhhh. You deserve a :hug: . We lived in Steeler country for about six months. They couldn't understand why I wouldn't switch teams and become a fan of theirs. haha

Rabid fans, they do love their team.

I can't stand Steeler fans. I don't know what it is about them, but I'm just like come on get over yourselves.

Man I wish there wasnt a 3 post limit for members with under 20 posts. :/

Ok, the new report Manning might be out 4 weeks, now the year and you all are ready to give up. Now the talk "lets get the best pick in next years draft or Andrew Luck". All we now Luck could be the next Ryan Leaf, a total flop. This talk is terrible if you ask me. Brady goes down in 08 and his team rallies behind Cassel to go 11 and 5.

Why not ralley behind your Colts and lets do the best we can in the 2011 season and see what happens before we cry to the high heavens. Geez there is still talent on the team and Collins is not the worst QB in the league. The Colts are going to win games, maybe not 12, 14 but 8,9 and maybe 10 are not out of the question.

Lets get a little louder at home games, lets try to prepare a little more and most important never give up.

HERE HERE Spoken like a TRUE Colt fan.

I can't stand Steeler fans. I don't know what it is about them, but I'm just like come on get over yourselves.

Man I wish there wasnt a 3 post limit for members with under 20 posts. :/

You're getting there! And a great big welcome when you do! Three more days my friend. Some things are worth waiting for. :)

oh great this thread going to go great...

Ohh I pray we don't lose either. I live in Steeler country. :yuk: My hate for the Steelers goes deep.

The best man at my wedding was the nephew of Chuck Noll.

I hear ya'.

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, but when it came to football talk &%%

Plus we have a life long bet on head to head, and I'm losing. :)

I don't want to purposely lose games to get a better draft pick, but with benching Manning, let's just say he's out for 6 weeks, and 6 weeks later we're 1-5 while the Texans are 4-2 or 5-1. The playoffs are all but lost, and I'd much rather let Peyton rest and recover than to throw him out there and risk permanent injury. IMO Peyton will not be 100% at any point this season, and no one is a "fake fan" for putting a man's health over a game. The last thing I want is for the Colts to put Peyton out there to dry and this injury to become permanent. That's the worst case scenario. Best case is that he's out 2 games and we're 1-1 or 2-0 and we can have another successful season and a chance to win the Super Bowl at home. Go Colts

I don't want to purposely lose games to get a better draft pick, but with benching Manning, let's just say he's out for 6 weeks, and 6 weeks later we're 1-5 while the Texans are 4-2 or 5-1. The playoffs are all but lost, and I'd much rather let Peyton rest and recover than to throw him out there and risk permanent injury. IMO Peyton will not be 100% at any point this season, and no one is a "fake fan" for putting a man's health over a game. The last thing I want is for the Colts to put Peyton out there to dry and this injury to become permanent. That's the worst case scenario. Best case is that he's out 2 games and we're 1-1 or 2-0 and we can have another successful season and a chance to win the Super Bowl at home. Go Colts

I'm not saying risk a injury to Manning that could end his career. Lets rally behind the Colts, Collins, Clark, Wayne and Freeney and lets see what happens for the 2011 season. They might suprise us..

I have been a fan of Manning before and will be a fan long after he is gone. Go Colts!!!!! We might have a down year this year. But it happens to every team, ever sport and every level. Highschool, college, and pros. No one is immune on not having a down year or a rebuilding year. That what will set from the true fans, to the not true fans. We just have to stick to our teams through thick and thin.

I suggest you change the thread title cause honestly you couldn't sound more like a jerk with that title...

You don't get it...Its towards the fans who keep saying "tank" the season, don't try to win games so you can get the first pick in next year's draft.

My guess would be all the people who are quiting on the colts this early are the ones that jumped this bandwagon back in 03 or 04 when Peyton started to break most records. I have bee a fan for life. I am only 22 yrs old so only really remember the season before faulk left to the rams but regardless I have faith in collins and in our D to bring us to a winning record. I dont think we will win them all by any means but I feel our chances of still ruling the AFC South are good...I mean last time I knew we had Kerry Collins not Jamarcus Russel!

Thread20Failed.gif

:facepalm:

Yep

I'm not one who wishes to tank the season for a draft pick, thats stupid. But I am one for being realistic, and blind fanboys that think we can win the super bowl under any circumstance irritate me. I'm a football fan first and foremost, and as a true fan of the game I know that you can root and cheer for a team in trouble, and still retain a realistic idea of how things are going to turn out.

Reality says that the Colts seemed entirely unprepared to lose their franchise QB for the 2011 season, a QB that this entire team and its protocols are built around, he's gone. Our season has to be approached with tempered enthusiasm and a realistic take on what the probable outcome will be.

Your title says it all. Who are you to say who deserves to be a fan or not? Pretty dumb thing to say since you asked me.

If ppl keep talking about this Andrew Luck his name is gonna experience the Mike Hart syndrome where ppl are annoyed and almost start to hate him because ppl are saying how good he is and hes not even out of college yet. The colts will not get any QB in the 1st round. Period

Yep

I'm not one who wishes to tank the season for a draft pick, thats stupid. But I am one for being realistic, and blind fanboys that think we can win the super bowl under any circumstance irritate me. I'm a football fan first and foremost, and as a true fan of the game I know that you can root and cheer for a team in trouble, and still retain a realistic idea of how things are going to turn out.

Reality says that the Colts seemed entirely unprepared to lose their franchise QB for the 2011 season, a QB that this entire team and its protocols are built around, he's gone. Our season has to be approached with tempered enthusiasm and a realistic take on what the probable outcome will be.

Basically you know zilch ever heard the term "any team can win on any given sunday"? meaning the raiders can beat the pats as out of this world as it may seem it can happen, this team has talent all over the place whether you or the rest of the media dont see it, it dont matter. The colts on paper are STILL better than half of the league without peyton so yea the colts do have a chance to reach the playoffs and make it to the superbowl.... The colts were not unprepared, if there is anyone to blame (and there isnt) it would be peyton cause he should have had that surgery as soon as the season ended but he didnt he waited. You pretty much sound like a politician no such thing as "tempered enthuasiasm" in football you either believe or you dont.

Nobody has the "correct" opinion on any of this. It is that, an opinion. If everyone was right, they would be facts.

Yes, people post a lot of meaningless dribble that bothers me on here and refer to "being realistic". Realistically, this team has a good as shot as any to win a Super Bowl with or w/ out Manning. However, if people do not like what others say, ignore it, or go away until we win a game.

Basically you know zilch ever heard the term "any team can win on any given sunday"? meaning the raiders can beat the pats as out of this world as it may seem it can happen, this team has talent all over the place whether you or the rest of the media dont see it, it dont matter. The colts on paper are STILL better than half of the league without peyton so yea the colts do have a chance to reach the playoffs and make it to the superbowl.... The colts were not unprepared, if there is anyone to blame (and there isnt) it would be peyton cause he should have had that surgery as soon as the season ended but he didnt he waited. You pretty much sound like a politician no such thing as "tempered enthuasiasm" in football you either believe or you dont.

Really? I told you that the Colts weren't going to rely on Painter, and I was right. I said if they hire a vet QB that means Manning is out for an extended amount of time, not just one game, I was right. If you pay attention and stop "bleeding Blue" like some excited school girl you would see that being real about football is the way to go. Y'all can keep your "rah rah" fanboy mentalities. Its immature and wholly unintelligible.

I've been a fan through thick and thin for the duration. I am very knowledgeable about this game, more-so than you are suggesting. I'll tell yea, Sunday we get beat by 20+ points (Colts 13 Texans 37) and when this happens I will be right here to remind you, AGAIN, that I was right. When this happens you will see the interesting dichotomy of "bleeding Blue" fans turn feverishly against this organization. Because they fooled themselves through an ignorance of reality that the Colts are a championship caliber team.

Watch, bro. They gonna be throwin a fit up in here like emo school girls. Not I, I can see it coming. I actually think our team will surprise people later in the year. But it is going to take time to gel this leaderless unit. Collin's is a high end QB in my purview, capable of leading us deep into the playoffs. But its going to take 4-6 weeks for him to grasp the reigns proper like.

Really? I told you that the Colts weren't going to rely on Painter, and I was right. I said if they hire a vet QB that means Manning is out for an extended amount of time, not just one game, I was right. If you pay attention and stop "bleeding Blue" like some excited school girl you would see that being real about football is the way to go. Y'all can keep your "rah rah" fanboy mentalities. Its immature and wholly unintelligible.

I've been a fan through thick and thin for the duration. I am very knowledgeable about this game, more-so than you are suggesting. I'll tell yea, Sunday we get beat by 20+ points (Colts 13 Texans 37) and when this happens I will be right here to remind you, AGAIN, that I was right. When this happens you will see the interesting dichotomy of "bleeding Blue" fans turn feverishly against this organization. Because they fooled themselves through an ignorance of reality that the Colts are a championship caliber team.

Watch, bro. They gonna be throwin a fit up in here like emo school girls. Not I, I can see it coming. I actually think our team will surprise people later in the year. But it is going to take time to gel this leaderless unit. Collin's is a high end QB in my purview, capable of leading us deep into the playoffs. But its going to take 4-6 weeks for him to grasp the reigns proper like.

There is no denying that you REALLY have lost it, first off you never told me the colts were not gonna rely on painter you probably told someone else that but not me. I think this whole peyton thing has affected you big time, can someone please explain how the packers manage to score less than 20 points while aaron was on the team with the colts starting Defense, they were the top 5 in offense last year werent they? Idc what youve been through when you start saying a team that has been through thick and thin and have still managed to make it to the playoffs over 9 times in the past decade, just magically fall off the cliff and let the texans who might i ad are what like 2-9 against the colts, win over the colts then yes i have every right to say that you obviously do not know this team AT ALL.... Thank you.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that those who have suggesting tanking the season don't deserve to be fans. They are anxious about the future of the Colts and I would just say that they haven't thought through things. Such as:

There is no guarantee that a first round draft pick will be successful.

And, how do you ask the players to tank a season? They are professional athletes who take pride in their performance.

Do you tell Freeny to back off? Forget about those sacks this year.

Do you tell Wayne to drop passes? Do you tell Joe to fumble? Do you tell Adam to miss field goals?

That is not going to happen. I can't see the Colts or any other team ever doing that. It would be demoralizing to the players.

Let me see if I understand some of the things I've read on this thread. We could be a super bowl team with or without Manning? Really? Our "running" game doesn't exist, and hasn't since Edge left. Remember that Kerry Collins had Chris Johnson to hand the ball off to in Tennessee. Unless our run blocking improves drastically, we're not going to be running with much success.

Steve Young said on Sportscenter that Peyton Manning is really the only player in the NFL that can't be replaced. I agree with him. And I disagree with anyone that thinks people that are down about losing Peyton are not true fans.

What's wrong with being realistic?

I'm not sold on Kerry Collins at all. That's as generous as I can put it.

Add another year of "coach" Caldwell and there's not alot of good reasons to be optimistic about this season.

That's just the way that I see it.

There is no denying that you REALLY have lost it, first off you never told me the colts were not gonna rely on painter you probably told someone else that but not me. I think this whole peyton thing has affected you big time, can someone please explain how the packers manage to score less than 20 points while aaron was on the team with the colts starting Defense, they were the top 5 in offense last year werent they? Idc what youve been through when you start saying a team that has been through thick and thin and have still managed to make it to the playoffs over 9 times in the past decade, just magically fall off the cliff and let the texans who might i ad are what like 2-9 against the colts, win over the colts then yes i have every right to say that you obviously do not know this team AT ALL.... Thank you.

We will find out Sunday.

I hope I am wrong.

I will be so happy if I am wrong.

If the Colts win Sunday I will make my signiture say "Smitto is a football genius and ruksak is a big dummy". Word.