Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Scouts Inc says Colts top 3 needs 1. S, 2. RB, 3. DT

bayone

In other news, water is wet....

I would place DT before RB though as Indy still needs someone capable of playing the NT position on the roster. Mookie looked pretty good there the past few years but is a FA and the Moala, Nevis and Matthews all are better suited for the UT position.

I would place DT before RB though as Indy still needs someone capable of playing the NT position on the roster. Mookie looked pretty good there the past few years but is a FA and the Moala, Nevis and Matthews all are better suited for the UT position.

How do they arrive at the conclusion that we need more depth at RB? We needed run blocking, not runners. Add to that we've added a fine looking RB via the draft. We have two first rounders already at RB, one of which posted 1k+ rushing in his rookie year. I would put RB among the least of our worries.

Wyld1, on 19 July 2011 - 08:46 AM, said:

How do they arrive at the conclusion that we need more depth at RB? We needed run blocking, not runners. Add to that we've added a fine looking RB via the draft. We have two first rounders already at RB, one of which posted 1k+ rushing in his rookie year. I would put RB among the least of our worries.

Maybe they think if ADDai leaves , and are just looking at current roster positions

of interest is that they list safety as top need for many teams, even others in AFC south

I agree with Wyld1 that a DT is of need we spoke of Mebane and in second in their series ( dont have link to first on Mebane ), 1st was Mebane stampede blue gives reasons for looking at Colts Should Target Barry Cofield, DT, Giants

My link

I will also note that Coltzilla discusses also both Mebane & Cofield as good fits and gives a great detailed paragraph on why giving an overall general reasoning on how fits team without the Football outsider stats stampede blue provides & uses to support his argument

He then concludes article ( after giving reasons why as noted ) on both

There are two guaranteed upgrades available in free agency for the Indy front office to ponder. Brandon Mebane and Barry Cofield would significantly improve the Colts run defense and should have a meaningful impact on the pass rush as well. Either player could be acquired without cutting Ryan Diem or Kelvin Hayden’s large contracts — though it would certainly mean that neither Johnson nor Muir would return. If one of the large contracts is unloaded, signing either or both players is possible — though signing both players is unlikely given Indy’s habits in the open market.

My link

Had read in various spots thogh I agree with u on Johnson , colts may go with muir, would hate it, due to Johnsons injury history, but it was he who stopped the run on our run to playoffs and didnt play in playoff and they ran all over us then

I am guessing they are in the belief that Addai will walk? Even if he does, Safety and DT are much bigger areas of concern, imo.

Had read in various spots thogh I agree with u on Johnson , colts may go with muir, would hate it, due to Johnsons injury history, but it was he who stopped the run on our run to playoffs and didnt play in playoff and they ran all over us then

Thank you! I knew I wasn't the only person who saw that last year :thmup:

I would love to see Mookie back but an upgrade (like Mebane) would be huge! Unfortunately, I don't believe there will be enough cap space for such a luxury...leaving our best shot at a decent NT being Mookie.

Addai is a free agent and not yet signed. Just spitballing here but that is how they arrive at RB being a position of need and they are not wrong.

How is RB STILL a need for us? We have like what 7 of them now?

Addai

Brown

Rhodes

Hart

Carter

James

Moore

Obviously not all of them will make the roster but as long as we can resign Addai (as we SHOULD) I don't see this being an area of need whatsoever

Strong safety is obviously the biggest area of need - our depth behind Bullit is perilously thin and we don't really know what we have in them

DT is obviously still a need - can't we get that guy from Seattle? Mookie is awesome but he's not an every-down player as he lacks stamina to be in on every play, but he's probably our best DT

I am guessing they are in the belief that Addai will walk? Even if he does, Safety and DT are much bigger areas of concern, imo.

I don't see any reason to believe Addai is going anywhere. It is that time of year for speculation. My response? If my mother had wheels she'd be a wagon.

I don't see any reason to believe Addai is going anywhere. It is that time of year for speculation. My response? If my mother had wheels she'd be a wagon.

I certainly hope not as I believe he is worth more to Indy, and vice versa, than elsewhere and in that thinking a reasonable deal should be attainable.