Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

FA/Draft 2013

Notable Free Agency additions :

OT Sebastian Vollmer : Need a RT. Goodbye Winston.

S Jairus Byrd : Tommy Z just isn't getting it done. Byrd is still young and would be a great addition.

OG Andy Levitre : Another young G who could contribute immediately. End of the Linkenbach era?

OLB Anthony Spencer : Many say he's dropped off in terms of production, but he's still under 30 and has 8.5 sacks this year.

Draft Picks :

Round 1 - Jonathon Banks - CB Mississippi State : I normally hesitate to pick up CB's this early in the draft but I think most of our problems will be addressed in FA with the ridiculous amount of cap space available.That and the fact that Cassius Vaughn is BRUTAL. I can't see Powers keeping his job either.

Round 3 - Larry Warford - OG Kentucky : Give Luck more protection.

Round 4 - Josh Boyd - DT Mississippi State : At 6'3" 300lbs he can play DE in our scheme and help Redding on the D-line.

Projected Offensive Starters :

Castanzo Warford Satele Levitre Vollmer

Wayne Fleener Luck Hilton

Brazill

Ballard

Projected Defensive Starters :

Bethea Byrd

Davis Banks

Spencer Freeman Angerer Mathis

Boyd Chapman Redding

The Bills will franchise Byrd or Levitre, highly unlikely both are available.

That's possible, but there were a lot of analysts that said the Texans would franchise Mario Williams...so for the sake of need/want list, I'm just going to address the FA's as it currently stands and not consider assumptions.

I think it could be

QB-Luck

RB-Brown/Ballard splitting carries

WR1-Wayne

WR2-Hilton

WR3-Avery

TE-Allen

TE-Fleener

LT-Castonzo

LG-Linkenbach

C-Shipley

RG-Warmack

RT-William Beatty

Defense

RDE-Redding

NT-Josh Chapman

LDE-Fili Moala/Joe Vellano

RE/OLB-Brandon Jenkins

ILB-Freeman

ILB- Angerer

LOLB-Mathis

CB1-Tracey Porter

CB2-Vontae Davis

Nickel-Darius Butler

SS-Rambo/Zbi

FS-Bethea

QB- luck (obivously)

HB- brown and ballard on 1st and 2nd,carter on 3rd down

WR- wayne, wallace, avery/hilton in the slot

TE- fleener and allen split

LT-Long or clady

LG- satele

C-shipley

RG- warmack

RT- castanzo

LE-redding

NT-chapman

RE-arthur jones

ILB- angerer + freeman

OLB- freeney and mathis

CB- asomugha (if cut if not sean smith), davis, nickel- powers/butler

FS- bethea

SS- zbikowski/ robert lester

I think it could be

QB-Luck

RB-Brown/Ballard splitting carries

WR1-Wayne

WR2-Hilton

WR3-Avery

TE-Allen

TE-Fleener

LT-Castonzo

LG-Linkenbach

C-Shipley

RG-Warmack

RT-William Beatty

Defense

RDE-Redding

NT-Josh Chapman

LDE-Fili Moala/Joe Vellano

RE/OLB-Brandon Jenkins

ILB-Freeman

ILB- Angerer

LOLB-Mathis

CB1-Tracey Porter

CB2-Vontae Davis

Nickel-Darius Butler

SS-Rambo/Zbi

FS-Bethea

• I'd be very glad if Avery didn't come back. He has a 48% catch rate. No bueno. I'll take Wayne/Hilton/Brazill/Whalen.
  • With all this cap money, do we really have to keep Linkenbach around? lol
  • Chance Warmack is ranked as high as 6th overall right now. Top 10 at least. I don't see him making his way into the 20's...but anything can happen and I would gladly have him as a Colt. Personally, I think the line will be bought with FA $ and the draft will focus on defense
  • Tracy Porter would be an awesome addition. Any CB not named Cassius Vaughn is fine with me at this point.

QB- luck (obivously)

HB- brown and ballard on 1st and 2nd,carter on 3rd down

WR- wayne, wallace, avery/hilton in the slot

TE- fleener and allen split

LT-Long or clady

LG- satele

C-shipley

RG- warmack

RT- castanzo

LE-redding

NT-chapman

RE-arthur jones

ILB- angerer + freeman

OLB- freeney and mathis

CB- asomugha (if cut if not sean smith), davis, nickel- powers/butler

FS- bethea

SS- zbikowski/ robert lester

• I'd love to have Wallace on the team. Avery would not be needed.
  • Castonzo isn't doing bad enough for me to try to find another LT, but if we could get Clady, I'd be happy to move AC to RT.
  • We have enough FA $ to not have to move current patch work players around. We can pick up quality O-lineman that belong at their respective positions.
  • Again...Warmack, I don't see him lasting past the top 15 of the draft. But if he did...awesome.
  • Can't see Freeney being resigned. That wouldn't make much sense after a disappointing year either...
  • Just say no to Nnamdi! We can draft a young CB or get a better one in FA
  • If we draft Lester or any SS, he needs to be good enough to start over Zib. Lester would do it.
  • Am I missing someone or do you only have us taking two people in the draft? :)

• I'd love to have Wallace on the team. Avery would not be needed.

• Castonzo isn't doing bad enough for me to try to find another LT, but if we could get Clady, I'd be happy to move AC to RT.
  • We have enough FA $ to not have to move current patch work players around. We can pick up quality O-lineman that belong at their respective positions.
  • Again...Warmack, I don't see him lasting past the top 15 of the draft. But if he did...awesome.
  • Can't see Freeney being resigned. That wouldn't make much sense after a disappointing year either...
  • Just say no to Nnamdi! We can draft a young CB or get a better one in FA
  • If we draft Lester or any SS, he needs to be good enough to start over Zib. Lester would do it.
  • Am I missing someone or do you only have us taking two people in the draft? :)

• Avery seems like good alternate option at slot, I know Hilton also does but at the very least Avery could be someone we trade away for a couple of picks.
  • Castanzo has had a couple past him but I agree, he is one of the better players on the line but Justice is always injured and in FA I'd rather take a LT than a RT.
  • although we have a reasonable amount of cap room, I don't want to be in a situation like the eagles where they owe 100's of 1000's of people money and have to release them
  • according to mock drafts (like Drafttek) it is said that we are said to being taking warmack or he is there at the time we are picking.
  • I hope when it comes to freeney, he pulls a reggie wayne where he does resign with us for a reasonable pay.
  • I will never say no to asomugha!
  • if we do draft a SS,I don't fully expect him to be the starter from opening day,they will take it the starting job in time.
  • the only reason for only 2 rookies mentioned is because it is going to be very hard to know where everyone will be taken and how many picks we will eventually have but I named the ones with starter potential already

• Avery seems like good alternate option at slot, I know Hilton also does but at the very least Avery could be someone we trade away for a couple of picks.
  • Castanzo has had a couple past him but I agree, he is one of the better players on the line but Justice is always injured and in FA I'd rather take a LT than a RT.
  • although we have a reasonable amount of cap room, I don't want to be in a situation like the eagles where they owe 100's of 1000's of people money and have to release them
  • according to mock drafts (like Drafttek) it is said that we are said to being taking warmack or he is there at the time we are picking.
  • I hope when it comes to freeney, he pulls a reggie wayne where he does resign with us for a reasonable pay.
  • I will never say no to asomugha!
  • if we do draft a SS,I don't fully expect him to be the starter from opening day,they will take it the starting job in time.
  • the only reason for only 2 rookies mentioned is because it is going to be very hard to know where everyone will be taken and how many picks we will eventually have but I named the ones with starter potential already

• Avery's value is not going to bring multiple picks. He hasn't exactly been in high demand...ever in his career. I'm more willing to see what guys like Brazill and Whalen can do than deal with someone with a 48% catch rate.
  • Disagree on Freeney. No way he is worth even a big pay cut. He isn't producing.
  • Why Nnamdi? He isn't even the best CB on their team. Rookie CB's have better stats. Casey Hayward for instance...why not just draft a CB and save the ridiculous contract for later when they earn it? 
  • For the SS...if he isn't an automatic starter, we better not use a 1st/3rd/4th round pick on him. Needs to be an undrafted FA. Too much value to sit behind a guy like Zib. 
  • It's all good. You don't have to make it that complicated. We are all just guessing and living out our inner GM fantasies here. :)

That's possible, but there were a lot of analysts that said the Texans would franchise Mario Williams...so for the sake of need/want list, I'm just going to address the FA's as it currently stands and not consider assumptions.

The price to franchise a safety is very reasonable while that of a DE is probably 2nd to only QB's. QB ,DE , CB are the high numbers while TE and safety are the cheapest. So very likely Buff will use the tag or sign Bryd to an extension.

The price to franchise a safety is very reasonable while that of a DE is probably 2nd to only QB's. QB ,DE , CB are the high numbers while TE and safety are the cheapest. So very likely Buff will use the tag or sign Bryd to an extension.

That's fine. I'll refer back to my statement that you quoted. I'm not assuming, just addressing.

Notable Free Agency additions :

OT Sebastian Vollmer : Need a RT. Goodbye Winston.

S Jairus Byrd : Tommy Z just isn't getting it done. Byrd is still young and would be a great addition.

OG Andy Levitre : Another young G who could contribute immediately. End of the Linkenbach era?

OLB Anthony Spencer : Many say he's dropped off in terms of production, but he's still under 30 and has 8.5 sacks this year.

Draft Picks :

Round 1 - Jonathon Banks - CB Mississippi State : I normally hesitate to pick up CB's this early in the draft but I think most of our problems will be addressed in FA with the ridiculous amount of cap space available.That and the fact that Cassius Vaughn is BRUTAL. I can't see Powers keeping his job either.

Round 3 - Larry Warford - OG Kentucky : Give Luck more protection.

Round 4 - Josh Boyd - DT Mississippi State : At 6'3" 300lbs he can play DE in our scheme and help Redding on the D-line.

I would be happy if we got Spencer and Levitre in FA. Not the "big name" signings that many are hoping for, but both likely to provide good production for us at a reasonable price.