• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Im personally in the wait and see group.  My reasons for optimism are the things being said are in line with how I think a team should be ran (but as we all know talk only goes so far) and I think we got a good coaching staff to facilitate a vision. Which is also something I love is that this team seems to have a vision or an identity if you will. Something we sorely lacked with the previous regime.   My reasons for caution though are what worry me.  While I liked parts of the draft I feel like Ballard did not take what the draft gave him. And I'll be in even more caution if we go and sign multiple defensive ends next year (it's going to be a great year for the entire dline) when we spent 2 high picks on them this year. To me it seems like he got to cute for his britches after making the obvious pick and that reminds me of Grigson. Is that an overreaction? Time will tell.  But it's a big reason for concern since this is supposedly the main entrance of talent is via this man's draft strategy.  Also I don't want a Polian approach to free agency and I get the feeling that is what we are getting.  That's underwhelming especially in an age where the salary cap is ever increasing and the options to sign decent talent for reasonable money are becoming more and more viable. Take the Breeland free agent as an example.    Either way despite my worries I'd say I have more optimism than pessimism and a far playoff run would probably have me sold.  But less than. 8 wins and I'm going to be questioning pretty hard.  Luck is good enough for us to reach the 50/50 mark. 
    • Well I mean new place, so not unexpected but could have fun with it
    • Rookies, Injured players, and QB's were to report today.
    • At least you’re consistent...    wrong, but consistent.   This is now twice you’ve said people here would be blaming Ballard if the Leonard deal hadn’t gotten done.   The only people who’d be bashing Ballard are the ones who don’t understand the new CBA.   Everyone else — the vast majority — would be bashing Leonard and his agents.   That’s where the responsibility would’ve been correctly placed.    For some reason you don’t know that.   And once again you trot out another wrong example with Ballard....   in your mind “he can’t close the deal.” You take the 2018 free agency season and interpret it as he CAN’T close the deal,  when the correct understanding is that the only deal he wanted to close on in 2018 were the ones on HIS TERMS.   And as I’ve explained to you repeatedly, Ballard closed the deal 10 times in the 2017 free agency season.  But you keep forgetting that even though it was only one year ago.   Ballard wasn’t the problem with Leonard,  the agents who wanted things they mostly weren’t going to get were the problem.   It’s the first day of camp and here you are knocking heads with folks.   You might want to consider keeping your powder dry and enjoying the new season.    Just a thought....  
    • Video(s) not working tonight: https://www.colts.com/video/checking-in-rookie-de-tyquan-lewis-reports-for-training-camp   https://www.colts.com/video/back-when-i-played-marlin-jackson-on-training-camp-changes-and-building-team-che
  • Members

• Arby0359

Arby0359 12

• Shafty138

Shafty138 836

• life long

life long 269

• CR91

CR91 5,956

• Surge89

Surge89 855

• NewColtsFan