Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Improved Mock

*Trade down a few spots, to late 1st Round, Early 2nd Round*

Pick (28-34): Barrett Jones (C/G/T), Alabama OR Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan

Round 3: Brandon Jenkins (OLB/DE) FSU

Round 4: Gabe Jackson (G), Mississippi State

Round 5: Quinton Patton (WR) Louisiana Tech

Round 6: Joe Vellano (DE) Maryland

Round 7: Brandon Bishop (S), North Carolina State

Pick (28-34): Jonathan Cooper OG North Carolina OR Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan

Round 4: Sheldon Price (CB) UCLA

FIFY

i said something similar several weeks ago, but i'm not so sure now. the colts olline just made the titans dline look like the fearsome foursome.

I won't let one bad game from Justice make me want to use a 2nd rounder on a RT in year 2 of a rebuild.

I won't let one bad game from Justice make me want to use a 2nd rounder on a RT in year 2 of a rebuild.

i would feel better if justice could actually stay healthy. plus, with teams throwing more than ever i think right tackles are becoming more valuable

As Grigson said, he is going to stick to his board. If the best players are offense, that is where he will draft. He got lots of flack last year for picking so many offensive players, and that worked out.

Meh it worked out and it worked out well to BUT people are always going to have favorites in the draft and want a particular player right off the bat if he is there for the picking and sometimes (not always or even alot) they are very reasonable picks and others just want someone based on talent alone. Thats what the draft is all about, wanting someone that you or anyone else think can help the team. Me? Im a needs guy, why? I happen to believe you can have all the talent in the world at some position but if you dont right your wrongs on the team (O Line, Corner, S, OLB, arguably DE all in our case) then you can get easily exposed in areas by the great teams and coaches and only get so far. If it was me picking I'd make 1st round priority a Guard, Tackle, Corner and if all the ones I targeted in the first are gone then I go OLB. But ya better know what the areas that need to be improved are and if that player can improve one of those areas while also fitting the system. Im not one for hoping a bigtime FA is released that we can put in at an area of need I'd rather find a long term answer in the draft even if it takes said player a couple years to develop.......Bahhhh so many ways to go about the draft but at the end of the day its a crap shoot But a crapshoot worth taking rather then a player whos crapped his way off of another team (or a few)

Pick (28-34): Barrett Jones (C/G/T), Alabama OR Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan

Round 4: Gabe Jackson (G), Mississippi State

Love it, I dont know anything about Gabe Jackson though (I'll look him up)

Just out of curiosity, what are the Colts getting for trading down? I couldn't much tell....

As for the players, they seem fine for now... but I think we'll have a much better feel for them in a month or so... I think Jones will be available at the spot where you want us to trade down to. But Fisher's stock seems to be rising. I don't think he'll be there for us, though I suspect Grigson is going to fall in love with him if he hasn't already.

Things will really get interesting in February with the combine and March/April with pro days and private workouts....

Draft boards will be very, very fluid up until just before the draft....