Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Caldwell New Raven OC

unitaswestand

Harbaugh: Jim, we just had a three and out after attempting three runs in a row. Mix it up a bit.

Caldwell: (Blinks)

Harbaugh: Okay, you just got another three and out, but I like that you had a pass play in there. Keep mixing it up.

Harbaugh: Hey Jim, we're down two scores now. We need to open up the offense a bit and get back in this game.

Harbaugh: We're getting blown out here. Do you have anything in that playbook to get the offense going?

Caldwell: (Opens mouth... Blinks again)

Harbaugh: Oh ****.

We scored on our1st possession of the game and then could not do anything afterwards. We come out to start the 2nd half and have I believe a 14 play 80 yard drive for a TD. We then score on 2 other offensive possessions in the second half. That tells me that there were offensive adjustments made since we could move the ball and get points in the second half when we were unable to in the first half.

The only offensive adjustments made in the 2nd half were injuries. Justice and Satele leaving the game seemed to improve our protection slightly. You'd be better served to tell me what adjustments were made, as opposed to taking the lazy approach of saying, "points were scored, so adjustments were made." What did we do differently offensively in the 2nd half that we didn't try to do in the 1st? He didn't change his strategy at all. He called run plays from tight formations and continually called empty backfields on 3rd down, regardless of what happened the play before. He does that every game. So where are these adjustments you speak of?

You still haven’t answered my question about your general statement that the new guy is not much better than the old guy. You keep wanting to just use the last game as your proof weak as it is. We have scored in the second half and won games all year. If you are going to make general statements like you have, tell me how that is not making offensive adjustments.

I talked about the Titans game because YOU brought it up. I can give you several instances where he failed to make adjustments from half to half. The Detroit game, there were no adjustments made on offense. The key plays that sparked the victory came on broken plays. The bomb to Brazil, Luck was flushed from the pocket and took a shot down field. The game winning touchdown was also a broken play where Luck was chased from the pocket and hit Avery on the drag (which Arians himself admitted was actually the last read in the post game)...The New England game was a colossal failure to adjust on Arians part. He played right into the Pats hands continuing to call deep shots down the field because of what he perceived to be a weak secondary. We had the lead early but literally passed our way out of that game. No adjustments were made when it was obvious their pass rush wasn't allowing Luck to deliver the ball comfortably (hence, the forced throws and turnovers.) So once again, what adjustments are you seeing be made from half to half out of Arians? He's not calling anything differently, he's just the beneficiary of talented offensive players bailing him out and making him look better than he really is.

Look at the plays called, not the outcome of the plays. That will tell you what you need to know about a coordinator. Arians isn't changing his strategy at all. Luck and Wayne just have a knack for making something happen when a play is broken, and make Arians chicken s*** look like chicken salad

The only offensive adjustments made in the 2nd half were injuries. Justice and Satele leaving the game seemed to improve our protection slightly. You'd be better served to tell me what adjustments were made, as opposed to taking the lazy approach of saying, "points were scored, so adjustments were made." What did we do differently offensively in the 2nd half that we didn't try to do in the 1st? He didn't change his strategy at all. He called run plays from tight formations and continually called empty backfields on 3rd down, regardless of what happened the play before. He does that every game. So where are these adjustments you speak of?

I talked about the Titans game because YOU brought it up. I can give you several instances where he failed to make adjustments from half to half. The Detroit game, there were no adjustments made on offense. The key plays that sparked the victory came on broken plays. The bomb to Brazil, Luck was flushed from the pocket and took a shot down field. The game winning touchdown was also a broken play where Luck was chased from the pocket and hit Avery on the drag (which Arians himself admitted was actually the last read in the post game)...The New England game was a colossal failure to adjust on Arians part. He played right into the Pats hands continuing to call deep shots down the field because of what he perceived to be a weak secondary. We had the lead early but literally passed our way out of that game. No adjustments were made when it was obvious their pass rush wasn't allowing Luck to deliver the ball comfortably (hence, the forced throws and turnovers.) So once again, what adjustments are you seeing be made from half to half out of Arians? He's not calling anything differently, he's just the beneficiary of talented offensive players bailing him out and making him look better than he really is.

Look at the plays called, not the outcome of the plays. That will tell you what you need to know about a coordinator. Arians isn't changing his strategy at all. Luck and Wayne just have a knack for making something happen when a play is broken, and make Arians chicken s*** look like chicken salad

I like you... dont worry... well unless I start to worry :-)... I kid I kkid but seriously someone listen to this man.

Where do I start? He's predictable (run plays only come out of heavy formations, pass plays only come out of spread formations), obsessed with the vertical pass, doesn't alter strategy when scheme isn't working, and his offense has no continuity (runs for decent yardage on 2nd down. 3rd down, opts to pass up opportunity for play action and calls an empty backfield)

He's a man without a plan, in my opinion. He calls plays based on his gut. No strategy or forethought, whatsoever

Well, I think his "gut" has done pretty good this year. Hey also, how do you like my gut ? :puke: :puke:

Harbaugh: Jim, we just had a three and out after attempting three runs in a row. Mix it up a bit.

Harbaugh: Okay, you just got another three and out, but I like that you had a pass play in there. Keep mixing it up.

Harbaugh: Hey Jim, we're down two scores now. We need to open up the offense a bit and get back in this game.

Harbaugh: We're getting blown out here. Do you have anything in that playbook to get the offense going?

Caldwell: (Opens mouth... Blinks again)

Harbaugh: Oh ****.

Can't you just picture this gripping & riveting scene on NFL Soundtracks via NFL Films. haha:funny: The cameras guys would fall asleep in the large video truck. :lol::spit:lmao Is the mike on?! :lol:

I heard Harbaugh fired him to make Joe flacco happy

I heard the owner might have had something to do with it. Strange move at this point in the season. Here's the thing with the Raven's D if they score 28 points in a game I don't really blame the offense for them losing. That's like blaming a team built around offense's defense for a lose if they only give up 17 points.

Caldwell lack of emotions shown debunked-

Fans watching at home only see what cameras want ya to see

Whoa..& the Emmy for best...heck let alone any emotions on the sidelines goes to Jim Caldwell. I didn't know he could do that. Since when do robots express genuine anger & emotion? haha Sorry Jim...

Nice post Gavin! :thmup:

I don't understand why this hasn't been moved to nfl general. It's not colts related. All of the Peyton manning threads were moved over without hesitation, once he was a bronco... Soooo.... What's the deal! Man!

In the future, would you please use the report link when you see something that needs to be moved. That would be helpful.

Everybody here should help keep the boards organized.

In the future, would you please use the report link when you see something that needs to be moved. That would be helpful.

Everybody here should help keep the boards organized.

Thats excellent advice, u know i am sure u have told me same , but never remembered it and on other threads on this topic I r took asked for merger and it was though u didnt tell me about this report link thiss time

NOW I DO SEE IT- HOPEFULLY I WILL REMEMBER IT, thanks

In the future I will do this. Always thought reporting was for troublesome people or trolls etc.

Thanks so much!

Report is for anything that needs mod action. We try to be everywhere but it's not possible.

We appreciate it when people pitch in and help keep things organized.

Now............is there was some magical way to get people to title their posts so that people know what they are..........AND not create duplicate threads

That would be awesome!

Thanks so much!

Report is for anything that needs mod action. We try to be everywhere but it's not possible.

We appreciate it when people pitch in and help keep things organized.

Now............is there was some magical way to get people to title their posts so that people know what they are..........AND not create duplicate threads

That would be awesome!

That is true and sometimes forum members like me may say something that seems critical but its not meant to be, we all know & appreciate the dedicated hard work moderators do , give yourself a million likes

Peyton Manning says Caldwell took his game to another level while he was there since 2002.

“He’s very detail-oriented. He and I are very similar that way — very routine-oriented,” Manning said. “I miss being in his presence every day, because that was really a fun time that he and I had together.”

“I felt like he really took my game to another level. He’s also a tremendous mentor and friend to me,” Manning said. “I can speak to him as a person and what kind of a coach he was to me.”

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-peyton-manning-says-jim-caldwell-took-my-game-to-another-level-20121212,0,5824323.story

• 2 weeks later...

Thank You for the explanation. I understand your point of view better