Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Caldwell New Raven OC

unitaswestand

More reason why I hope the Colts play the Ravens in the playoffs. I thought they were the most beatable team before. Caldwell instantly takes them down two more notches.

He's gone and no longer the problem here. No need to sling anymore mud at the man. I think this is a good opportunity for us to see if he was handcuffed by the Polians, or was he really just that inept as a coach. We'll see.

For what it's worth, our new guy isn't that much better in the department of making adjustments. He's just a better motivator than Caldwell and his stoic blank stares

They fired Cam Cameron, who was according to Ravens fans, just plain awful at his job. So they moved up Jim Caldwell from QB Coach to OC

Really? Cam Cameron is awful? I remember when he was in San Diego, he was.....oh wait, yep, that was awful.....my bad...........go on! LOL

Caldwell replacing Cameron is a downgrade, didn't they know that before they made that stupid move. Oh wait, he did get us to a Super Bowl, or was that Manning or Polian?

No, Cam Cameron is a poor man's Bruce Arians. I'm not fond of Arians at all, so me calling Cameron a lesser version of him is really speaking to how truly awful he is. Ravens fans had the same exact complaints about Cameron that we (and before that, Steelers fans) have about Arians. We've never seen Caldwell as a coordinator. I'll give you that he's a horrible head coach, but it's not fair to say he's a downgrade as a coordinator

No, Cam Cameron is a poor man's Bruce Arians. I'm not fond of Arians at all, so me calling Cameron a lesser version of him is really speaking to how truly awful he is. Ravens fans had the same exact complaints about Cameron that we (and before that, Steelers fans) have about Arians. We've never seen Caldwell as a coordinator. I'll give you that he's a horrible head coach, but it's not fair to say he's a downgrade as a coordinator

What's wrong with Arians, he's made some pretty brilliant calls this year. Let's just take the last game. When we need to get a first down, then burn the clock, I thought we would pass to get the 1st down. Instead we run over the left side with Ballard (dinged up as he was) for a bunch of yards and the game was over ostensibly. Brilliant I say, how in the world did we get those yards?

He's gone and no longer the problem here. No need to sling anymore mud at the man. I think this is a good opportunity for us to see if he was handcuffed by the Polians, or was he really just that inept as a coach. We'll see.

For what it's worth, our new guy isn't that much better in the department of making adjustments. He's just a better motivator than Caldwell and his stoic blank stares

If he is not much better than yhe old guy why do we play much

better in the second half? We sure didn't last year

What's wrong with Arians, he's made some pretty brilliant calls this year. Let's just take the last game. When we need to get a first down, then burn the clock, I thought we would pass to get the 1st down. Instead we run over the left side with Ballard (dinged up as he was) for a bunch of yards and the game was over ostensibly. Brilliant I say, how in the world did we get those yards?

Where do I start? He's predictable (run plays only come out of heavy formations, pass plays only come out of spread formations), obsessed with the vertical pass, doesn't alter strategy when scheme isn't working, and his offense has no continuity (runs for decent yardage on 2nd down. 3rd down, opts to pass up opportunity for play action and calls an empty backfield)

He's a man without a plan, in my opinion. He calls plays based on his gut. No strategy or forethought, whatsoever

The defense made adjustments in the 2nd half. Manusky gets the credit for yesterday's win more than Arians, in my opinion.

Both sides of the ball made adjustments. run game got going in 2nd half opening up the passing. game. At one point 1st half10 to 11 Tiotaqn defenders wer up on the line of scrimmage, knowing Luck had no time for any receiver to get open from man to man cover, even quick slants. We had to run the ball to commit LB's and take a deep shot to back off the sfaties, if not both CB's and safeties, to open up space receivers to get open. Problem was Hots had to stay in and block a lot.. At least that was what I saw from network broadcast. I'll bet coaches film has even more nuggets.

The more I think about this, the more I wonder what Caldwell's offense will look like. I would think that, if he does a reasonably good job, he'll be the guy going into next season, and then he'll have a full offseason to implement HIS system. I don't think anyone has any idea what that is, even Harbaugh. Maybe even Caldwell. Will it look like the Tom Moore / Peyton Manning offense? Will it look like the Mike Shula / Clyde Christensen offense from Tampa?

The Ravens play the Broncos next week. I'm going to enjoy that game even more now.

The d was responsible for7 points. The offense was responsible

for the rest. We have been a second half team all year. If

That is not due to adjustments being made then what is

the explaination?

The defense held the Titans to 3 points in the 2nd half. Outside of the opening drive (which should have stalled if not for a prayer, 3rd and 11 Reggie Wayne grab) the offense kicked field goals in the 2nd half. The defense made the key adjustments that sparked us to victory. The great punt and the pick 6 that followed are what totally shifted the momentum in our favor

I would have fired Cameron just on the fact that Ray Rice was not getting even close to the touches he should have. By far one of the best backs in the game and only getting the ball 15 times is not very smart. He rather throw the ball around with Flacco when they have the lead instead of giving rice the ball.

The defense held the Titans to 3 points in the 2nd half. Outside of the opening drive (which should have stalled if not for a prayer, 3rd and 11 Reggie Wayne grab) the offense kicked field goals in the 2nd half. The defense made the key adjustments that sparked us to victory. The great punt and the pick 6 that followed are what totally shifted the momentum in our favor

We scored on our1st possession of the game and then could not do anything afterwards. We come out to start the 2nd half and have I believe a 14 play 80 yard drive for a TD. We then score on 2 other offensive possessions in the second half. That tells me that there were offensive adjustments made since we could move the ball and get points in the second half when we were unable to in the first half.

You still haven’t answered my question about your general statement that the new guy is not much better than the old guy. You keep wanting to just use the last game as your proof weak as it is. We have scored in the second half and won games all year. If you are going to make general statements like you have, tell me how that is not making offensive adjustments.