Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vick Ballard

cjwhiskers

Ballard will be okay...I'm worried about Carter....fumbles could absolutely lose this game that we should and must win. I have zero questions about Carter's talent and ability to run but his past ball security issues make me nervous (while at the same time I'm excited to see Carter get a chance....I remember a run against N.O. last year that wowed me).

Ballard will be okay...I'm worried about Carter....fumbles could absolutely lose this game that we should and must win. I have zero questions about Carter's talent and ability to run but his past ball security issues make me nervous (while at the same time I'm excited to see Carter get a chance....I remember a run against N.O. last year that wowed me).

how long are people gonna hold a couple fumbles early in his rookie year against this kid?

how long are people gonna hold a couple fumbles early in his rookie year against this kid?

As I said, I'm excited to see him play, i have confidence in his running and I don't hold the fumbles from last year against him. I think the only way the Titans win is if we shoot ourselves in the foot by turning the ball over and past is prolog so it makes me a little nervous.

I type with only one hand

I don't know if that's out of desire, or necessity.

If out of necessity, I apologize, but would have no way of knowing, and would mean no malice.

'twas just a little joke, having noticed that you often reply with one, or few words.

Peace.

IMO Ballard is the first legit NFL caliber RB we've had since the Edge. I'm still holding out hope for Carter, but Ballard is yet another notch in Grigson's belt.

I loved Addai's dexterity and stylish moves, but he didn't have the power or durability to hack out a niche.

Ballard will only be as Good as the offensive line allow him to be

I like Ballard , but as u say ( though he can at time break tackles etc ), our OL sure has to be there to not just open holes but block down field as well for him to be consistent

Great 5th round Pick

IMO Ballard is the first legit NFL caliber RB we've had since the Edge. I'm still holding out hope for Carter, but Ballard is yet another notch in Grigson's belt.

I loved Addai's dexterity and stylish moves, but he didn't have the power or durability to hack out a niche.

What makes Ballard any more legit then Brown or Carter? His 2 fumbles or 1 touchdown through 12 games (8 of which are starts)

What makes Ballard any more legit then Brown or Carter? His 2 fumbles or 1 touchdown through 12 games (8 of which are starts)

I don't agree with the criticism of Brown, or necessarily even Carter. But I've always thought Ballard would be a better pro runner than both. And he's taken full advantage of his opportunity these past few weeks.

He would've had more TDs if Carter didn't come in and vulture away his TD runs. He's done all the work and the coaches take him out in the opponent 10 yard lines.

Also, you're clearly bias with Brown. You want him to succeed soo badly that you want to ignore what Ballard has done.

Just watch him, like, today. He's a pounder, straight and decisive.

How can you not see it......?

I do....at times, I like him alot he is a hard running Back, My thing is what has Brown done to lose his #1 Back spot, Im not trying to discredit anything Ballard has done but he has done fumbled twice while sharing the load (even though if I remember right both were recovered)meanwhile Brown has not fumbled since his rookie year. Regardless who starts I like them both and support the Colts no matter what of course, But seems like Brown is getting a raw deal even though such is life sometimes

He would've had more TDs if Carter didn't come in and vulture away his TD runs. He's done all the work and the coaches take him out in the opponent 10 yard lines.

Also, you're clearly bias with Brown. You want him to succeed soo badly that you want to ignore what Ballard has done.

I like Ballard and Carter, heck I even like bruising Backs more then speedsters

I do....at times, I like him alot he is a hard running Back, My thing is what has Brown done to lose his #1 Back spot, Im not trying to discredit anything Ballard has done but he has done fumbled twice while sharing the load (even though if I remember right both were recovered)meanwhile Brown has not fumbled since his rookie year. Regardless who starts I like them both and support the Colts no matter what of course, But seems like Brown is getting a raw deal even though such is life sometimes

Being outplayed by Ballard. And one of those fumbles was recovered by us. He's no where near Carter in terms of worrying about fumbling on any given run.

How does everyone think Ballard will fair this weekend? I'd love for him to have a big game, both in the rushing and recieving end. I'm sure Carter will get some work in but I can see Ballard being utilized quite a bit this game.

Well, I have to listen to the Colts instead of watching them on TV ( this is laziness on my part, I'm sure there is a bar in Chicago that has the Colts on) and according to whoever is doing the gamecast Ballard is now 'The Dagger' :rock: . This makes me incredibly happy since I have long wanted to see the Colts have the ability to pound out the last few minutes of a game when they have the lead.

How does everyone think Ballard will fair this weekend? I'd love for him to have a big game, both in the rushing and recieving end. I'm sure Carter will get some work in but I can see Ballard being utilized quite a bit this game.

Ballard came through for us.....hope he's Okay...we were down to one running back in the 4th quarter...

If he's out...I dont know what we do...