Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Other 52!

cmgww

So all the "talking heads" have us pegged at anywhere from 3-13 to 8-8....

I see the Colts still winning the division! Collins may be old, but he knows the conference. Even with Wade "the best DC ever" I think he will shred the Texans (if the O line can give him time (we will see..expect Saturday to help out Collins on the pre-snap stuff) Oh and BTW, If Wade was so great in the DC role, why did the Cowboys suck so bad at defense last year??

Houston is licking their chops at not facing Manning....But they forget that we are still loaded at WR, TE, RB...and a BIG O-line. If we go to more of a running game, we may just win a few w/o Manning....

Lastly....the other players have most certainly heard the comments from the media, and I think it will make them play inspired football. So many media types are already proclaiming the Colts dead, you have to be dumb to think the other 10+ Pro Bowlers don't hear that. I see a jacked up team that will down the texans and browns, and maybe the steelers....3-0.

Just my opinion

Frankly I think we are going to be very surprised (in a good way) at what we are going to see Sunday. I think we are going to see a very fired up team that is going to be tired of hearing how they stink and have no shot with Manning. This team has a history of playing very well when the media bad mouths them, the playoffs in 06, the Ravens game in 08, and the Giants game last year. If we get an effort like those games I could play QB for this team and we could win.

IMO, even though he's older, Collins hasn't played with a team with nowhere near as many weapons as the Colts right??

I am however, eager to hear how Peytons evaluations are, or have been going to cure my anxiety. I would like to possibly know if they are talking about 2-3 games, or the whole season (I think we all do though).

IMO, even though he's older, Collins hasn't played with a team with nowhere near as many weapons as the Colts right??

I am however, eager to hear how Peytons evaluations are, or have been going to cure my anxiety. I would like to possibly know if they are talking about 2-3 games, or the whole season (I think we all do though).

Off topic....I love your avatar. Halloween the original is still my fav horror of all time.

Sunday September 11th, 2011

Colts - 13

Houston - 37

Frankly I think we are going to be very surprised (in a good way) at what we are going to see Sunday. I think we are going to see a very fired up team that is going to be tired of hearing how they stink and have no shot with Manning. This team has a history of playing very well when the media bad mouths them, the playoffs in 06, the Ravens game in 08, and the Giants game last year. If we get an effort like those games I could play QB for this team and we could win.

This isn't 06 or 08. More has changed than has stayed the same. I'm all for being excited but y'all had best temper your expectations or there is going to be a full on mutiny. The bandwagon will accrue excellent gas mileage as the load will be lighter than it has been in 13 years.

We're going to be destroyed on Sunday. It's going to take time for this team to adjust, probably too long to do our postseason aspirations any good. Even when Manning comes back, we're still going to get our blue butts handed to us for several weeks..

Sunday September 11th, 2011

Colts - 13

Houston - 37

This isn't 06 or 08. More has changed than has stayed the same. I'm all for being excited but y'all had best temper your expectations or there is going to be a full on mutiny. The bandwagon will accrue excellent gas mileage as the load will be lighter than it has been in 13 years.

We're going to be destroyed on Sunday. It's going to take time for this team to adjust, probably too long to do our postseason aspirations any good. Even when Manning comes back, we're still going to get our blue butts handed to us for several weeks..

While I like the advice of tempering our enthusiasm a bit.........I do think there is some middle ground we can all safely land on. I would be happy with a .500 record with Collins at the helm when Manning takes over after 4 weeks, or 6 weeks........just sayin. Not quite sure we will get destroyed but I don't think Collins is going to shred anyone, even with the tools he has at his disposal UNLESS they can go out there and control the line of scrimmage (on both sides) and that, my friends, is a HUGE UNLESS!

While I like the advice of tempering our enthusiasm a bit.........I do think there is some middle ground we can all safely land on. I would be happy with a .500 record with Collins at the helm when Manning takes over after 4 weeks, or 6 weeks........just sayin. Not quite sure we will get destroyed but I don't think Collins is going to shred anyone, even with the tools he has at his disposal UNLESS they can go out there and control the line of scrimmage (on both sides) and that, my friends, is a HUGE UNLESS!

letsnot forget collins has had a excellent running game for the last few years. without manning for defenses

to worry about what will the colts running game be. it will be be horrible facing 8 man fronts. collins better

real special.

Who are the Colts without Peyton Manning? I will be glued to my TV set Sunday to find out.

Fifty-two players will get the chance to earn their horseshoes. Can the Colts run the ball, can the OL protect the QB and can the receivers work their own way open? The defense has always had something to prove, but will be the more relied upon unit for the first time in the Manning Era.

I believe Caldwell and his staff have the most to prove Sunday. New England was 10-5 without Tom Brady. Pittsburgh was 3-1 without Roethlisberger last season. Can Caldwell scheme up a plan to win without Manning or will he forever be known to Colts’ fans as the man who ruined Peyton’s perfect season.

Finally, please come back 18 as soon as possible!

Who are the Colts without Peyton Manning? I will be glued to my TV set Sunday to find out.

Fifty-two players will get the chance to earn their horseshoes. Can the Colts run the ball, can the OL protect the QB and can the receivers work their own way open? The defense has always had something to prove, but will be the more relied upon unit for the first time in the Manning Era.

I believe Caldwell and his staff have the most to prove Sunday. New England was 10-5 without Tom Brady. Pittsburgh was 3-1 without Roethlisberger last season. Can Caldwell scheme up a plan to win without Manning or will he forever be known to Colts’ fans as the man who ruined Peyton’s perfect season.

Finally, please come back 18 as soon as possible!

Caldwell scheme, did you say Caldwell scheme.lol,lol. thanks i just spit my apple all over my monitor.

Huey Long was on Mike and Mike...I probably could just stop there. Why not just drop the veil they are completely biased against the Colts?

Anyway Long said that anyone who thinks the Colts will be a OK team without Manning is delusional.

Wish Caldwell would make a collection of these comments and play them in the locker room on game day. I WANT OUR COLTS PLAYING MAD!!!!

Day 1 post 1 - 19 more to go

I'm actually looking forward to watching the Colts without Manning for the exact reason the OP said. I want to see 52 people playing with fire under their buns rallying around their new QB trouncing the other team and coming screaming into the camera, "Manning and 52 scrubs huh?!?!?!? Who's scrubbin now????"

Hidden

so racist, so mean, you couldnt get a big beer belly'd man instead

+1

WTH? I think its racist of you to term that pic as racist just because it is a black girl.

I look at that and see a little girl. You look at that pic and see a black girl. Who's racist? Take off the race goggles buddy.