Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A Football Life:Barry Sanders

IndyTrav

long time, really impressed with the way it was done,

i have a lot of respect for sanders,

the person he is, the father he had, and the adversity he had to face--- one example, when he got to 2000 yards, the first 2 games due to the new running scheme he had like 25 yards and reeled off the rest

Barry has changed much. He's still the mild mannered humble guy we all have gotten to know and love.

Such a great person, people should try to be like him.

Although this one was great, I'd still give Ray Lewis the slight edge.

I used to love him, he was awesome. Get a TD, no celebration, just hand the ball to the referee. Very humble. I would argue that he's possibly the greatest running back of all time behind Jim Brown. Emmitt Smith was great too, but I don't know if I'd take Sanders over him in a heart beat.

I used to love him, he was awesome. Get a TD, no celebration, just hand the ball to the referee. Very humble. I would argue that he's possibly the greatest running back of all time behind Jim Brown. Emmitt Smith was great too, but I don't know if I'd take Sanders over him in a heart beat.

They had a little segment on that. He'd just flip the ball to the ref and go to his teammates. One of his teammates was talking about how much they appreciated that. Pretty neat.

In the show, they kept talking about how Barry's dad felt Jim Brown was the greatest. Even at Barry's HoF induction his dad introduced Barry as the "3rd greatest RB of all time". He never did say who was 2nd....

Curtis Martin made his case on why Barry was the greatest, and he had a good point about Jim Brown simply being the biggest player in the game at that point in time. And how he wouldn't ness be able to play in the future years, where as he claimed Barry could play from the 1920s all the way till now. Which is something I'd agree with.

As for Emmit. I think he was great, but talk about having everything go your way as a RB. He was on arguably the greatest team of all time. With a great OL, QB, WR/TEs, and a good def...They also had a cool segment on Emmit breaking the record, in regards to Barry letting him "have it". He didn't deny it, but he tried his best to deflect it.

The best episode I have seen yet.

The world is a better place having people like him in it.

I'm not much into idolizing athletes. But he will go down as my favorite athlete of all time.

Oh great! I look forward to watching that. He to me was the most impressive runner. His son is at Stanford now (they redshirted him this year) and I am itching to see him play. Thanks for the heads-up.

They had a little segment on that. He'd just flip the ball to the ref and go to his teammates. One of his teammates was talking about how much they appreciated that. Pretty neat.

In the show, they kept talking about how Barry's dad felt Jim Brown was the greatest. Even at Barry's HoF induction his dad introduced Barry as the "3rd greatest RB of all time". He never did say who was 2nd....

Curtis Martin made his case on why Barry was the greatest, and he had a good point about Jim Brown simply being the biggest player in the game at that point in time. And how he wouldn't ness be able to play in the future years, where as he claimed Barry could play from the 1920s all the way till now. Which is something I'd agree with.

As for Emmit. I think he was great, but talk about having everything go your way as a RB. He was on arguably the greatest team of all time. With a great OL, QB, WR/TEs, and a good def...They also had a cool segment on Emmit breaking the record, in regards to Barry letting him "have it". He didn't deny it, but he tried his best to deflect it.

I'm going to have to try and catch that on TV next time. I remember that with Sanders' HoF induction. And totally yes, Emmit had everything going his way. The Moose to block him (greatest full back ever possibly) then all star WR's, a pro bowl QB, he was on one of the best teams ever, while Sanders was getting the ball handed off to him by Andre Ware and Rodney Peete.

Without a doubt, the most elusive RB in professional football. A very self deprecating individual too. If Sanders had not retired early, there is no way Smith would have surpassed his rushing record IMO.

Brother that one isnt just an opinion its a fact,even tho he played on a terrible team,wich makes it even more mind blowing