Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Potential Late Round Steals

Who are some late rounders or potential undrafteds that you think could become good players in the NFL? I'd like to hear what you guys think. Personally, I think that one could potentially be safety Damion Stafford from Nebraska. The guy can tackle, and is a smart player. I think with the proper coach, being Pagano, he can flourish and could become like Antoine Bethea in regards to where he was drafted. He is a projected 5-6th rounder.

1. Look up Baker Steinkuhler, DT/3-4 DE from Nebraska. 6'6", 290 lbs - has size like J.J.Watt and once Jared Crick, the starting DT went down, he has played well enough to be considered in the late rounds, IMO.
  2. Walter Stewart, DE, Cincinnati - 6'4", 248 lbs - very quick first step for a 3-4 OLB. This school produced Trent Cole and Connor Barwin, just FYI.
  3. Adrian Bushell, CB, Louisville - 5'10", 190 lbs, had off field issues, was once vying for a starting job across Janoris Jenkins at Florida. Transferred to Louisville because he had off field issues at Florida, has played at a high level in Louisville though the Big East is not that strong, worth a look

1. Look up Baker Steinkuhler, DT/3-4 DE from Nebraska. 6'6", 290 lbs - has size like J.J.Watt and once Jared Crick, the starting DT went down, he has played well enough to be considered in the late rounds, IMO.
  2. Walter Stewart, DE, Cincinnati - 6'4", 248 lbs - very quick first step for a 3-4 OLB. This school produced Trent Cole and Connor Barwin, just FYI.
  3. Adrian Bushell, CB, Louisville - 5'10", 190 lbs, had off field issues, was once vying for a starting job across Janoris Jenkins at Florida. Transferred to Louisville because he had off field issues at Florida, has played at a high level in Louisville though the Big East is not that strong, worth a look

Stewart has a spinal defect that won't allow him to play at the next level.

I'd say any good player who was injured in their senior year, or had to transfer due to some difficulty should at least be on our radar for a late round pick....

So... Lattimore the RB, Rodgers, the WR, the DE from FSU who just blew up a knee.... anyone we can get way below market value.... even if they don't play for us in 2013 like Chapman couldn't this year, that type of player interests me...

I'm a Big Picture, Long View type of fan... I'll be patient waiting for a talented player to deliver....

But, I realize most fans aren't wired that way.... so my view is likely not going to be popular....

I'd say any good player who was injured in their senior year, or had to transfer due to some difficulty should at least be on our radar for a late round pick....

So... Lattimore the RB, Rodgers, the WR, the DE from FSU who just blew up a knee.... anyone we can get way below market value.... even if they don't play for us in 2013 like Chapman couldn't this year, that type of player interests me...

I'm a Big Picture, Long View type of fan... I'll be patient waiting for a talented player to deliver....

But, I realize most fans aren't wired that way.... so my view is likely not going to be popular....

Cornellius Carradine or Brandon Jenkins cause I like both