Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Career Days against Colts

lollygagger8

Great win yesterday, no doubt about the heart of this team.

I do have a question though.....

Doesn't it seem like everytime we play a team, they always have somebody that has a career day against us? It drives me nuts!

Calvin has a career day of catches.

Shaun Greene had a career day on us.

I think Edelmann had a career days against us.

Those are a few off top of my head.

I know we're in a transition year, but the Defense needs to tighten up!

Andrew luck, career high in passing td's, most wins as a rookie, threw a career high in passing yards, 5 comeback wins in a season out of 12 games, franchise record for rookie wr of 100 yard games, did I mention Luck has the team poised as a rookie to be in the playoffs? Are the jets or the lions going or the jags? Doesn't appear like it. Stuff happens and the team could be better but after a year of 2-14 and a total clear out of the front office, coaches and 2/3 of the team to be replaced with multiple rookies, I'd say we are ahead of the curve, wouldn't you?

Yeah almost like we are team in transition to a 3/4 defense that really doesn't have the peaces for it.

Stay patient with the defense I think all the winning has made people forget this is still season one into the rebuilding process. While we have had great early returns this is not finished yet.

Brandon Marshall sticks out to me specifically. That's when Tim Jennings was covering him the entire game. Of course that was our old system when Jennings wasn't a cover corner.

That wasn't just a career day. He set an all time record for single game receptions.

Doesn't it seem like everytime we play a team, they always have somebody that has a career day against us? It drives me nuts!

Calvin has a career day of catches.

Most people thought Calvin would have 12 catches, 200 yards and two touchdowns (very nearly did, by the way, if not for the underthrow by Stafford in the end zone). No shame in giving up a career best to the best receiver in the game.

It's more concerning when pedestrian players like Shonn Greene and Julian Edelman destroy us.

Andrew luck, career high in passing td's, most wins as a rookie, threw a career high in passing yards, 5 comeback wins in a season out of 12 games, franchise record for rookie wr of 100 yard games, did I mention Luck has the team poised as a rookie to be in the playoffs? Are the jets or the lions going or the jags? Doesn't appear like it. Stuff happens and the team could be better but after a year of 2-14 and a total clear out of the front office, coaches and 2/3 of the team to be replaced with multiple rookies, I'd say we are ahead of the curve, wouldn't you?

I tried like heck to find the record for most wins by a rookie QB as I know it is not 8. That is the record for the most wins by a QB taken #1 overall. I kept googling but it would not give me a list of the most wins by a rookie QB. I do know off hand that Rothlesburger was 13-0 in his rookie year. That is probably the record.

I tried like heck to find the record for most wins by a rookie QB as I know it is not 8. That is the record for the most wins by a QB taken #1 overall. I kept googling but it would not give me a list of the most wins by a rookie QB. I do know off hand that Rothlesburger was 13-0 in his rookie year. That is probably the record.

Yeah I'm almost positive Big Ben has the record. Did he start that year? I know Tommy Maddox was there and went down. But you are correct Luck broke Sam Bradford's record of 7 for most wins by a #1 overall QB.

We do have a lot of those against our defense. I wonder how that stands against other teams. Is there a way to see what teams all the records were scored against?

Andrew had a career day as well, furthering the record for rookies on 300 yd games, being a big part of the first TD winning score after time expired in 22 years, and capturing the most wins for a rookie QB.

Yeah I'm almost positive Big Ben has the record. Did he start that year? I know Tommy Maddox was there and went down. But you are correct Luck broke Sam Bradford's record of 7 for most wins by a #1 overall QB.

Maddox started I think the first two or three games. Must be 3 if Ben was 13-0....

Yeah almost like we are team in transition to a 3/4 defense that really doesn't have the peaces for it.

Stay patient with the defense I think all the winning has made people forget this is still season one into the rebuilding process. While we have had great early returns this is not finished yet.

The Colts aren´t rebuilding, they are building a Monster that no one can get rid off. And from my point of view, the Monster has a tendency to always getting the last word :-)

The Colts aren´t rebuilding, they are building a Monster that no one can get rid off. And from my point of view, the Monster has a tendency to always getting the last word :-)

Call it whatever you want but the point is that the Colts are still in the phase where they are trying to get key peaces to what this team will become. I think people forget that and act like this team has all the players it's going to have at times.

Call it whatever you want but the point is that the Colts are still in the phase where they are trying to get key peaces to what this team will become. I think people forget that and act like this team has all the players it's going to have at times.

That's the most intriguing part. Imagine if Grigson keeps making good decisions, and if the players we have now continue developing, how good we'll be in a couple years.

I always look at the Falcons as an example of how to rebuild, reload, restructure, whatever. They went from 5-11 to 11-5, with a rookie GM, head coach and quarterback, in one season. This is the fifth year of a pretty successful regime, and they still haven't won a playoff game. I think we're already ahead of the curve, especially factoring in the Pagano situation. Hopefully we can get a playoff victory in less than five seasons.