Ndamukong Suh concussion hit upsets Colts player

coming on strong

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a wahmbulance call

Sorry but on what planet and in what context to you laugh and dance over an injured player? Nope, not in football.

First, Suh is not a role model but I also don't see him as a dirty player.

Laughing and dancing? You can see it in almost any game after a good, hard, LEGAL hit--and the officials in the NFL say they are. The kick to Schaub, yes he kicked him but not aiming for a specific area. Look at the position of his head and helmet, there is no clear line of sight and the NFL seems to agree when they fined him but waffled and didn't call it intentional. I'm not going to disagree with the professionals. There have always been a few "hard hitters' sprinkled throughout the league, Hines Ward and James Harrison come to mind, but as long as the league doesn't take action then I don't see the reason to slander intense players.

If it wasn't for Suh's history, I'd be inclined to believe that perhaps Suh and his team mates were just celebrating the interception and the vicious block on Winston...not necessarily the fact that he was injured.

I watched this game and don't recall seeing or hearing the commentators draw any attention to Suh or any of the Lions players for doing this. Surely it would seem like the commentators would have referenced Suh dancing over an injured player. But I don't recall any mention being made of it.

If Suh was indeed knowingly laughing and dancing over an injured Winston I'd expect the commentators to say something. I'd also expect a Colts player to take issue with it right then. But I don't recall either happening.

First, Suh is not a role model but I also don't see him as a dirty player.

Laughing and dancing? You can see it in almost any game after a good, hard, LEGAL hit--and the officials in the NFL say they are. The kick to Schaub, yes he kicked him but not aiming for a specific area. Look at the position of his head and helmet, there is no clear line of sight and the NFL seems to agree when they fined him but waffled and didn't call it intentional. I'm not going to disagree with the professionals. There have always been a few "hard hitters' sprinkled throughout the league, Hines Ward and James Harrison come to mind, but as long as the league doesn't take action then I don't see the reason to slander intense players.

slander? I don't see any slander. I see calling attention to what he did. And if he did it, he deserves the spotlight.

Laughing and dancing over an injured player is over the line,

Agree to disagree on this one.

Earlier this week, my buddy and I were discussing Suh's hit on Schaub, Arians' comments on Suh and the fear of a "tampering" investigation. My buddy basically alluded to Suh being nothing more than a thug. I defended him, referring to him as a "passionate" player. After reading what he did to Justice, I eat my words. This guy is a lowlife who deserves to be punished. I lost any respect I formally had for him. I'm glad our ballclub is full of upstanding and inspirational players. Scoreboard Ndamukung! You know who else is named "Suh"? My aunt!

except i didn't call him a thug...and *apples/oranges*

I wasn't specifically talking about you but I was using your quote because it applied. And what I was talking about isn't an apple to oranges thing. The same way the guy made his comment from is couch is equivalent to others talking tough calling Suh a thug, trash, whatever.

I wasn't specifically talking about you but I was using your quote because it applied. And what I was talking about isn't an apple to oranges thing. The same way the guy made his comment from is couch is equivalent to others talking tough calling Suh a thug, trash, whatever.

do i really have to point out the obvious? geez....

slander? I don't see any slander. I see calling attention to what he did. And if he did it, he deserves the spotlight.

Laughing and dancing over an injured player is over the line,

Agree to disagree on this one.

Agreed. I'm used to losing arguments with my wife.... :thmup:

Nope, I was right on point which was that your statement was completely nonsensical, because you of your assumptions of who the poster is. I take it linguistics isn't your (Matt) forte?

i take it logic isn't your forte? a two year old could figure i what i was saying.....

i take it logic isn't your forte? a two year old could figure i what i was saying.....

Assuming someone is on the couch (which alludes to a weakling) and therefore somehow can't say that when you have absolutely zero idea who they actually are or capable of doing is somehow logical? Well, snap. I what i were you saying again?

The pot/kettle metaphor doesn't work here. That's like saying if you call a spade a spade, it makes you a shovel (or other spade-like tool). The only people that don't think Suh is a thug are Lions/Cornhusker fans.

How many on here think Marvin Harrison is a thug? I'm just saying..

....says the guy from his couch

It's a forum. We are all guys/girls on the couch....

I just tire of hearing grown men complain about other grown men. "He's dirty, he's done this, or that".

Suh seems to have the school yard bully stigma. If you are tired of the school yard bully, go punch him in the mouth.

Dwight Dixon--but he's a drug dealer.....I'm just saying....lol!

LMBO...

A dead one also. Moral of the story, don't mess with "2-Gun" Harrison..lol.

*disclaimer*

This poster is not making light of death. Murder is a serious issue and those who commit it should be prosecuted.

Assuming someone is on the couch (which alludes to a weakling) and therefore somehow can't say that when you have absolutely zero idea who they actually are or capable of doing is somehow logical? Well, snap. I what i were you saying again?

dear god, it had nothing to do with a "couch"....please don't respond, because this is clearly a waste of time

Word is out today that there will be no fine as there is no video evidence of any wrong doing. Coach also chimmed in saying....

But Lions coach Jim Schwartz, on Monday, said there's nothing on the coaches' film to support McGlynn's accusations and that his players were simply excited about the interception and making blocks to support a return.

"What shows on the coaches' film is we make an interception with six minutes to go and we're up two scores and looks like it's a really great chance to be able to win that game. Guys were looking to make blocks; guys made blocks," Schwartz said. "It's off after that. There were no penalties on that play. Our guys were rightfully excited. We had a very good pass rush on that. The quarterback, like we had talked about all week, had to elevate his throw.