Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Delone Carter Second On Rb Depth Chart

chad72

http://twitter.com/#!/espn_afcsouth

#Colts list Delone Carter as second back, Donald Brown third in new unofficial depth chart. Joe Lefeged is returner. Hughes third RDE.

Thanks for the link but some things don't make sense about it.

1. Why would KT be third at RCB when he has been 2nd at LCB all preseason? Especially because Coyer and Caldwell (from Dungy and Meeks) believes a player should play a side so they get all the movements to perfection.

2. And Moten as the back-up WILL, ahead of Sims and he's he played mostly MIKE in the preseason.

3. Same as #1 with Johnson he played RCB exclusively in the preseason.

I think I will wait before the official depth chart is released before I get too excited or scratch the few remaining hairs on my head.

They also have Connor starting with Sims as third string? Doesnt really make sense, the guy looked like a starter from my viewpoint. Add that with the fact Connor wasnt all that impressive in TC or preseason. Also Mouton is 2nd string?? Confused.

They also have Connor starting with Sims as third string? Doesnt really make sense, the guy looked like a starter from my viewpoint. Add that with the fact Connor wasnt all that impressive in TC or preseason. Also Mouton is 2nd string?? Confused.

simms interview- he even stated he will be in as nickel back

Watch again, Conner was a stud during the pre-season. Angerer was the one who didn't impress me. He was getting pushed around a lot, especially the Redskins game. With that said look at how long it took to bench Gardner for Morris in 06 and Wheeler for Angerer last season. The Colts are going to stick with what they know till they are forced to make a change.

Watch again, Conner was a stud during the pre-season. Angerer was the one who didn't impress me. He was getting pushed around a lot, especially the Redskins game. With that said look at how long it took to bench Gardner for Morris in 06 and Wheeler for Angerer last season. The Colts are going to stick with what they know till they are forced to make a change.

Agreed, they definitely take their time when it comes to changes in the starting lineup. IMO Connor was not THAT impressive in the GB game or in Cincy... Granted they are preseason games but he missed atleast 3 tackles I can remember from the cincy game and over-pursued on a few against GB. Then again Sims over pursues on most plays ;)

Agreed, they definitely take their time when it comes to changes in the starting lineup. IMO Connor was not THAT impressive in the GB game or in Cincy... Granted they are preseason games but he missed atleast 3 tackles I can remember from the cincy game and over-pursued on a few against GB. Then again Sims over pursues on most plays ;)

Sims also missed a few a tackles as well. Give them time it'll shake it's self out it normally does. I don't think we signed Sims to sit on the bench all season so I am guessing we have something in mind to use him.

http://twitter.com/#!/espn_afcsouth

#Colts list Delone Carter as second back, Donald Brown third in new unofficial depth chart. Joe Lefeged is returner. Hughes third RDE.

Would be nice to see on Colts web site officially, one thing dont like about new web site, no dates are attached to rioster or depth chart etc to know as of when the current listing was made and valid

I wouldn't look much into this. However, I strongly feel Carter should be #2 and Brown should be #3 at this moment in time. If Brown does not prove himself, he might go down to #4 later on in the season. we will see.

Don't forget that for awhile now the Colts have been using a two RB rotation - Addai/Brown - with each staying in for an entire series. What if the drafting of Carter reflects a complete change in strategy, rending #2 and #3 designations meaningless?. Carter may be the best option of the three in short yardage situations. Brown may be the best option of the three on obvious passing downs. Maybe we'll see more multiple back sets. I still have faith in Brown, and think that this might be the best group of four that I can remember (and then there is Gradkowski as well).

Of course I'd rather have Edge and three scrubs, but what are you going to do.

I think I will wait before the official depth chart is released before I get too excited or scratch the few remaining hairs on my head.

Ah, hello brother. If come Sunday night I don't see something resembling the Notre Dame golden dome reflecting back in the mirror I will be pleasantly surprised. :sigh:

should i drop mcnabb n pick up carter, im desperate for running backs

i have manning, riveres, mcnabbb, stafford and bradford as my qbs

rbs- mcfaden, turner, sproles:(

You could almost drop 2 of them or try & 1 of the big names and bradford for a #1 rb but if you can't drop mcnabb & add carter. Keep stafford thou, he will have a big season!

You could almost drop 2 of them or try & 1 of the big names and bradford for a #1 rb but if you can't drop mcnabb & add carter. Keep stafford thou, he will have a big season!

Do you start two QBs? Even if you do, there is absolutely no reason to have five on your roster. If start two, I would keep Rivers, Manning, and Bradford/Stafford. If you start one, I would keep Rivers and Manning. I would drop McNabb (who I actually think will have a decent year) right away and pick up a RB, and then try to trade Bradford and/or Stafford (who is going to have a huge year if healthy) to a team that needs a QB...if you have 5 QBs, three of which (Manning, Rivers, and Stafford) are #1 caliber, a couple of teams have to be hurting at the position.

should i drop mcnabb n pick up carter, im desperate for running backs

i have manning, riveres, mcnabbb, stafford and bradford as my qbs

rbs- mcfaden, turner, sproles:(

Why you would have 5 QBs on your roster is beyond me. Do you start more than one QB? You don't need more than one if you have an elite guy like Rivers (while on his bye week you'd just start whoever is available with the best matchup), but since you're rostering Manning, it makes some sense to keep him. Drop McNabb, and try to trade just drop the other 2, IMO.

Ah, hello brother. If come Sunday night I don't see something resembling the Notre Dame golden dome reflecting back in the mirror I will be pleasantly surprised. :sigh:

:). I used to make fun of my older brother because he started going grey at 20. Now, 23 years later he colors his full head of grey hair... and I wear a hat.

Just quick advice to Madden players, use Carter, he's a beast. Like with alot of young players his overall rating is just average but when you look at his specific rating you know its going to be a fun player to use. You'll notice the colts run blocking is much improved. Last year it was difficult to get a 3 yard run at times, this year you can get some ok runs from Brown even.