Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

S Antoine Bethea (Hamstring) Sat Out Monday’S Workout

bayone

S Antoine Bethea (hamstring) sat out Monday’s workout

WR Austin Collie (foot), LB Gary Brackett (elbow) and OG Ryan Diem(elbow) all saw work during Monday’s practice. Diem is expected to start at right offensive guard after sliding inside from right offensive tackle.

All of this is good news, especially regarding Austin Collie. Collie was one of the best receivers in the game last year before he got a nasty concussion. If Kerry Collins is going to lead the offense into any kind of rhythm, he’s going to need all of his weapons.

Also from Tom James:

WR Anthony Gonzalez (hamstring) and S Antoine Bethea (hamstring) both sat out Monday’s workout.

Gonzalez and Bethea are hopeful of being available for the Texans game. “I feel pretty good, so we’ll see what happens. I’m progressing,” Gonzalez said. “We’re being smart about it and going step by step.”

Both of these guys need to play. The offense is going to be bad enough without Peyton, Gonzo needs to prove the Colts right by getting healthy and staying healthy. Antoine Bethea has been the most consistent player on the Colts’ defense since he earned the starting job in 2006. The Colts’ young, thin secondary needs Bethea in the defensive backfield to steady the pass defense.

My link

you just said in another thread that gonzo was out

New i would get this,

(( Gonzo says he will play , he said he would play in last preseason game too, but didnt

Being hopefull is their view, the other thread was someones elses statement , & that someone was quoted & not an anonymous source ))

we will see