Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dominic Rhodes Suspended For One Year

Coffeedrinker

I was checking out the Colts transactions to see if anyone else had been added to the PS. When I saw under Sept 3 that Rhodes has been suspended for one year.

Here is a confirming report from NBCSports.

I've never been a huge Rhodes fan but this is too bad. Like the NBC piece states, his career is likely over, who would sign a 34 year old running back who has been disciplined by the league 3 times?

Any young people on the forum, DON'T DO DRUGS, the short team good feelings do not outweigh the long effects.

obviously him and others disagree with you, it did not affect his performance when we need him,

its just the way, american legal system push harsh punishments on 1 type of drug over another,

Not to be obtuse, but its apparently a big enough of an issue that he can't stop doing it, despite knowing the consequences.

So in a way, yes... it is affecting his performance.

obviously him and others disagree with you, it did not affect his performance when we need him,

its just the way, american legal system push harsh punishments on 1 type of drug over another,

this isnt the first time hes been caught. this is obvisouly an addiction which means he has a problem

Guest BlueShoe

this isnt the first time hes been caught. this is obvisouly an addiction which means he has a problem

I want to pull out a quote from Bob Saget on Half Baked right now, but it would likely be against the forum rules. lol

or instead of inducing contrabands, that are "legal" such as cigarettes and alcohol, he chose and accepts his form of pleasure, are you saying, people who smoke cigs or drink on the regular are addicted as well?

personally, id rather save my liver and kill a lung, if i were do any

Guest BlueShoe

That 'rehab' scene was hilarious! You would definitely be banned, my friend.

What kills me most is that little dude in the background saying "I Seen't Him!" lol

or instead of inducing contrabands, that are "legal" such as cigarettes and alcohol, he chose and accepts his form of pleasure, are you saying, people who smoke cigs or drink on the regular are addicted as well?

personally, id rather save my liver and kill a lung, if i were do any

Personally, if I knew a toke was the difference between doing the job I love the most, and permanent unemployment... yeah, I would probably stay away from it like the plague.

The fact that he can't do that kinda' tells you he has a problem.

Personally, if I knew a toke was the difference between doing the job I love the most, and permanent unemployment... yeah, I would probably stay away from it like the plague.

The fact that he can't do that kinda' tells you he has a problem.

that is a given, but, its not like he intended to be back in the nfl, maybe the ufl, but im not sure if the rules and violations carry over,

im just saying,

liquor and beer is still harmful and should be viewed in the same light as marijuana, but its not,

which i cannot completely understand

Well, one it did effect his performance. With the Raiders he was suspended 4 games so there was 4 games with no performance. It also affected his pay, do you think a team would pay more for a guy who had one violation, then 2?

Lastly, we don't know if it had an affect on his performance, how many more yards could have have ran. Perhaps he would not have been available last year if he didn't have it hanging over his head.

I'm not saying Rhodes is a bad guy because he may take a toke. I'm just saying drugs are stupid, especially when they can change or end a career.

Many here seem to conclude that Dom must have been caught using an illegal street drug like marijuana. But if memory serves, this punishment can be doled out simply for using substances banned by the league (e.g. PEDs) or for abuse of legal substances that results in misconduct. I'm not sure what Dom's first offense was for. But, again, if memory serves, Dom's 4-game suspension with the Raiders came as a result of the DUI with which he was charged soon after the Super Bowl victory. So, all we know is that this was his third offense. We have no idea to what the offense relates.

Many here seem to conclude that Dom must have been caught using an illegal street drug like marijuana. But if memory serves, this punishment can be doled out simply for using substances banned by the league (e.g. PEDs) or for abuse of legal substances that results in misconduct. I'm not sure what Dom's first offense was for. But, again, if memory serves, Dom's 4-game suspension with the Raiders came as a result of the DUI with which he was charged soon after the Super Bowl victory. So, all we know is that this was his third offense. We have no idea to what the offense relates.

+1

OBEY... OR ELSE!

I really don't understand the double standard between alcohol and marijuana.

Alcohol prohibition ended because organized crime became rich because of it, Mexican drug cartels are seemingly more powerful than the Mexican government yet we still refuse to rob those cartels of its biggest cash crop.

Drugs are bad mmmkay but people will do what they want, why not regulate it, tax it, become rich from it and rob the cartels of their cash crop?

OBEY... OR ELSE!

I really don't understand the double standard between alcohol and marijuana.

Alcohol prohibition ended because organized crime became rich because of it, Mexican drug cartels are seemingly more powerful than the Mexican government yet we still refuse to rob those cartels of its biggest cash crop.

Drugs are bad mmmkay but people will do what they want, why not regulate it, tax it, become rich from it and rob the cartels of their cash crop?

Because our land of the free isn't really free anymore is it? The goverment has way too much control imo in what I can and cannot do. "Public Safety" has become so overpowering in so many ways it has passed the ridiculous stage.

I don't want to wear a seat-belt, why was that choice taken away from me in regards to how I want to protect myself?

There are way too many restrictions imposed upon me which go against my right to live my life as I see fit "for my own good".

Yes, Dom was caught for a DUI on 465. I remember it very well. He was one of my favorite Colts players. I was really happy for him when he said he had changed his life around and feeling better than ever.

I'm really sorry to hear he is having problems again whatever they are.

I'll always wish him the best just because I loved watching him play.

Lets not forget that Dom was a great player for us. Sanders, Morris, and he changed this team during our Superbowl run. They were the major reasons that we have a Superbowl banner hanging from the rafters of the oil can.

While this news and other off the field tings are unfortunate, let us not forget the player that played his heart out for us. Thank you Dom. Thank you for the years you spent here playing for this team. I and many others really appreciate everything you did for us. You WILL NOT be forgotten. Again, thank you Dom...you are a Colt for life in my mind.

He had a better career than most RB's and frankly, his career was all but over anyhow. I'm sure this worked into his decision to use whatever substance he got popped on. If the substance was pot, that sucks. A harmless weed that makes people giggle, oh the horror.

Sadly, it is also the only narcotic too lazy to leave the body in a timely manner. Marijuana is the worst drug to use if you are subjected to any kind of random drug testing. Don't feel bad for Dom. He had a great NFL career and likely will have a successful future.

Thanks Dom.....fire it up bro, now that you don't have to worry about the drug nazi's collecting your waste fluids in order to inspect it for signs that you do naughty things in the privacy of your own home. Drug laws are legislated morality and the NFL's interest in reinforcing this perverted notion is absolutely boggling.