Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Soon To Be Extinct According To This Guy...

Coltsman1788

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2011/9/6/2398489/peyton-manning-injury-indianapolis-colts

Funny how some in the media want to refer to Indy as a dynasty now when it conveniently allows them to put us down better. lol

Some are overblowing this situation completely. Even if Manning is out for the year, we still have him under contract for four more years. They just can't wait to bury this team.

"With Peyton Manning injured, the Indianapolis Colts may be forced to confront life without their superstar for the first time since 1998. But as the Colts dynasty faces extinction, they offer fans a lesson on the NFL's evolution. "

Reminds me of the movie The Ringer: "When the _____ did we get ice cream! lol

Guest BlueShoe

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2011/9/6/2398489/peyton-manning-injury-indianapolis-colts

Funny how some in the media want to refer to Indy as a dynasty now when it conveniently allows them to put us down better. lol

Some are overblowing this situation completely. Even if Manning is out for the year, we still have him under contract for four more years. They just can't wait to bury this team.

It's lonely on the top and we have been there for a while.

"A lesson in the evolution of the NFL" what is that supposed to mean?

That writer is friggin clueless. So if we wind up missing the playoffs because of playing most of the season without 18 then that means our "dynastic" run is over and we are somehow relegated to being a fossil in the NFL museum of extinction. Okay...whatever. lol

Well, he is not saying anything different than what a lot of people on this forum are saying.

I think some are concerned about this season now and for good reason, but I haven't seen that many fans go as far as to say our run is over altogether. Our window may be closing but it's not slammed shut yet!

Anyway hopefully, the Colts team will rise to the occassion and show us all what they are made of.

That writer is friggin clueless. So if we wind up missing the playoffs because of playing most of the season without 18 then that means our "dynastic" run is over and we are somehow relegated to being a fossil in the NFL museum of extinction. Okay...whatever. lol

What happened the last time New England played a season without Brady? They missed the playoffs!

So what is different with us if we lose Manning for an extended period and don't make the playoffs? Nothing!

The article is poorly written and contradictory... but it is on the very same lines as everything else reported or written about. I'm actually starting to like all this negativity and hating, can't remember a better "us against the world scenario!"

The season hasn't even started and he pretty much has us written off for the next 5 years.

I love how they speulate that this team is nothing with out Peyton. I mean really this discussion is old. He gets his points from NFL.com analysts apparently. The media is looking for nothing more than a story that will be read. I'm sick of non-believers. I am a fan win or lose but I think we are all used to winning. As long as our front office doesnt keep us in the dark about hat really goes on in the process. Atleast we are not going to go with a rookie QB. I say saddle up Collings and show the Texans that we are not dead in the water. Seeing how they are the team to beat according to the analysts on NFL Network. I hope we stomp the poop out of them.