Houston writer rips Indy fans and Luck

cjwhiskers

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.streetgangs.com/news/101010_houston_largest_gangs

houston-violent-crime-per-capita.png

The city violent crime rate for Houston in 2010 was higher than the national crime rate average by 144.29%

Ahahahah!!!!!!!! That's great. Pick your poison, hmmm would I like to be murdered by the Crips, Bloods, MS-13 or even some small street gang??? Such a diverse array of gangs Houston must have.

I've never seen a street gang in my life and don't know anyone affected by one. Houston is a great place for families to settle down in. Have we really resorted to insulting a great city merely because a writer doesn't like Luck? Honestly.

Oh so you have been to Houston.

Houston's crime index is 3 making it safer than 3% of the cities in the US. It also is well above the median in terms of property crime rate compared to the rest of Texas. Crimes per square mile in Houston are 137 while the rest of Texas is at 16 with a national median of 39.3.

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/tx/houston/crime/

I'm sure parts are lovely however AND......

they do have the Rockets!!!!!!

Houston's crime index is 3 making it safer than 3% of the cities in the US. It also is well above the median in terms of property crime rate compared to the rest of Texas. Crimes per square mile in Houston are 137 while the rest of Texas is at 16 with a national median of 39.3.

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/tx/houston/crime/

I'm sure parts are lovely however AND......

they do have the Rockets!!!!!!

Well we are the 4th largest city in the nation I'm sure that contributes to it lol. More people more crime. And yes.....how about those Rockets haha

Pro tip: He's doing something called click-baiting...or the journalistic form of trolling, therefore you should immediately discount any seriousness. Every time someone clicks on it, foams at the mouth, and comments the website and more than likely the author are profiting due to ad traffic.

I went to the past two away games that the Colts played against the Texans in 2010 and 2011. Their fans are horrible. They screamed, cursed, and threw stuff at us. Not a very welcoming place. They acted like they had won the super bowl. But it was sweet revenge when they came to Indianapolis and we kicked there butts there. We might not beat them this year in Houston, but I hope we keep the streak alive that they have never beat us in Indy.

I've never seen a street gang in my life and don't know anyone affected by one. Houston is a great place for families to settle down in. Have we really resorted to insulting a great city merely because a writer doesn't like Luck? Honestly.

Criminal Justice major in East Texas here, since street gangs have come up in the discussion, ever been to 5th ward?

Criminal Justice major in East Texas here, since street gangs have come up in the discussion, ever been to 5th ward?

Nope, I've been to 3rd ward though. Not somewhere I would like to live, but it's one very small, almost insignificant part of the city.

Just another Houston fan mad, we managed to have 2 Franchise Qbs while they've been around and theyre still looking for one. Schaub aint it.

Schaub is the franchise quarterback in Houston, just because he doesn't get a lot of media attention doesn't mean he is like Alex Smith or Flacco or anything.

I'm assuming you're referring to Unitas and Manning. Schaub is the franchise quarterback in Houston, just because he doesn't get a lot of media attention doesn't mean he is like Alex Smith or Flacco or anything.

Just because he isn't a franchise QB, doesn't mean he is bad.

Just because he isn't a franchise QB, doesn't mean he is bad.

What you would you describe as a franchise quarterback? The only teams I can think of that don't have one are the Chiefs, possibly the 49ers, Jaguars, Raiders, and maybe the Cowboys.

What you would you describe as a franchise quarterback? The only teams I can think of that don't have one are the Chiefs, possibly the 49ers, Jaguars, Raiders, and maybe the Cowboys.

Buccaneers, Eagles, Cardinals. I'm not going to get into all the teams that don't have one.

When I think of Franchise Qbs, I think of guys like Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees.

When I think of Franchise QB, I look for the following, Consistency, Leadership, high football IQ. Obviously talent is a factor too.

Buccaneers, Eagles, Cardinals. I'm not going to get into all the teams that don't have one.

When I think of Franchise Qbs, I think of guys like Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees.

When I think of Franchise QB, I look for the following, Consistency, Leadership, high football IQ. Obviously talent is a factor too.

I think Freeman is pretty good and Foles may be the answer, but it's hard to tell with such a horrible offensive line. The Cardinals are just stranded on a remote island when it comes to quarterbacks. As for your list of Franchise QBs, I would venture to suggest that they are all elite as well. You have high standards lol. If we're going by your qualities, what better way to lead than playing with injury? To continue to return from injuries and take hits in order to complete passes? (Dear Blaine will never have this quality.) Schaub is consistent enough to have his team at 11-1 with a playoff berth while making sure that we didn't turn into the Texans of Nightmares Past when we got into those games with the Jets, Jaguars, and Lions. Schaub has a good head on his shoulders too, though I know Kubiak should get more credit as well. Brady, Manning, Rodgers, and Brees are all great and obviously Franchise QBs, but if they are the only example of having a Franchise, then there are 28 other teams out there who need to go and draft a quarterback of the future.

I don't like Freeman, the guy is way too inconsistent and his accuracy is still pretty bad for being like a 4 year pro. Franchise QBs are Elite QBs. I agree Flacco and Alex Smith don't even come near to elite class.

Just because you don't have a franchise QB doesn't mean you can't win games and win in the playoffs. A lot of teams have good Qbs, but I don't think all of them can single single handedly lead their team to victory without help. If you look at guys like Rodgers he can lead his team and stay consistent with no run game at all 90% of the time.

I don't like Freeman, the guy is way too inconsistent and his accuracy is still pretty bad for being like a 4 year pro. Franchise QBs are Elite QBs. I agree Flacco and Alex Smith don't even come near to elite class.

Just because you don't have a franchise QB doesn't mean you can't win games and win in the playoffs. A lot of teams have good Qbs, but I don't think all of them can single single handedly lead their team to victory without help. If you look at guys like Rodgers he can lead his team and stay consistent with no run game at all 90% of the time.

A Franchise QB makes his team better, while elite quarterbacks can, as you say, basically carry the team pretty far all on their own. Defense also comes into play when we talk about the playoffs, I agree with you there. Because as we all know, Sanchez came pretty close to the SB a couple of times and he rode that defense the whole time. I don't think being the Franchise QB means you have to be elite...I just think it means you give your team a pretty darn good chance of winning and you are the guy the GM can build around. But that's just my opinion on the matter.

I would love for Larry Fitzgerald to get a QB. When Warner was throwing to him, I thought he was the best WR in the league. Now Calvin Johnson gets that title (hard to argue), but man....I love me some Fitz.

eh...slightly off topic but yeah

Yeah, a lot of people wanted Manning to go there and hook up with him for a record-breaking season. I'm sure Fitz wouldn't have minded either lol. He is very good and deserves better...he's probably going to be leaving Arizona soon, he's not going to get a SB at all there.

Yeah, a lot of people wanted Manning to go there and hook up with him for a record-breaking season. I'm sure Fitz wouldn't have minded either lol. He is very good and deserves better...he's probably going to be leaving Arizona soon, he's not going to get a SB at all there.

Count me among those wanting Manning in Arizona (once it became clear he was leaving Indy). But yeah as much as I like seeing great players play their whole career in one city, Fitz does need to get out. I don't see them improving fast enough for him to reasonably expect to win. Stick him in New England and see if he can break Moss' TD record :)

Count me among those wanting Manning in Arizona (once it became clear he was leaving Indy). But yeah as much as I like seeing great players play their whole career in one city, Fitz does need to get out. I don't see them improving fast enough for him to reasonably expect to win. Stick him in New England and see if he can break Moss' TD record :)

I too am all for great players sticking with one team for an entire, illustrious career. But Fitzgerald? Brady? New England? That would be so unfair to virtually every defense in the NFL lmao. Brady would probably win the Super Bowl every year for his last five years in the NFL hahaha.

I too am all for great players sticking with one team for an entire, illustrious career. But Fitzgerald? Brady? New England? That would be so unfair to virtually every defense in the NFL lmao. Brady would probably win the Super Bowl every year for his last five years in the NFL hahaha.

hahah....let's put Brady and Fitz in Cleveland then :) I just want Fitz to go down as one of the greatest and not be some forgotten talent after he hangs them up.

....I admit to a bit of a man-crush here :)

....ok...off to bed now. Later man.

I guess we're supposed to wallow in Peyton sorrow forever.

If this guy had a name anyone knew, I guess the rivalry would be on.

Now I'm a little more enthusiastic about weeks 15 & 17.

I thought that was hilarious as well, personally I am pretty happy fellow Colts fans have embraced Andrew Luck and we didn't end up like Packers fans for the first few years after Favre's departure. Peyton will always have a place in Colt's fans hearts and memories, but first they need to support the current team.

Another hilariously ridiculous "point" in this article was complaining that Hooiser players didn't have merchandise and it was just the team's name. Last time I checked you can't legally sell player's merchandise for college.

Although I did get robbed at gunpoint in front of my apartment last year, overall I think Houston is an okay place to live. I'm not to the point where I would tell anyone not to move here because of crime. It's not that bad.

Sorry to hear that you robbed at gunpoint last year my friend, but I applaud you Krunk for not being prejudiced about a specific rumor about crime in Houston. I'm sure that citizens at Houston are fine people overall. Every geographical location in the U.S. has troubled citizens and honorable citizens IMO. Zip code has nothing to do with it personally.