Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My 1st Mock Draft

Trade 1st Rounder to 2nd Round and pick up a 5th rounder

Trade 2014 pick(s) for 2nd rounder

2) Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky

2) Chase Thomas, OLB, Stanford

3) Shayne Skov, ILB/OLB, Stanford OR Quanterus Smith, OLB, Western Kentucky OR Bacari Rambo, Safety, Georgia

4) Devin Taylor, DE, South Carolina

5) Quinton Patton, WR, Lousiana Tech

5: compensation for Garcon) Baker Steinkuhler, DE, Nebraska

6) Trent Murphy, OLB, Stanford

7) Dustin Hopkins, Kicker, Floride State OR Brandon McGee, CB, Miami

Yeah, I have a lot of Stanford players but in my defense, Stanford has one of the best if not the best D-Front in College Football.

Trade 1st Rounder to 2nd Round and pick up a 5th rounder

Trade 2014 pick(s) for 2nd rounder

2) Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky

2) Chase Thomas, OLB, Stanford

3) Shayne Skov, ILB/OLB, Stanford OR Quanterus Smith, OLB, Western Kentucky OR Bacari Rambo, Safety, Georgia

4) Devin Taylor, DE, South Carolina

5) Quinton Patton, WR, Lousiana Tech

5: compensation for Garcon) Baker Steinkuhler, DE, Nebraska

6) Trent Murphy, OLB, Stanford

7) Dustin Hopkins, Kicker, Floride State OR Brandon McGee, CB, Miami

Yeah, I have a lot of Stanford players but in my defense, Stanford has one of the best if not the best D-Front in College Football.

Well.... the good news is.... if we trade out of the 1st round to the 2nd round, we will get much more than just a 5th rounder. Much more. That's the good news.

The not as good news is the Stanford issue.... I'm a 40-year Stanford fan. After this post, I'm driving up to sit in bad rain to watch my boys win the Pac-12 title! But if Murphy comes out -- he might -- he'll be long gone by the 6th round. He'll likely be gone by the 3rd or 4th round. He's a very unique guy.

Also, Skov is coming off a very, very bad knee injury. Where he goes will be determined completely by medical reports. He's played pretty well this year, but he's still not back to his 2010 form when he was very, very good, a border-line 1st round pick. Also, he's a pure ILB... you won't see him outside. One of his best qualities is his instincts. They're great.

Finally, Thomas is an interesting guy.... a great motor, but not a great athlete. Do you want an NFL OLB who is not a great athlete? Or at least a very, very good athlete? I'm not so sure. I love him at Stanford. But I'm not sure his game translates as well to the NFL. I think he likely goes in the 3rd, but that's speculation now.

Course, I could be completely full of it. I'm sure there are some people here convinced of that! I'm just offering the Stanford perspective. Believe me, I'd be beyond thrilled if my Stanford boys could land in Indy and do great things for the Colts! Make my rooting interest even more fun!!

Fun getting some Stanford love here! Hope we live up to the hype today! 7 years ago, Stanford was one of the worst teams in college football. We were 1-11. A win tonight and we'll be going to our 3rd straight BCS bowl game! Believe me, there is no one at Stanford who saw this coming. We could be Rose Bowl bound in 12 hours! Wow!

Stanford fan much? lol. Larry Warford is a fast type guard who is projected more of a zone blocking scheme guy rather than our one on one type man up scheme. No way Patton falls to the 5th, I don't see him making far into the third at worst. He could go early 2nd and be the AJ Jenkins (Illinois) of this draft

1.Chance Warmack

Trade future 2nd round pick for 2013 2nd round pick

2.Brandon Jenkins

3.Ricky Wagner

4.Bacarri Rambo

5.Compensation Aaron Dobson or Jordan Matthews or Marcus Davis or Emory Blake or Marquess Wilson or Dan Buckner or Alec Lemon, different position- Chris Borland-ILB Andrew Jackson-ILB or Kwame Geathers-NT