Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It's Almost Exciting...

Holden89

First off, I want to say that OBVIOUSLY I would much rather see Peyton out there healthy, and I feel very bummed out that he's hurt, and in all likely-hood can't go for awhile. However...our team has a chance to answer the bell. All those questions will be answered this year. "Reggie Wayne is a product of Peyton Manning." "The offensive line is only good because Peyton gets the ball out quick." "Caldwell only looks decent because of Manning." "Our defense can only be good when they have confidence that Manning can score a lot of points." There are dozens more. I'm pretty interested to see how our offensive play-calling is. Christensen has his first real test.

It's time to see how good our Colts really are. Can't hide behind big brother for awhile. At any rate...get better soon Peyton. We DO need you!!!!!

I suppose my question is...as a fan of this team. Is anyone else a little excited to see how the Manningless Colts respond? I think it'd be hilarious if we could somehow demolish the Texans......I'd lawl.

One more thing. Go Colts!

I agree heavily. Very interested to see how the Colts fair without Manning. If they play absolutely horrible and lose all their games without Manning, then start winning when he comes back there will be many questions that need answered, (IE coaches, schemes, players & the works). Problem is the schedule is so dayum tough.

I agree 100%. I think it will be nice to see what we actually have without Manning; to see if Caldwell can actually coach. We all know Manning runs this team. Without him we are not the same, but we are capable of winning some games. Let's see who steps up and see how this team comes together. Like the rest of us, I want Peyton out there just as bad. This will make us better and stronger when it's all said and done.

Bleeding Blue Always :blueshoe:

Not so much.

I agree that there is a little apprehension to see how these guys play w/o #18 but let's be logical....this ENTIRE team was built around #18....even the defense. I don't understand how people miss this aspect of the team. We are the only team (well now the Eagles are too) built around a singular player. The Pats are not built around Brady. They pick guys who they think are the best talent no matter the position. We pick guys that compliment Manning or compliment our Manning defense of bend don't break and no big plays.

Our entire philosophy is Manning get us a 10+ point lead and then don't give up any big plays and the game will end before you can catch up to our score. It works. It's worked for 13 years. But when you lose the guy it's built around I doubt a Kerry Collins or Curtis Painter will keep us above water.

We'll see though....that's why they play the game.

First off, I want to say that OBVIOUSLY I would much rather see Peyton out there healthy, and I feel very bummed out that he's hurt, and in all likely-hood can't go for awhile. However...our team has a chance to answer the bell. All those questions will be answered this year. "Reggie Wayne is a product of Peyton Manning." "The offensive line is only good because Peyton gets the ball out quick." "Caldwell only looks decent because of Manning." "Our defense can only be good when they have confidence that Manning can score a lot of points." There are dozens more. I'm pretty interested to see how our offensive play-calling is. Christensen has his first real test.

It's time to see how good our Colts really are. Can't hide behind big brother for awhile. At any rate...get better soon Peyton. We DO need you!!!!!

I suppose my question is...as a fan of this team. Is anyone else a little excited to see how the Manningless Colts respond? I think it'd be hilarious if we could somehow demolish the Texans......I'd lawl.

One more thing. Go Colts!

Heck no!!! Getting waxed on the road in the first game of the year, without a healthy Manning. Not my idea of exciting. What were you thinking??? :trout:

Heck no!!! Getting waxed on the road in the first game of the year, without a healthy Manning. Not my idea of exciting. What were you thinking??? :trout:

Oh no... you got trouted!

In all seriousness, I'm ready for the season. It all comes down to the heart of the team. I've got Peyton at 4-6 games gone; if Kerry can weather the storm at 3-3, 4-2, we have as good of a shot as any year. (Just REALLY need one of those to be this Sunday).

After hearing Dungy this morning though, you'd think we wrapped up and took the shop home. Without Peyton, we don't make the playoffs (was not really any hope left there by Dungy), but if he misses just a few games, then we rally.

I don't care if Peyton is mortally wounded... that man wouldn't not take the field to forfeit a season. If Kerry keeps winning, Peyton keeps healing. If we tank early, then Peyton will try to play Hero. Just my viewpoint.

yo in a weird way im excited to see what this team is made of not have peyton will dont kill me but make us better for when he gets back we will have to rely on the run more thus why we signed a full back and our defence will have to play to make up for our less scoring this will get o line good reps with each other and get them good at run blocking and defence will have to step up but all being said our some of yall worried that with out peyton we have no chance to win or his starting streak?

we will see what caldwell is made of an maybe heck get a little respect if he wins a couple with out peyton

While it's not the way we want to enter the season, I'm still eagerly awaiting Sunday. As long as the team is competitive and can show improvement in previously weak areas, I'll be OK.

The worst part is probably going to be the whole "week to week" speculation about the availability of #18. The way the organization has strung everyone along in the past should be taken into account. Until he practices and plays, it's going to be a drag.

If the OL has trouble protecting the QB and we can't move the ball it'll stink, but perhaps be a blessing in that Peyton might not be under fire until they've had a chance to get it together.

Other than an extended absence for Manning, I just fear more #&%#&%)@& injuries like the ones we seem to always incur. At the same time it would kind of bite to stay injury-free, yet still have our franchise out of action. Regardless, let's play some football!

I am really excited just to see how the colts and also the Texans will handle a "Manning-less" Colts team. Im a harcore :coltslogo: fan and I think the cols will chalk up a "W" week 1. I see the run game stepping up and getting some hard earned yards and I think the D will kick into high gear. I think Manning will miss at most 3 weeks, but I also think he could be back week 3.

SO BRING ON WEEK 1: :1colts: VS :texans:

Food for thought---- What if Peyton sits out the whole season to fully recover and since we won't win more than 3 games we get to draft Andrew Luck with the first pick. That way he gets to learn from the best in history and we have a good transition. Kind of like Aaron Rodgers did with Brett. Just saying!!

I too am anxious to see how our team fairs without Manning. It only means that the microscope on the other players like Garcon and Collie and some of the defensive players will be amplified. This will only make our team better because now EVERYONE has to step up.

Also, lets say Peyton comes back week 5-6. At that point we are 4-2/5-1/3-3 , that still leaves plenty of time for us to salvage the season and get on a late run with a fully healthy and fresh Peyton Manning :)

I'm hoping we win so it shuts people up who say we can't win without peyton. I can't wait.

I love this team, and have since before Peyton, so don't think I'm just some #18 fanboy. But, however many games Peyton misses will more than likely be the number of games we lose while he's gone. I'm hoping to be surprised once or twice.

I actually won't mind seeing the team suck hard without Manning. Maybe it would serve as a wake-up call to the front office that this team needs a lot of work. It might also quiet some of the critics of Manning when they realize that the rest of his team sucks SO bad.

GO COLTS!

I love this team, and have since before Peyton, so don't think I'm just some #18 fanboy. But, however many games Peyton misses will more than likely be the number of games we lose while he's gone. I'm hoping to be surprised once or twice.

I actually won't mind seeing the team suck hard without Manning. Maybe it would serve as a wake-up call to the front office that this team needs a lot of work. It might also quiet some of the critics of Manning when they realize that the rest of his team sucks SO bad.

GO COLTS!

Im really, really surprised how many of you think this team sucks without Peyton. It simply doesnt make any sense. 31 other teams find a way to win ballgames every week without Peyton Manning, and many of them dont have half the talent that this Colts team does. Every single year fans here say that this Colts team will be the best we've ever seen...all of a sudden without their star quarterback, none of the other guys are capable of winning? Some of you have been so spoiled by watching this team with him, that they have lost their grasp on reality. Like honestly...what do you all think other teams do without him? Newsflash: only one team has one the Superbowl with Peyton Manning as their quarterback since he came into the league thirteen years ago. Teams utilize the pieces they do have and they adapt to take advantage of what they can do with what personnel, and THATS the part that should be exciting. This team is good enough to win regardless, and it might just be interesting watching them do it in different ways.

Im really, really surprised how many of you think this team sucks without Peyton. It simply doesnt make any sense. 31 other teams find a way to win ballgames every week without Peyton Manning, and many of them dont have half the talent that this Colts team does. Every single year fans here say that this Colts team will be the best we've ever seen...all of a sudden without their star quarterback, none of the other guys are capable of winning? Some of you have been so spoiled by watching this team with him, that they have lost their grasp on reality. Like honestly...what do you all think other teams do without him? Newsflash: only one team has one the Superbowl with Peyton Manning as their quarterback since he came into the league thirteen years ago. Teams utilize the pieces they do have and they adapt to take advantage of what they can do with what personnel, and THATS the part that should be exciting. This team is good enough to win regardless, and it might just be interesting watching them do it in different ways.

Thank you for that.

I find it amazing that some fans think they are just going to fall apart without manning. <facepalm>