Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I Guess I Was Right About Jacques Mcclendon

Andy

As some of you may know, I don't like Jacques McClendon. Everybody on the old forum, and this forum thought he would be the next starter, and a good one at that. I seemed like a fish out of water when I said that he had no future with the Colts and was not going to play this year. Now, he's gone and I just wanted to see what the Jacques McClendon fans think now? BTW, McClendon's stats with the Colts are: 0 pancakes, 0 plays played, 0 anything.

As some of you may know, I don't like Jacques McClendon. Everybody on the old forum, and this forum thought he would be the next starter, and a good one at that. I seemed like a fish out of water when I said that he had no future with the Colts and was not going to play this year. Now, he's gone and I just wanted to see what the Jacques McClendon fans think now? BTW, McClendon's stats with the Colts are: 0 pancakes, 0 plays played, 0 anything.

Can't say I had a strong opinion on the man since I never saw him play a meaningful down. I'm just disappointed when that high a draft pick fails to pan out, and a bit confused about how a plan to get bigger at guard (Jamie Thomas came along at the same time) abruptly ends with Thomas and McClendon released, with two former tackles moved into the starting roles.

I wasn't here to witness your previous comments. Why were you convinced that he wouldn't make it?

Are you patting yourself on the back for guessing that one guy who was a project player, at best, didnt end up making it? He was a guy with a high ceiling and little developed potential when we picked him up. I doubt people have many thoughts on him, he was a busted late round pick. conversation over

Can't say I had a strong opinion on the man since I never saw him play a meaningful down. I'm just disappointed when that high a draft pick fails to pan out, and a bit confused about how a plan to get bigger at guard (Jamie Thomas came along at the same time) abruptly ends with Thomas and McClendon released, with two former tackles moved into the starting roles.

I wasn't here to witness your previous comments. Why were you convinced that he wouldn't make it?

I never been fond of offensive lineman from Tennessee, I don't know why, it's weird, and it's the same deal with Nebraska, and UCF, and even Georgia. Then in his rookie season, he was injured from the start of training camp, that's not a good start. Then he became a 3rd stringer. That's not when the hating started. I wasnt happy with him, but I didn't completely hate him. Then this past offseason came around, it started in March on the old forum. A couple people started saying that he would become the starter. I then said you guys are crazy, he was an injured 3rd stringer who didn't play at all, and is only an athlete. Then suddenly I had an army of people against that opinion, but I kept backing it up. So I laid off the talks, and said that we'll see what happens. That happening has happened, and he is not on the team anymore, so it's a little uncharacteristic, and immature of me to call people out, but I really felt the need to show these people that even though they don't agree with my opinions some of the time, and look down at me as a member of this community, I am a knowledgaeble member whose somewhat wacky opinions end up happening. That is all :):thmup:

I never been fond of offensive lineman from Tennessee, I don't know why, it's weird, and it's the same deal with Nebraska, and UCF, and even Georgia. Then in his rookie season, he was injured from the start of training camp, that's not a good start. Then he became a 3rd stringer. That's not when the hating started. I wasnt happy with him, but I didn't completely hate him. Then this past offseason came around, it started in March on the old forum. A couple people started saying that he would become the starter. I then said you guys are crazy, he was an injured 3rd stringer who didn't play at all, and is only an athlete. Then suddenly I had an army of people against that opinion, but I kept backing it up. So I laid off the talks, and said that we'll see what happens. That happening has happened, and he is not on the team anymore, so it's a little uncharacteristic, and immature of me to call people out, but I really felt the need to show these people that even though they don't agree with my opinions some of the time, and look down at me as a member of this community, I am a knowledgaeble member whose somewhat wacky opinions end up happening. That is all :):thmup:

Good call - I didn't see it coming. Ironically I have a feeling that Peyton IS fond of offensive lineman from Tennessee.:D

I'm sure we all say things on here that seem wacky, and I'd hate to think that anyone looks down on you as a member of the community. I have no idea what I'm talking about half the time, but that's never stopped me from expressing an opinion. I've found myself defending Painter, Brown and Hughes a lot recently, but I suspect that I'd lack the courage to start an "I was right" thread if they end up doing well. You should probably prepare to duck. :hide:

Dear God. You have literally thrown a thousand things against the wall and you found one that stuck and you start a thread complementing yourself one it? There is a blind squirrel and an acorn saying that comes to mind right now. Would you even things up and start a thread where you trash yourself for making a ridiculous claim that did come true. Let me help you - it can be one of your first roster predictions in which you had 3 guys making the roster who were not even in the Colts camp. That one deserves some self-ridicule.

What's more, I bet if went back and looked over your roster predictions, there will be many with McClendon making the team.

I liked McClendon and thought he did well in the preseason, stinks to see him go.

I do have a question for you Andy, since you like to congratulate yourself so much.

You also said Joe Reitz stunk and is not starter material, were you right about him?

You said Devan would definitely be on the roster, were you right about him?

You stated the Colts would not carry three QBs, were you correct about that?

You stated this was the year that Foster (and oh yeah, Hagler but we won't talk about that) would be cut from the roster, were you correct about that?

Dear God. You have literally thrown a thousand things against the wall and you found one that stuck and you start a thread complementing yourself one it? There is a blind squirrel and an acorn saying that comes to mind right now. Would you even things up and start a thread where you trash yourself for making a ridiculous claim that did come true. Let me help you - it can be one of your first roster predictions in which you had 3 guys making the roster who were not even in the Colts camp. That one deserves some self-ridicule.

What's more, I bet if went back and looked over your roster predictions, there will be many with McClendon making the team.

Well, what do you know.

He had the physical tools and was touted as being a really smart football player. In addition, the coaching staff and Management insured the fans that he was progressing and should have a spot on the starting line this season. The Colts also have a history of holding on to drafted O-line (Ugoh, Pollak, Richard, Thomas)even when they get beat out by undrafted guys. So yeah, I thought he was going to be on the roster at least as a backup to Reitz.

Oh yeah, how could I forget Toudouze.

I liked McClendon and thought he did well in the preseason, stinks to see him go.

I do have a question for you Andy, since you like to congratulate yourself so much.

You also said Joe Reitz stunk and is not starter material, were you right about him?

You said Devan would definitely be on the roster, were you right about him?

You stated the Colts would not carry three QBs, were you correct about that?

You stated this was the year that Foster (and oh yeah, Hagler but we won't talk about that) would be cut from the roster, were you correct about that?

Alright, I don't congratulate myself that much, this is the only time, and I made this thread because everyone thought that opinion was stupid, and I guess I was right. Now let's answer these questions:

1. I guess Reitz is starting material for now, but we have no other players that can play LG. We got rid of McClendon and Devan who were his only competition. We'll wait and see on that one.

2. Please, your telling me you didn't think he'd be on the roster, at least as a backup. Everyone thought he'd make it, especially with no depth at LG.

3. I said that about a month and half ago, when PM injury wasn't "headlined" if you know what I mean. No one thought it would come to this 2 months ago, at least not you. If Manning weren't injured, we would have 2.

4. I said that they would be cut, or released because I have not seen them anywhere. I have not seen Hagler and I'm assuming we didn't pick up his contract. Foster, who knows with him, I don't know where he is, he has a contract too. But "cut" I meant that they wouldn't be on the team, only because I have not seen them at all.

Now please, I know you don't like me or my opinions, but you don't have to bash down everything I say, do you?

Well if your ridiculed that much, its ok to point out when your right.

THank you...

no one takes me seriously here, but all my opinions that everyone diminishes and talks down end up being right, and theirs are wrong. If anything, they''re the crzy ones.

We should remember that were all writing opinions here, its the whole point of the forum. We shouldn't really focus on how often people are right or wrong. Its should be more about free flow of ideas.

exactly, but if others are going out of their way to proove you are wrong 9/10 than, you should be able to prove you are right 1/10 times

I have had some stupid things here, but generally I have been correct. I didn't know about James Williams, but what difference does he make, I predicted he'd be on the PS, but you guys told me he doesn't play for us. EF and TH I don't know about. That's all you seem to come up with... the roster prediction, which does not show someones knowledge, it's just predicting something. Don't judge me off that, if you go back and see the things I've said, you'll see they're right.

Alright, I don't congratulate myself that much, this is the only time, and I made this thread because everyone thought that opinion was stupid, and I guess I was right. Now let's answer these questions:

1. I guess Reitz is starting material for now, but we have no other players that can play LG. We got rid of McClendon and Devan who were his only competition. We'll wait and see on that one.

Yes they got rid of them because Reitz beat them out.
2. Please, your telling me you didn't think he'd be on the roster, at least as a backup. Everyone thought he'd make it, especially with no depth at LG.
That is exactly what I'm saying. You can look back at any of my roster predictions, he is not on there. I thought they would pick McClendon but instead they picked Richard.
3. I said that about a month and half ago, when PM injury wasn't "headlined" if you know what I mean. No one thought it would come to this 2 months ago, at least not you. If Manning weren't injured, we would have 2.
Really? You had Manning and Collins as the QBs a month before the Colts signed him? And yes it was at the start of training camp that Polian mentioned keeping 3 QBs with Manning's injury situation, which would be about a month and a half ago.

4. I said that they would be cut, or released because I have not seen them anywhere. I have not seen Hagler and I'm assuming we didn't pick up his contract. Foster, who knows with him, I don't know where he is, he has a contract too. But "cut" I meant that they wouldn't be on the team, only because I have not seen them at all.

Ahh, I see. So, by your way of thinking the Colts also cut Tom Brady, Chris Johnson, Patrick Willis, or every other person not on the Colts roster.
Now please, I know you don't like me or my opinions, but you don't have to bash down everything I say, do you?

I have no problem with you or your opinions, I just find it funny that you feel the need to pat yourself on the back when you are correct one out of every 10 times.

Yes they got rid of them because Reitz beat them out.

That is exactly what I'm saying. You can look back at any of my roster predictions, he is not on there. I thought they would pick McClendon but instead they picked Richard.

Really? You had Manning and Collins as the QBs a month before the Colts signed him? And yes it was at the start of training camp that Polian mentioned keeping 3 QBs with Manning's injury situation, which would be about a month and a half ago.

Ahh, I see. So, by your way of thinking the Colts also cut Tom Brady, Chris Johnson, Patrick Willis, or every other person not on the Colts roster.

I have no problem with you or your opinions, I just find it funny that you feel the need to pat yourself on the back when you are correct one out of every 10 times.

1. Exactly, but now we have no depth there. The loss of Devan was stupid. You actually thought they wouldn't pick him up, show me one of your dpeth chart predicitons.

2. The start of training camp was July 30th or August 1st. I started my first prediction in June I think, but I have made some recent ones.

3. Huh? I don't think the Colts picked up their contracts, and I have not seen them practicing or playing. There not even on the roster... I don't know why your mentioning Brady Johnson and Willis, it's irrelevant.

4. It's more like 7 out of 10, just to set the facts straight.

I have had some stupid things here, but generally I have been correct. I didn't know about James Williams, but what difference does he make, I predicted he'd be on the PS, but you guys told me he doesn't play for us. EF and TH I don't know about. That's all you seem to come up with... the roster prediction, which does not show someones knowledge, it's just predicting something. Don't judge me off that, if you go back and see the things I've said, you'll see they're right.

If I had to go back and crunch a top ten list out of all the crazy/wrong things you have said, it might take days as there is more than ample evidence to create such a list.

If I had to go back and crunch a top ten list out of all the crazy/wrong things you have said, it might take days as there is more than ample evidence to create such a list.

You know what, why don't you name some of those things... please, besides one of my predictions, name some. I guess the prediction of Session leaving, and McClendon leaving are crazy predictions of mine.

You know what, why don't you name some of those things... please, besides one of my predictions, name some. I guess the prediction of Session leaving, and McClendon leaving are crazy predictions of mine.

How about we pull up all your depth charts you made that guys making the roster that weren't even on the team?

Look we've all gotten things wrong on this forum, it's not a big deal. With that said when we get something right most of us don't make a thread saying hey look at me I got one right which is pretty much what you did which is rubbing some people the wrong way.

How about we pull up all your depth charts you made that guys making the roster that weren't even on the team?

Look we've all gotten things wrong on this forum, it's not a big deal. With that said when we get something right most of us don't make a thread saying hey look at me I got one right which is pretty much what you did which is rubbing some people the wrong way.

I only made it because everyone said I was wrong and crazy for thinking that he was not good and probably going to get cut. Not one person took my side, I decided to (uncharacteric of me) to rub it in. I find this whole situation just fascinating.

1. Exactly, but now we have no depth there. The loss of Devan was stupid. You actually thought they wouldn't pick him up, show me one of your dpeth chart predicitons.

Well here's one

Here's another

2. The start of training camp was July 30th or August 1st. I started my first prediction in June I think, but I have made some recent ones.
I linked your depth chart prediction 2.0 posted August 28.
3. Huh? I don't think the Colts picked up their contracts, and I have not seen them practicing or playing. There not even on the roster... I don't know why your mentioning Brady Johnson and Willis, it's irrelevant.
They have been on the roster as much this season as Hagler.
4. It's more like 7 out of 10, just to set the facts straight.

lol, lol, lol

I only made it because everyone said I was wrong and crazy for thinking that he was not good and probably going to get cut. Not one person took my side, I decided to (uncharacteric of me) to rub it in. I find this whole situation just fascinating.

Like I said way to go you got it right. With that said you don't seem to like it when people rub it in about everything you got wrong too. Don't kick dirt in peoples faces if you don't want it kicked back in yours. I got Caldwell making the roster right when others told me he wouldn't make it but I didn't start a thread about it because I also got several things wrong, Taj Smith for example. Like I said we all make mistakes on here it's not a big thing as long as you don't try to rub it in when you get something right. When you do that people are going to call out for your mistakes.

Like I said way to go you got it right. With that said you don't seem to like it when people rub it in about everything you got wrong too. Don't kick dirt in peoples faces if you don't want it kicked back in yours. I got Caldwell making the roster right when others told me he wouldn't make it but I didn't start a thread about it because I also got several things wrong, Taj Smith for example. Like I said we all make mistakes on here it's not a big thing as long as you don't try to rub it in when you get something right. When you do that people are going to call out for your mistakes.

alright, ty for telling me

Well here's one

Here's another

I linked your depth chart prediction 2.0 posted August 28.

They have been on the roster as much this season as Hagler.

lol, lol, lol

1. Your first roster prediction doesn't have him, but it's more inaccurate then mine, or about the same. YOu said that Brown will not be there, and said Chick, Afalava and Brooks would be there and they aren't, so don't bash mine when yours isn't better.

2. Ok! I saw it and we're pretty much the same.

3. Great! I didn't know that Hagler was off and the same with Foster, I didn't see them so I assumed there off. Next time just tell me that there not on the team, and not be a smart-* about it.

4. You'd be surprise, go back on my predictions and it's around 7 or 8 out of 10, and yours is not better. Some of those wacky predictions ended up being right... Taj Smith, McClendon, Session, and the list goes on and on, so don't bash me.

here are some of my recent predictions, like I said Gilreath would go on the PS, if Taj is not allowed, and Gilreath is on the PS. I said Hamlin would be cut if WHite is activated, and once White was activated Hamlin was cut, so just understand that most of the things I say are correct, but some of the weird things overshadow the correct thing I've said.

here are some of my recent predictions, like I said Gilreath would go on the PS, if Taj is not allowed, and Gilreath is on the PS. I said Hamlin would be cut if WHite is activated, and once White was activated Hamlin was cut, so just understand that most of the things I say are correct, but some of the weird things overshadow the correct thing I've said.

Hamlin was cut in final cuts there is no proof that Hamlin was cut because White was activated like you made it seem unless I missed something.

There you go again.

There is no correlation between Hamlin getting cut and White being activated. None. Zero. Squadoosh. If anything, Glireath was cut because of it. Not some run of the mill DB who had no chance to begin with.

And allow me to go back to one of your original posts - your reasoning for thinking McClendon gets cut is due to not liking UT linemen. What is not to like about linemen coming from an SEC school?