Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What If......

presto123

What if(assuming Manning doesn't come back this year) by some miraculous intervention Kerry Collins finds the fountain of youth and gets on a roll and leads us into the playoffs and on to a Super Bowl victory at home this year? Are you still with me? lol.....My question is would it taint your experience or lessen your joy just a bit being that Manning had nothing to do with it? Just wondering. I found myself playing out the best scenario this year(without Manning) and thought how weird that would be to win the Super Bowl at home with Collins. OK....back to regular scheduled programming:)

What if(assuming Manning doesn't come back this year) by some miraculous intervention Kerry Collins finds the fountain of youth and gets on a roll and leads us into the playoffs and on to a Super Bowl victory at home this year? Are you still with me? lol.....My question is would it taint your experience or lessen your joy just a bit being that Manning had nothing to do with it? Just wondering. I found myself playing out the best scenario this year(without Manning) and thought how weird that would be to win the Super Bowl at home with Collins. OK....back to regular scheduled programming:)

If that were to happen by some miracle...absolutely not! If the Colts team got another ring, I would be thrilled. Wouldn't be any less exciting to me if they did it with another quarterback. In fact it might mean that much more to me considering the circumstances they would have had to overcome.

Oh boy that would suck for peyton, cause then there would be alot of media questioning if it was actually him holding back the colts chance to win.... then when the offseason starts the media wonders if there is a QB dilemma in Indy lol... I would love to see that happen though.

Oh boy that would suck for peyton, cause then there would be alot of media questioning if it was actually him holding back the colts chance to win.... then when the offseason starts the media wonders if there is a QB dilemma in Indy lol... I would love to see that happen though.

I know. That is one of the reasons I asked. It would be weird for Peyton for sure.

I know. That is one of the reasons I asked. It would be weird for Peyton for sure.

Not to make fun of peytons situation but if he's still suffering with that neck problem then i dont think that superbowl win would help his stress level much either... But if anyting id say it would be the defense that takes this team to the superbowl, collins is just gonna manage the game.

Like how you played out the good scenario's. If he did that then I would trade him during that offseason. He's older than PM, and he would probably have some worth after taking the team to SB. Trade him for some O-lineman. Anyways, it won't happen... sorry for being the Debbie Downer :(

Like how you played out the good scenario's. If he did that then I would trade him during that offseason. He's older than PM, and he would probably have some worth after taking the team to SB. Trade him for some O-lineman. Anyways, it won't happen... sorry for being the Debbie Downer :(

Never say never!! *justin beiber moment* :rock:

If Kerry wins the SB for us we're trading Peyton. He could bring in a whole offensive line...............OK...........maybe not:)

I would be thrilled of course with the win, but it would be diminished somewhat. Not remotely as enjoyable.

If you want to fantasize, you should go a little farther than that. Don't forget 1965, when Unitas (and his backup) were both injured and running back Tom Matte dayum near led them past Green Bay and into the Championship game. So if for example Collins kept the Colts in the playoff hunt but was knocked out near the end - leading most Colts fan's hearts to sink in despair - but then Painter morphed into a star and we won the SB - instead of disappointing that might stand as about the most emotionally satisfying season ever. Nothing like high drama and an underdog to make a victory feel sweeter.

I would be thrilled of course with the win, but it would be diminished somewhat. Not remotely as enjoyable.

If you want to fantasize, you should go a little farther than that. Don't forget 1965, when Unitas (and his backup) were both injured and running back Tom Matte dayum near led them past Green Bay and into the Championship game. So if for example Collins kept the Colts in the playoff hunt but was knocked out near the end - leading most Colts fan's hearts to sink in despair - but then Painter morphed into a star and we won the SB - instead of disappointing that might stand as about the most emotionally satisfying season ever. Nothing like high drama and an underdog to make a victory feel sweeter.

C'mon now Painter? Not even devine intervention can make that happen lol

Guest BlueShoe

It would be great for us Colts fans and it would be a great end to Kerry Collins career.

If we can pull off the miracle then I think there is more good than harm for all of us. :)

C'mon now Painter? Not even devine intervention can make that happen lol

Heh, did you ever see "Rocky"? I can dream can't I. ;)

Actually let me start again. Did you ever see "Hoosiers"? haha You never know.

Painters got skills, he just throws every fourth pass straight into the ground for some bizarre reason, and if Reggie gets stared at much more he's going to need a restraining order. But I have faith that he can improve with playing time.

Speaking of faith, the odds of Collins making it past sack number 30 without getting injured are pretty slim, so a little praying couldn't hurt. But if we get divine intervention I'd prefer that it be in the form of a certain neck healing very rapidly.

I don't care if Alf is our QB and the Colts win the Superbowl it wouldn't "cheapen" the experience. I am a Colts fan #1, the players are part of that, but not above that. Don't get me wrong, I am a football fan and love to watch certain players including Manning, but if Manning leaves or isn't playing that won't make me less of a Colts fan. I would actually be extremely excited to see this happen just because it is so unlikely. However it could hurt Manning's relationship with the Colts. The team might cut him to save money, although if it is Collins there clearly isn't much of a future, with Painter it could certainly happen. Also the media would have a heyday and try to discredit his success to some degree, probably even say this team is better without him.

That would be nice, I just hope if Manning is out 4 or 6 games if we will be either 3-1 or 4-2. In a race for the AFC South, I think that is probably the biggest thing.

Also just a thought....

If Manning misses 6 games, and comes back it will take some time to get the timing back. Hopefully 3 or 4 games. After looking at the schedule we could very well be 4-2. With losses coming to Texans and Steelers.

Then we would be 5-3 at the worst after loosing to the Saints and a win vs. the Titans. (Could actually beat the Saints and could be 6-2 when Manning gets his rythym back for Atlanta)

Manning would be fresher than any other quarterback down the stretch. They always talk about that stuff with RB's, wouldn't it work for QB's as well? Lets face it he is 35 and having a fresher arm later in the season might not be that bad.

Also the advantage of getting back your best player and you are 4-2 and in the hunt. Anything is possible.

Collins could get us to 4-2 I believe. With wins vs. Browns, Chiefs, Bucs, and Bengals. However, I would think they would want Manning back by the Bengals game. (more of a warm up game than anything)

The Browns, Bucs, and Chiefs will require game managers to win those games. Just as long as Kerry does not turn the ball over.

If we can do that... then we are in a great position.

If the Colts will make it to the SB this year, I will be :drink: too much and celebrating to even care who the QB is :cheers:

Well when Phil Simms went down for the Giants in 1990 and back up Scott Bruno lead them to Super Bowl the love for Simms with Giants fans never went away. Simms fans still cheered for the Giants.

In 2001 when Drew Bledsoe got hurt everyone was OK with Tom Brady taking over and by 2002 it was Bledsoe who.

Collins however is not the QB of the future! Heck he wasnt even a great QB of the past!

Colts winning Super Bowl is awesome. However the reason why we love Manning is because he CAN win Super Bowls!

I like the Idea but then again I dont. If this were to happen I can see Dion Sanders right now live on NFL Network right after the super bowl saying Manning doesnt deserve the ring because he did nothing to get the team to the super bowl and Tom Brady is still the best QB ever. Or something along those lines. So Manning would be taking a huge hit from the media but then the media could possibly shut up some seeing that we can do it without manning. So its a bitter-sweet idea. I like for the fact we would win another super bowl and the media would see we can do it without Manning. I'd hate it simply because Manning wasn't a part of the super bowl run and the media would fire back that he isnt as good as he appears or some crazy crap. Lets just keep the Idea that He will more than likely miss week 1 and Possibly week 2.

Rings are so much more important than media bias that its not even a question. Rings>what people think. And of coarse Manning would still deserve credit, his leadership has helped build the offense to what it is and is a huge part of other players development.