Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Donnie Avery

Malakai432

We could use some help at WR since reports are Gonzo and Collie are still not practicing and White is just coming off the PUP. Also a speedester would be great for Collin's long ball. Worth a kick of the tires by the Colts.

I saw a report Collie practiced today.

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5176/austin-collie

But I like Donnie as well, and I personally feel we need WR help, since Wayne and Garcon are the only healthy ones.

I saw a report Collie practiced today.

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5176/austin-collie

But I like Donnie as well, and I personally feel we need WR help, since Wayne and Garcon are the only healthy ones.

hmm your's is probably more right than mine, I just heard on the radio that Collie, Gonzo, Brackett, Bethea, and Diem all missed practice.

Not sure if it's legit or not but here's an interesting article about how the Colts might scoop up Donnie Avery, ST. Louis WR, 33rd overall pick in the 2008 NFL draft.

http://www.nflgridirongab.com/2011/09/05/gary-kubiak-claims-donnie-avery-is-signing-with-the-colts/

Interesting, didn't notice any other threads here stating this.

The article you linked has been updated. It now says that he did not sign with the Colts. I really do wish this team would pick up some wide receiver depth from somewhere.

The article you linked has been updated. It now says that he did not sign with the Colts. I really do wish this team would pick up some wide receiver depth from somewhere.

Ah, well that didn't last long lol...

In terms of Collie, Gonzo, Diem, Bethea if those guys didn't practice = ouch. Hopefully they will be ready to roll. Colts really need everyone available.

Would definitely like him. With Gilreath on the PS, we need a KR and PR. He's fast as heck, would probably be the fastest on the team. Oh and he would be a good deep threat, and he has good hands. I really liked him, and he would fit in nicely with th Colts. His contract would probably take up 2.5M of the salary cap.

Ah, well that didn't last long lol...

In terms of Collie, Gonzo, Diem, Bethea if those guys didn't practice = ouch. Hopefully they will be ready to roll. Colts really need everyone available.

Well I am guessing Diem's is the same injury he played with vs. the Bengals. If he can play the fourth pre-season game he'll play the opener. Just needs time to rest during the week.

Gonzo told Philip B he plans on playing but doesn't want to rush his way back.

They said Bethea was one of the guys who could field punts if White is a no go so I think they expect Bethea out there.

The big question mark seems to be Collie, looks like local media says he did not practice while national media says he did.

I can only believe that the coaching staff had a very good idea that they would be ready too go on Sunday. Other wise it would be very bad planning. I checked out ourlads depth chart at bottom they have our practice squad and Brooks has been added which gives us 7 all together 3 are wr.