Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck vs rg3

Greenoughrunner

Say what you'd like, but one guy is excelling, despite his poor o-line, while another guy (or should I saw another guy's fanbase) is using his as an excuse for his mistakes.

Washington's o-line was one of the worse last season--the only difference is the guy taking the snaps.

Team's with "poor" offensive lines don't lead the league in rushing. The Redskins lead the NFL with 167 yards per game and rang the Giants up for over 200 last night.

And before you attribute any of that to RGIII's remarkable ability to run....Alfred Morris is 3rd in the NFL in rushing. Not only that, but Mike Shanahan has a long history of manufacturing some very successful and usually out-of-nowhere RBs behind crisp and consistent run-blocking. Two words that in no way describe the Colts offensive line/rushing attack for the past 5 years.

Andrew Luck has no consistent rushing attack....and for 3-4 years, neither did Peyton Manning.

This is not a hate fest against RGIII or your personal opinion....your entitled to it. But for God's sakes at least be accurate.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And your signature reads.....Houston Texans 2011 AFC champions. Is that not stirring the pot a bit?

I am proud that my team has won the division, I would think. No different than hanging banners in the stadium commemorating past championships, be they divisional, Conference, or Super Bowl. I didn't put Dominant Texans, 2011-2015 AFC South Champs. And no, I am not saying that we will be the champs for that long, I'm just using an example.

I am proud that my team has won the division, I would think. No different than hanging banners in the stadium commemorating past championships, be they divisional, Conference, or Super Bowl. I didn't put Dominant Texans, 2011-2015 AFC South Champs. And no, I am not saying that we will be the champs for that long, I'm just using an example.

First of all I have no problem with your signature. With that said yes there is a difference between you doing that on your signature on an internet forum and what the pro team displays in public.

It would be FAR from unanimous at this point. Before we saw these guys in action it was probably 85-15 in favor of Luck with just about everyone happy we had a shot at either. Now it's probably the reverse. Skins fans have their guy and they like him a heck of a lot.

The talk shows can be interesting but they're no beacon of intelligent football discussion, least of all when DC area callers are involved. This is not a college offense and anyone who insists that it is or is "gimmicky" in some way should be discredited instantly. It's built predominantly on sound concepts from a long-time pro-style offense that has borrowed and improved upon a few things from the college game.

I just stated this in another thread when someone mentioned that the Redskins need to run a "real" offense. If you make the Giants defensive line (who you have already played and just got through destroying a "real" offense in Green Bay) second guess every play, your offense seems pretty real to me.

First of all I have no problem with your signature. With that said yes there is a difference between you doing that on your signature on an internet forum and what the pro team displays in public.

I hope it doesn't rub anyone the wrong way, if it does, it wasn't my intent when I made it. Maybe I should go commando and get rid of it completely hahaha. Then I won't get nearly as much flack because I'll blend in like a few other posters from other teams on here lol. :hmm:

I hope it doesn't rub anyone the wrong way, if it does, it wasn't my intent when I made it. Maybe I should go commando and get rid of it completely hahaha. Then I won't get nearly as much flack because I'll blend in like a few other posters from other teams on here lol. :hmm:

Like I said I don't really have an issue with your signature. I am just saying that comparing your internet signature to what a pro team displays in their stadium isn't the samething.

Team's with "poor" offensive lines don't lead the league in rushing. The Redskins lead the NFL with 167 yards per game and rang the Giants up for over 200 last night.

And before you attribute any of that to RGIII's remarkable ability to run....Alfred Morris is 3rd in the NFL in rushing. Not only that, but Mike Shanahan has a long history of manufacturing some very successful and usually out-of-nowhere RBs behind crisp and consistent run-blocking. Two words that in no way describe the Colts offensive line/rushing attack for the past 5 years.

Andrew Luck has no consistent rushing attack....and for 3-4 years, neither did Peyton Manning.

This is not a hate fest against RGIII or your personal opinion....your entitled to it. But for God's sakes at least be accurate.

Check the rushing numbers for the Redskins the past few years...they have been a terrible rushing team. Last season, they were 25th (30TH the year before) WITH THE EXACT SAME OFFENSIVE LINE. These running plays would absolutely NOT work without the threat of RGIII keeping the ball and running it himself. If Rex Grossman were handing the ball to Alfred Morris as opposed to Griffin, there's absolutely no way Morris would be doing this well. The threat of two guys running the football on any given play freezes linebackers and gives Morris the luxury of getting a leg-up on the defense...not happening without that threat of RG3 running. That's not taking anything from Morris, because he's a beast, and he finishes runs about as well as any other in the league, but he is certainly not some world-beater talent at RB.

I just stated this in another thread when someone mentioned that the Redskins need to run a "real" offense. If you make the Giants defensive line (who you have already played and just got through destroying a "real" offense in Green Bay) second guess every play, your offense seems pretty real to me.

It was crazy how they couldn't stop it, no matter what they did. To contain or not to contain, it did not matter, Griffin, Morris, and Garcon were turning on those jets and flying all over the field. Griffin also broke Cam's rookie rushing record as well...and the season isn't even over yet.

Like I said I don't really have an issue with your signature. I am just saying that comparing your internet signature to what a pro team displays in their stadium isn't the samething.

Yeah, true. I do it for my own pride, and it may offend some, while teams do it because it's history and I doubt that it offends rival teams when they visit. I see your point GC.

I'll be the first to admit I am not an expert when it comes to the Redskins o-line however I have a feelings most here are not either.

With that said, just because the Redskins were not great at rushing the ball last year does not mean the line was all to blame for that. I would ask this question how many of those games were the Redskins behind last year that they were forced to go away from the run and go to the air? That might have something to do with why the run numbers are down.

No question having RG3 on their roster and having more close games is going to help improve the rushing numbers. With that said, you don't have two 1,000 yard players without having a good o-line.

The Colts o-line is not as good as the Redskins. Even if the Redskins o-line isn't the best o-line in football they are still better than the Colts. The Colts aren't going to have one 1,000 yard player let alone two and they have given up more sacks than the Redskins.

Like I have said before there isn't really a case to say either one of these QBs is SO much better than the other. Frankly they have both been unreal for rookies and both deserve credit for playing well beyond what is expected for rookie QBs and both fanbases have every right to be thrilled with their QB. Right now both players are as advertised. Just because Manning and Leaf had one great QB and one bust doesn't mean that's going to happen this time. It could easily be that BOTH QBs are going to be good.

Absolutely you're mistaken. I have heard ESPN claim that RG3 was the best rookie in the history of football. Not just QB, but best ever rookie at any position. That is utter and complete nonsense. I have heard them, almost on a daily basis, try to make an argument for MVP this season. IMO, that is utter and complete nonsense.

Was it Skip Bayless?? I've heard people say that Luck should be considered in the MVP race. I think putting Luck or RGiii in there is a little far fetched.

Was it Skip Bayless?? I've heard people say that Luck should be considered in the MVP race. I think putting Luck or RGiii in there is a little far fetched.

depends on how you define MVP. If you go with best player in the league then no. If you go with most important player to your team then there is an argument to be made for them. I think there are better argument to be made for other players but I can see the arguments for Luck or RG3 if you are talking on how important they are for their team.

Your posts would dictate otherwise that your a Griffin fan.

Secondly if we cannot use wins as a barometer, then you can't use any stats at all to claim that RGIII is better. You can't exclude stats because they make your point not valid.

Luck is asked to do way more with alot less offensively speaking than Griffin. Luck has to throw the ball skewing his numbers greatly. Last nights game for example the Skins had over 200 rushing yds.

Yet in stark contrast Indy vs. Det the colts had a total of 87 running yds and 33 came from Luck.

You can't compare the two players because the schemes aren't anywhere close to being the same. Arians isn't running a "college" style offense like Shanahan.

I'm not knocking it but what I am saying is that the system in which Griffin is in, its a low risk, high reward type offense where as luck is High risk/ High reward

I'm not a Luck fan. Nor am I Griffin fan. I'm a Colts fan. And an NFL fan.

Absolutely you're mistaken. The media and hype around Luck last year was every bit as over the top as the rg3 hype is now. Before ever taking an NFL snap he was the next manning and elway rolled into one.

Luck was the media darling for a while after tebow got old. Rg3 is the media darling now. Before long it'll be someone else. Frankly I'm beginning to wonder if you're just upset the media is worshipping someone other than Luck.

Well said. I don't see how people don't remember the hype about Luck.

It was just weird.... I mean as soon as people found out Manning was going to be out you heard people talking about SUCK FOR LUCK!

I would like to apologize on behalf of Redskins fans. I do not understand why posters like RGIII have to show up after every Colts win/Redskins loss to try to prop up RG3 and belittle Luck's accomplishments. Both quarterbacks are playing phenomenal right now. It's an apples to oranges comparison. Luck would have more polished stats in our system and RG3 would have more gunslinger-like stats in Arians system. It makes our fan base look desperate and pathetic when posters like RGIII show up trying to defend our QB whenever Luck accomplishes something great or RG3 makes a mistake. It screams insecurity.

I will admit, if the draft started over and we had the #1 pick. I would want Luck but I am equally happy with RG3. This is the general consensus among us Redskins fans on our forum as well. No harm here, both will go on to have successful careers in my opinion. God bless.

Absolutely you're mistaken. The media and hype around Luck last year was every bit as over the top as the rg3 hype is now. Before ever taking an NFL snap he was the next manning and elway rolled into one.

Luck was the media darling for a while after tebow got old. Rg3 is the media darling now. Before long it'll be someone else. Frankly I'm beginning to wonder if you're just upset the media is worshipping someone other than Luck.

Listen, I know no matter what I say about Luck and the hype he received last season, that you are going to disagree. There are a few people here that are stuck on the hype that surrounded him and hold it against him to some extent, but there is no way that Luck's hype last yr. is anywhere even close to what RG3 is getting now and even back before the draft.

RG3 was the most talked about player about 2 weeks leading up to draft and it has exploded into full blown ridiculousness now. I haven't at anytime seen ESPN or NFL network running polls to get Luck into the probowl. Not one time have I seen them claim him to be the best rookie ever in the history of football.

I know you will just come back with some remark about how I must be jealous or some other silly crack at me, but thats ok, I really do not care. Also I would just prefer Skip Bayless keep his ill informed, complete lack of football knowledge mouth quiet than say anything at all. I would like to watch ESPN for more than 5 minutes without hearing of how great RG3 is.

I find it funny that you try so hard to defend RG3 over Luck at every opportunity especially when it comes to my posts. Its pretty obvious to me(and a few others I think) that you have a special agenda to respond to my posts that I make about RG3 or Luck either one.

So if Bayless starts singing praises for 12 if he gets into the playoffs...then he is destined to be a bust? Ah.

Bayless will never sing the praises for Luck, so that don't even need to be discussed. Bayless has made his RG3 for MVP/ROTY agenda very well documented.

No, it was actually NFL network that said he may go down as the best rookie ever in the history of football. Quite comical IMO. I also think that MVP for either guy is a little crazy. Manning should probably get it, but I know that it shouldn't even be being discussed for a team thats 6-6. If RG3 goes on to make the playoffs and then goes to the superbowl then I could understand it, but don't they vote for that kind of stuff before the playoffs are even over?

Listen, I know no matter what I say about Luck and the hype he received last season, that you are going to disagree. There are a few people here that are stuck on the hype that surrounded him and hold it against him to some extent, but there is no way that Luck's hype last yr. is anywhere even close to what RG3 is getting now and even back before the draft.

RG3 was the most talked about player about 2 weeks leading up to draft and it has exploded into full blown ridiculousness now. I haven't at anytime seen ESPN or NFL network running polls to get Luck into the probowl. Not one time have I seen them claim him to be the best rookie ever in the history of football.

I know you will just come back with some remark about how I must be jealous or some other silly crack at me, but thats ok, I really do not care. Also I would just prefer Skip Bayless keep his ill informed, complete lack of football knowledge mouth quiet than say anything at all. I would like to watch ESPN for more than 5 minutes without hearing of how great RG3 is.

I find it funny that you try so hard to defend RG3 over Luck at every opportunity especially when it comes to my posts. Its pretty obvious to me(and a few others I think) that you have a special agenda to respond to my posts that I make about RG3 or Luck either one.

I'm with you 100% on this. And I actually like RGIII and I think he is a solid rookie quarterback. What I have a problem with is just the immense/ridiculous amount of hype the media is giving him right now. Luck has not gotten a fraction of the hype that RGIII has gotten and anyone who says otherwise must not watch any sports shows other than when their own team plays. It just gets to the point where it becomes nauseating and hard to listen to when you're trying to watch ESPN or CBS or Fox and you have to hear such outlandish remarks being made about him ad nauseum. The guy is on a 6-6 football team, and has put up good numbers. But that's it. Give him the hype such as "best ever" or "MVP" when he has actually earned it and deserves it like everyone else.

agreed

you are making more sense than jason

I'm with you 100% on this. And I actually like RGIII and I think he is a solid rookie quarterback. What I have a problem with is just the immense/ridiculous amount of hype the media is giving him right now. Luck has not gotten a fraction of the hype that RGIII has gotten and anyone who says otherwise must not watch any sports shows other than when their own team plays. It just gets to the point where it becomes nauseating and hard to listen to when you're trying to watch ESPN or CBS or Fox and you have to hear such outlandish remarks being made about him ad nauseum. The guy is on a 6-6 football team, and has put up good numbers. But that's it. Give him the hype such as "best ever" or "MVP" when he has actually earned it and deserves it like everyone else.

I'm not a basher of either but to totally disregard all of the hype that Andrew Luck has been getting since 2010 is crazy. Everything college football was Andrew Luck for 2 straight years. Analyst slobbered over him saying he is the greatest prospect since Elway. And all you heard about before the draft was Andrew Luck. I don't see how anyone looking at TV can try to disregard that fact. Like guy said earlier, nobody thought Luck was overhyped when it was all Andrew Luck, all the time. Matter of fact, I remember everybody blasting Merrill Hodge (analyst and fans) because he said he would take Griffin first, holding on to the Luck hype. I don't know about you personally, but it is looking like a huge bowl of hypocrisy. "Hype is ok as long as its our guy." I mean, Griffin is getting love from the media but who was against it when analyst were dang near prepping Luck for Canton? I'm just saying.

Luck has not gotten a fraction of the hype that RGIII has gotten

That is because most of the hype on Luck was exhausted during his sophomore and junior years in college. People seem to forget that Luck was the greatest thing since sliced bread since Freshman year, touted as the best prospect ever coming out of college, and deemed the proper successor to Peyton Manning. Converse to what people think here, a lot of praise is being thrown on RG3 because he isn't Luck. He wasn't hyped for 2 years. He didn't play in a spotlight program. He wasn't chosen as the successor to one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time. He's a generally well-liked guy by seemingly everyone but fans of other NFC East teams and the Colts. He's the flavor du jour and once Geno Smith or someone else comes in and tears it up I have no doubt Griffin's hype will be no more than Luck's, Manning's, Brady's, etc. But the hypocrisy I have seen in this thread is pretty astounding. Perhaps it's because some people don't watch a lot of college football, and I totally understand if that's the case, but over the course of his career, no player has had as much hype as Andrew Luck.

how about that russell wilson? think he needs thrown in the discussion since we cant stop talking about luck vs rg3...how about we debate on how great all THREE are doing and how we are all darn lucky we got our guys. with that said....

continue. divide and conquer...dont the enemy do that? maybe some guys just like to stir the pot on the board and spew constant garbage. never heard of a fan who did support his own players...go figure

ok, now continue...

That is because most of the hype on Luck was exhausted during his sophomore and junior years in college. People seem to forget that Luck was the greatest thing since sliced bread since Freshman year, touted as the best prospect ever coming out of college, and deemed the proper successor to Peyton Manning. Converse to what people think here, a lot of praise is being thrown on RG3 because he isn't Luck. He wasn't hyped for 2 years. He didn't play in a spotlight program. He wasn't chosen as the successor to one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time. He's a generally well-liked guy by seemingly everyone but fans of other NFC East teams and the Colts. He's the flavor du jour and once Geno Smith or someone else comes in and tears it up I have no doubt Griffin's hype will be no more than Luck's, Manning's, Brady's, etc. But the hypocrisy I have seen in this thread is pretty astounding. Perhaps it's because some people don't watch a lot of college football, and I totally understand if that's the case, but over the course of his career, no player has had as much hype as Andrew Luck.

Jahsoul and Matugi:

I am not disagreeing with either of you on that, except to say that in college, when speaking about a college prospect, Luck did appear to be the next great QB as far as his ability and instincts. However, once he got into the NFL I don't think he has been hyped that much. He has had flashes of greatness and gotten praised for it when he does. However, it does not even begin to equal the amount of hype RGIII got since winning the Heisman and continuing until right now today. RGIII is the greatest thing since sliced bread if you believe ESPN and might be able to walk on water. Whether you like one or the other isn't at issue so much as RGIII is getting a disproportionate amount of hype compared to every other player in the NFL right now, including established greats such Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. Think about that. And seriously, never did Luck's hype back in college equal the amount RGIII is getting now. You won't convince me otherwise.

I'm not a basher of either but to totally disregard all of the hype that Andrew Luck has been getting since 2010 is crazy. Everything college football was Andrew Luck for 2 straight years. Analyst slobbered over him saying he is the greatest prospect since Elway. And all you heard about before the draft was Andrew Luck. I don't see how anyone looking at TV can try to disregard that fact. Like guy said earlier, nobody thought Luck was overhyped when it was all Andrew Luck, all the time. Matter of fact, I remember everybody blasting Merrill Hodge (analyst and fans) because he said he would take Griffin first, holding on to the Luck hype. I don't know about you personally, but it is looking like a huge bowl of hypocrisy. "Hype is ok as long as its our guy." I mean, Griffin is getting love from the media but who was against it when analyst were dang near prepping Luck for Canton? I'm just saying.

That is just not true, Every since RG3 proclaimed himself the Heisman winner, the media went on a full blown crusade for him and it eventually won him the Heisman. RG3 was the most talked about player at least 2 weeks leading up to the draft.(that was reported by ESPN back at that time). The media and many fans fell in love with his flashyness and it rubbed others the wrong way. Therefore he was controversial and the media hasn't shutup about him since.

There is no comparison between College hype and "pro" hype. When you post on an NFL board to vote for RG3 to get into the probowl, that is beyond being fair. That is media biased.

Excuse me? That would be like saying there's no comparison between calling the iPhone the greatest thing since sliced bread 5 years ago and calling Android the greatest thing since sliced bread now. The iPhone was considered a God amongst phones back when it was deemed to be the ultimate competitor in the market. As it matured and perhaps a more advanced device system showed its face, people defected and supported the other. Both mature at the same rate.

Excuse me? That would be like saying there's no comparison between calling the iPhone the greatest thing since sliced bread 5 years ago and calling Android the greatest thing since sliced bread now. The iPhone was considered a God amongst phones back when it was deemed to be the ultimate competitor in the market. As it matured and perhaps a more advanced device system showed its face, people defected and supported the other. Both mature at the same rate.

Ha in your analogy who's the Windows 8 phone?

Check the rushing numbers for the Redskins the past few years...they have been a terrible rushing team. Last season, they were 25th (30TH the year before) WITH THE EXACT SAME OFFENSIVE LINE. These running plays would absolutely NOT work without the threat of RGIII keeping the ball and running it himself. If Rex Grossman were handing the ball to Alfred Morris as opposed to Griffin, there's absolutely no way Morris would be doing this well. The threat of two guys running the football on any given play freezes linebackers and gives Morris the luxury of getting a leg-up on the defense...not happening without that threat of RG3 running. That's not taking anything from Morris, because he's a beast, and he finishes runs about as well as any other in the league, but he is certainly not some world-beater talent at RB.

I agree with this. Once RG3 broke for that 40 yard run, Morris had an easy time the rest of the game.

I'll be the first to admit I am not an expert when it comes to the Redskins o-line however I have a feelings most here are not either.

With that said, just because the Redskins were not great at rushing the ball last year does not mean the line was all to blame for that. I would ask this question how many of those games were the Redskins behind last year that they were forced to go away from the run and go to the air? That might have something to do with why the run numbers are down.

No question having RG3 on their roster and having more close games is going to help improve the rushing numbers. With that said, you don't have two 1,000 yard players without having a good o-line.

The Colts o-line is not as good as the Redskins. Even if the Redskins o-line isn't the best o-line in football they are still better than the Colts. The Colts aren't going to have one 1,000 yard player let alone two and they have given up more sacks than the Redskins.

Like I have said before there isn't really a case to say either one of these QBs is SO much better than the other. Frankly they have both been unreal for rookies and both deserve credit for playing well beyond what is expected for rookie QBs and both fanbases have every right to be thrilled with their QB. Right now both players are as advertised. Just because Manning and Leaf had one great QB and one bust doesn't mean that's going to happen this time. It could easily be that BOTH QBs are going to be good.

Well said sir.

Remeber the 83 draft. Elway had the last laugh, but anyone who say they would not take Marino or Kelly would be an *.

Actually, RG3's name has been in the MVP race for a while now. I think they started talking about it a few weeks back. It was even on NFL.com.

There is an article today on NFL.com talking about Luck as a potential MVP as well.

I agree with you tho. For as good as they have both been, Manning is the NFL MVP and its not even close.

Richard Sherman said it best when asked why Russell Wilson wasn't getting the attention RGIII was getting. he said ""They're going to hype who they're going to hype, and you're in the Seattle market, and it doesn't matter what you do," the Seahawks cornerback said, via USA Today. "He's beat the Bears, the Packers, the Patriots. You show me another quarterback with his resume, and I'll show you a great quarterback. But he doesn't get the credit because they don't want to give him the credit. They don't want to make him a big name. They make the guys a big name who they want to make a big name."

The Media always have done that.

Jahsoul and Matugi:

I am not disagreeing with either of you on that, except to say that in college, when speaking about a college prospect, Luck did appear to be the next great QB as far as his ability and instincts. However, once he got into the NFL I don't think he has been hyped that much. He has had flashes of greatness and gotten praised for it when he does. However, it does not even begin to equal the amount of hype RGIII got since winning the Heisman and continuing until right now today. RGIII is the greatest thing since sliced bread if you believe ESPN and might be able to walk on water. Whether you like one or the other isn't at issue so much as RGIII is getting a disproportionate amount of hype compared to every other player in the NFL right now, including established greats such Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. Think about that. And seriously, never did Luck's hype back in college equal the amount RGIII is getting now. You won't convince me otherwise.

Yea but it's not just ESPN singing his praises, it's

CBS Sports, Fox Sports, NFL.com, heck, even other teams news papers chime in. RG3 is a once in a generation player. Thats not a knock on Luck, who I've said many times on this board is an absolute beast. I think Luck has the potential to be the best Elway.

But RG3 has more upside becasue of his athleticsm. We've never seen a quarterback with RG3's skillset. Sure, we've sene quarterbacks that have

1. Big Arm

2. Accurate Arm

3. World Class Speed

4. Intelligence

5. Toughness

6. Poise

7. Leadership

But we've never seen 1 quarterback that has all of these in 1 package. This is why people are so high on RG3.

Like Steve Young said last night after the game "Some players just transcend the numbers". RG3 is that player.

But he has the numbers to back it up as well.

That is just not true, Every since RG3 proclaimed himself the Heisman winner, the media went on a full blown crusade for him and it eventually won him the Heisman. RG3 was the most talked about player at least 2 weeks leading up to the draft.(that was reported by ESPN back at that time). The media and many fans fell in love with his flashyness and it rubbed others the wrong way. Therefore he was controversial and the media hasn't shutup about him since.

LMBO....no way. Throughout the year, they were trying to find ways to get Luck the Heisman. Anyone looking at college football what have know that Griffin was a good QB getting better every year (I mean, he did get Big XII Freshman of the Year) but the way they were piling it on with Luck was crazy. I'm an avid college football fan so I know how they were putting it on with Luck from 2010 until he turned pro.

I feel that it is pure hypocrisy because if Luck was getting the same media attention, none of you would have anything to say about it and would be elated that "your guy" is getting all of the attention. I just wish more people would just flat out say, "I wish the media would talk more about Andrew Luck," instead of hiding behind the guise of him being overhyped.

My thing is, it doesn't seem to be bother Luck, so why is it affecting the fanbase so much? When analyst were slobbering after Luck before the draft, RG3 didn't show any malcontent. He (and Irsay) knew that the Colts weren't going to pick him but I remember people on this forum criticizing him because he didn't work out with the team. Some people just can't win for losing.

Yea but it's not just ESPN singing his praises, it's

CBS Sports, Fox Sports, NFL.com, heck, even other teams news papers chime in. RG3 is a once in a generation player. Thats not a knock on Luck, who I've said many times on this board is an absolute beast. I think Luck has the potential to be the best Elway.

But RG3 has more upside becasue of his athleticsm. We've never seen a quarterback with RG3's skillset. Sure, we've sene quarterbacks that have

1. Big Arm

2. Accurate Arm

3. World Class Speed

4. Intelligence

5. Toughness

6. Poise

7. Leadership

But we've never seen 1 quarterback that has all of these in 1 package. This is why people are so high on RG3.

Like Steve Young said last night after the game "Some players just transcend the numbers". RG3 is that player.

But he has the numbers to back it up as well.

Again; Media hype!

I have looked into the Skins OL as of a couple weeks ago... and ... they have not had one player on IR for the year.

They have been very healthy. One T listed a Q, no OL men on IR.

http://www.mangameslost.com/category/nfl/nfl-2012-2013-season/

That is why they are the best rushing team in the league. Health matters.

Maybe thats because Luck leads the NFL in turnovers? He NEEDS to get the turnovers down.