Luck vs rg3

Greenoughrunner

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No, you sound like someone who is in a cult. Note the word, cult, not Colt lol. No offense Jules but I know that you are better than resorting to cold sarcasm to prove a point. I would take Schaub and even Yates over 12 at this point..at least Yates already has a playoff win under his belt lol. Yeah, 12 is special...a rookie who is barely beating terrible competition. I will continue rooting for Griffin, not worshipping him...especially when he wins a Super Bowl before 12 does. How's that for a bold prediction? ;) I don't care much for his smile as much as his awesomeness, game winning mentality and propensity for NOT creating turnovers. But that's just me.

You worship RG3 just as much as you claim some of us are cult like for Luck on a Colts forum when he is the Colts QB.

I have never heard you say a single thing against RG3 and I have never really heard you make a real compliment towards Luck that probably didn't have a slight insult in there:

Yeah, 12 is special...a rookie who is barely beating terrible competition.

I am all for having conversations with fans of other teams. In fact I get along sometimes MOST with fans of other teams. But, the constant RG3 cheerleading by a few of you does make me suspicious.

Hey at least Pats fans don't seem to feel threatened. They give their kudos to Luck but are pretty secure with their own team and where it's going.

It pains me to accept the fact that this comparison will be around for the next 10 years smh. Why do people have to be compared??? Why can't everyone just be their own person????

Because some fans are insecure at times when one player is outperforming another, and resort to breaking that one player down. I've been saying it since before the draft...12 and Griffin are both good players.

The irony to me is that we as Colts fans don't hype up/love Luck anymore then you praise/hype up and gush over Rg3.

And he isn't even your QB.

I mean I understand. Sometimes I like QBs of other teams too. I have sometimes flat out gushed to the point it is sickening over Rodgers.

But, even Luck made me kinda forget about Rodgers which is crazy to people I know......

I swear to God that if Luck is down 10 near the end of a game I would rather have the ball in Luck's hands over Rodgers. Some QBs just seem to have IT when it matters and Rodgers has never been a big comeback guy.

If anyone can't see that Luck has IT in his rookie year on this team with all these holes......wow. It's just out there for anyone to see if they are interested.

I just can't wait to see what this team looks like next season. And the season after. And the season after that.

Man we are LUCKY as Colts fans.

We should watch some of those Andrew Luck workout videos too and become hardcore fan girly.

Hey J I ain't got no interest in watching dude work out .... just work out on Sunday..

hehe... :td:

No, you sound like someone who is in a cult. Note the word, cult, not Colt lol. No offense Jules but I know that you are better than resorting to cold sarcasm to prove a point. I would take Schaub and even Yates over 12 at this point..at least Yates already has a playoff win under his belt lol. Yeah, 12 is special...a rookie who is barely beating terrible competition. I will continue rooting for Griffin, not worshipping him...especially when he wins a Super Bowl before 12 does. How's that for a bold prediction? ;) I don't care much for his smile as much as his awesomeness, game winning mentality and propensity for NOT creating turnovers. But that's just me.

:facepalm:

I bet you he doesn't. If you stick around long enough on this board for one of them to win a SB. :D

I'm not one to go and waste time looking up numbers because no matter what you and/or the other Griffin "non-supporters" will try to find a way to twist them and claim that they are a result of the "college happy system". I'm sure one of the Redskins fans here will be happy enough to post them though. No need to take away anything from Griffin because he is successful passing, play action or not...That'd be like me saying Well, 12 has a lot of yards, but it's because he throws the ball a lot. Well duh...

RG3's stats NOT throwing off of play action are.... not pretty...

ESPN did it this morning ... but hey won't continue to... they are in the midst of a love fest. So...

Sigh..

Andrew has to carry a team and Robert has to run the option...

Sigh.. but alas... The Cream rises to the the top.

You worship RG3 just as much as you claim some of us are cult like for Luck on a Colts forum when he is the Colts QB.

I have never heard you say a single thing against RG3 and I have never really heard you make a real compliment towards Luck that probably didn't have a slight insult in there:

I am all for having conversations with fans of other teams. In fact I get along sometimes MOST with fans of other teams. But, the constant RG3 cheerleading by a few of you does make me suspicious.

Hey at least Pats fans don't seem to feel threatened. They give their kudos to Luck but are pretty secure with their own team and where it's going.

Yeah, I definitely feel threatened despite our 11-1 record and top spot in the AFC. Again, this is nothing about Colts/Texans. This is about a player that I believe is performing better than the other. Feel free to skim through my posts and you will certainly find compliments for 12. Just because I don't worship him doesn't mean I don't think he isn't a good player. Want to hear something about Griffin that I don't like? His overthrowing of receivers on fades and posts that should not be rushed at times. I could add more but I don't feel the need to validate myself to someone who is letting this argument fly right over their head, despite what I say.

:facepalm:

I bet you he doesn't. If you stick around long enough on this board for one of them to win a SB. :D

I'll be here. It's my prediction, my opinion, so I will leave it at that. The Yates comment was a snarky joke and is intended to reflect the satire going on in this entire debate.

RG3's stats NOT throwing off of play action are.... not pretty...

ESPN did it this morning ... but hey won't continue to... they are in the midst of a love fest. So...

Sigh..

Andrew has to carry a team and Robert has to run the option...

Sigh.. but alas... The Cream rises to the the top.

Sigh. Okay man. Whatever you say. The fact of the matter is that they are both good and I expect good things out of both of them.

Hype up? I defend the guy. I acknowledge that he is playing great for a rookie quarterback, no matter what system he is in. I read these threads enough and see Colt fans attacking other Colts fans if they even mention that 12 could have done better in that game. The most common retort? " He won, that's all that matters, and he's a rookie so give the guy a break." 12 can do no wrong to some. Manning has indeed passed on the torch. I like 12, have since he was playing at Stanford. I actually got giddy knowing that he would be in the division...but, like every other QB in the NFL (including Griffin) he is not perfect.

Maybe it's just me but I did say this offseason I was looking for wins in any way and if they happened I would appreciate them. After last season and the expectations heading into this season I was not expecting this team to set the world on fire in terms of great stats either. This is still a house money year.....

Next year and the year after I am sure people get more critical. We are not exactly the New England Patriots here are we? No. We are still growing.....

So if honestly I don't want to tear the kid up for a few picks in a game we win I won't do it. I also remember in 1998 not being overly concerned either with 18's interceptions.

Now if the Colts decided to run some college crap on offense and developed the #1 rushing attack in the league....then heck ya I would expect less picks. ;)

I fully have said at times that RG3 is good and talented and might have a bright future. Is that not enough? If people are looking for me to say I think he is better then Luck or is blowing me away then they are talking to the wrong woman. I won't lie to you folks......

Maybe it's just me but I did say this offseason I was looking for wins in any way and if they happened I would appreciate them. After last season and the expectations heading into this season I was not expecting this team to set the world on fire in terms of great stats either. This is still a house money year.....

Next year and the year after I am sure people get more critical. We are not exactly the New England Patriots here are we? No. We are still growing.....

So if honestly I don't want to tear the kid up for a few picks in a game we win I won't do it. I also remember in 1998 not being overly concerned either with 18's interceptions.

Now if the Colts decided to run some college crap on offense and developed the #1 rushing attack in the league....then heck ya I would expect less picks. ;)

I fully have said at times that RG3 is good and talented and might have a bright future. Is that not enough? If people are looking for me to say I think he is better then Luck or is blowing me away then they are talking to the wrong woman. I won't lie to you folks......

No, you don't have to say that Griffin is doing better than 12, but you also don't have to compare his style of play to the highs of using drugs. What would it be like if a Redskin fan said the same thing of 12 if these situations were switched and Griffin was throwing 17 interceptions and 12 had 2? (Whoa, a lot of numbers there...starting to confuse myself lol). In your opinion, 12 is doing better. Cool. In my opinion, Griffin is doing better. Also cool. Hopefully this settles down this thread and kills it once and for all.

RG3 might really be Aaron Rodgers 2.0 but problem is as time goes on I am actually starting to think Rodgers is becoming overrated. Is that crazy or what? He is kind of a front runner QB but I don't feel he is good under adversity enough.

Luck's style so far reminds me more of some of the rugged old school studs; Elway, Moon, Favre in his prime.....

No, you don't have to say that Griffin is doing better than 12, but you also don't have to compare his style of play to the highs of using drugs. What would it be like if a Redskin fan said the same thing of 12 if these situations were switched and Griffin was throwing 17 interceptions and 12 had 2? (Whoa, a lot of numbers there...starting to confuse myself lol). In your opinion, 12 is doing better. Cool. In my opinion, Griffin is doing better. Also cool. Hopefully this settles down this thread and kills it once and for all.

what are you talking about?

Sigh.. Good Lord you are bantering with a vet Colt poster... of many forums and you are trying to .... use "drug" ref?

I am confused. Adrenalin IS a DRUG and Andrew Luck creates ADRENALIN through his play

Same as RG3 . right?

Both are great players and that should be the end of it. Andrew Luck's INT's are so high because he is asked to do more at a play calling stand point. Couple of INT's aren't on him. Nothing trying to sound bias, but I'd take My Colts with Andrew Luck any day!

Sigh.. Good Lord you are bantering with a vet Colt poster... of many forums and you are trying to .... use "drug" ref?

I am confused. Adrenalin IS a DRUG and Andrew Luck creates ADRENALIN through his play

Same as RG3 . right?

Hey the drug references are not that bad. But, maybe old Big Ben is right. Maybe we do get carried way with this stuff and it is like a short term high for us.

But, we have to enjoy it. They will no longer be rookies next year and then we will start to see what they are truly made of.

And if we are in the playoffs and all....well yeah I do realize Luck and this team could get pounded. But, at the same time I won't be stunned if they walk away with an improbable win either.

OMG welcome back 1995 Colts!!!!!!! :)

Same as RG3 . right?

12's play wasn't compared to drugs. Griffin's was. And shortly followed by a word of advice to not use "drugs". My bad if I took it wrong. I am really not trying to be an antagonist here my friend. You are right though; Adrenaline is indeed something that will happen to people watching these two play.

You know the RG3/Rodgers comparison is making more sense to me with their size and styles and personalities the more I think about it.

Wow, Luck has been like a truth serum to me. He has brought back a lot of memories for me too as a kid watching retired greats.

RG3 IS new school. Luck is a throw back to me to me at times though and I could even see Luck playing in eras gone by.

12's play wasn't compared to drugs. Griffin's was. And shortly followed by a word of advice to not use "drugs". My bad if I took it wrong. I am really not trying to be an antagonist here my friend. You are right though; Adrenaline is indeed something that will happen to people watching these two play.

Hey....a lot of what I say now and over the years is tongue in cheek. Sorry if I rubbed anyone the wrong way.

And yes we all probably get natural highs at times watching our faves play the game.

Hey....a lot of what I say now and over the years is tongue in cheek. Sorry if I rubbed anyone the wrong way.

And yes we all probably get natural highs at times watching our faves play the game.

Oh yes...the highs are the best part of football haha. That's why I can't wait for the Super Bowl to get here...no matter who is playing, I'm always pumped the night before and spend alllll day getting prepped for the game. And then, as quickly as it comes, it's over...then I have to tolerate watching the Heat/Lakers dominating the same old teams and getting yet another ring. :bored:

You know the RG3/Rodgers comparison is making more sense to me with their size and styles and personalities the more I think about it.

Wow, Luck has been like a truth serum to me. He has brought back a lot of memories for me too as a kid watching retired greats.

RG3 IS new school. Luck is a throw back to me to me at times though and I could even see Luck playing in eras gone by.

He did already...his name was Unitas. haha

Oh yes...the highs are the best part of football haha. That's why I can't wait for the Super Bowl to get here...no matter who is playing, I'm always pumped the night before and spend alllll day getting prepped for the game. And then, as quickly as it comes, it's over...then I have to tolerate watching the Heat/Lakers dominating the same old teams and getting yet another ring. :bored:

Are the Lakers still able to do that? haha

Now thats a team living off repuation and trying to buy a ring to compete with the Heat. Good Lord. We all know the Heat will likely win it all anyway as long as they are in one piece and in the playoffs.

Are the Lakers still able to do that? haha

Now thats a team living off repuation and trying to buy a ring to compete with the Heat. Good Lord. We all know the Heat will likely win it all anyway as long as they are in one piece and in the playoffs.

Hahaha I hope not. The Lakers are like the Cowboys...in a way. As of late all about the flash and dazzle and living in the limelight as a team America hates but their fanbase oggles. And, sadly, you are right...LeBron will probably get another ring this year. Now that is one athlete that I cannot bear watching win...it's like, why is this happening? It's just not fair. :(

Now Qwiz you know me, I never get into the RG3 vs Luck thing because I give props to both, but I can't resist chiming in about the TJ Yates thing, although I won't get too deep. I understand you're just coming back hard because Jules came after you, but TJ Yates? T.J. Yates was never asked to throw 40 and 50 times a game behind a bad offensive line with no running game.

If he was, I don't think he would have remained the starting quarterback going into the playoffs because he would have thrown so many picks it wouldn't have been funny. They would have sat him down, and put Jeff Garcia in the game. Even with the limited amount of things they asked Yates to do, he still lost 3 out of his 6 regular season games, and the 3(consecutive games) he lost were against really BAD competition. Coincidentally all of the losses came at this exact time of the year, a time where you are saying you would take him "at this point".

Yates won a playoff game, but it was more of a team win more than anything spectacular Yates did. I guarantee if you put Luck on that team with everything they had, there is almost no doubt in my mind your team would have been in the AFCC game if not the Super Bowl. I would never take Yates over Luck under any circumstance.

Now thats what I'm talking about Q Boy. Bravo.

Hahaha yeah sometimes our discussions get foggy due to our obvious team loyalties. 12 is indeed a very good player and I see him resurrecting the Colts and getting the same excitement and awe out of the fanbase with his natural playmaking as Unitas did...except with more than one Super Bowl, I believe.

Hahaha I hope not. The Lakers are like the Cowboys...in a way. As of late all about the flash and dazzle and living in the limelight as a team America hates but their fanbase oggles. And, sadly, you are right...LeBron will probably get another ring this year. Now that is one athlete that I cannot bear watching win...it's like, why is this happening? It's just not fair. :(

In some series there is often "a swing game". Last year it was game 2 vs. Boston which was the one where Rondo go the no call vs. the heat in OT and Lebron alone got 24 FTs.

So yeah be careful if you touch or breath on Lebron James....

Spurs also got jobbed in game 6 in OKC. They wanted Lebron vs. Durant.

Lakers are overrated.

Now Qwiz you know me, I never get into the RG3 vs Luck thing because I give props to both, but I can't resist chiming in about the TJ Yates thing, although I won't get too deep. I understand you're just coming back hard because Jules came after you, but TJ Yates? T.J. Yates was never asked to throw 40 and 50 times a game behind a bad offensive line with no running game.

If he was, I don't think he would have remained the starting quarterback going into the playoffs because he would have thrown so many picks it wouldn't have been funny. They would have sat him down, and put Jeff Garcia in the game. Even with the limited amount of things they asked Yates to do, he still lost 3 out of his 6 regular season games, and the 3(consecutive games) he lost were against really BAD competition. Coincidentally all of the losses came at this exact time of the year, a time where you are saying you would take him "at point".

Yates won a playoff game, but it was more of a team win more than anything spectacular Yates did. I guarantee if you put Luck on that team with everything they had, there is almost no doubt in my mind your team would have been in the AFCC game if not the Super Bowl. I would never take Yates over Luck under any circumstance.

I agree completely with everything you said my friend. I did not seriously mean that I believe our rookie 5th-rounder was better than this guy heralded as being the best since Elway. We were grasping at straws last year and I think deep down inside a lot of us knew that we weren't getting to the big dance with a rookie at QB, and a guy like Yates at that, though I am not discrediting how well he performed for us, which was well enough. Jacoby Jones is the real villain when it comes to that playoff loss haha. :flaming: I wish that we had had 12 last year when we got into the playoffs...with our run game and his athleticism and football I.Q. he might have made things much smoother for a Super Bowl appearance.

If you can't tell that I was joking then my bad. This isn't about "us" versus "them" anyway. I know that 12 is more talented than Yates, I'm making a point by being ironic.

If I'd have seen this I wouldn't have even bothered posting. Cool

If he was, I don't think he would have remained the starting quarterback going into the playoffs because he would have thrown so many picks it wouldn't have been funny. They would have sat him down, and put Jeff Garcia in the game. Even with the limited amount of things they asked Yates to do, he still lost 3 out of his 6 regular season games, and the 3(consecutive games) he lost were against really BAD competition. Coincidentally all of the losses came at this exact time of the year, a time where you are saying you would take him "at point".

I wonder why the Skins don't want RG3 throwing over 30 times a game?

hmmmmm?

In some series there is often "a swing game". Last year it was game 2 vs. Boston which was the one where Rondo go the no call vs. the heat in OT and Lebron alone got 24 FTs.

So yeah be careful if you touch or breath on Lebron James....

Spurs also got jobbed in game 6 in OKC. They wanted Lebron vs. Durant.

Lakers are overrated.

Yeah, a lot of people believe that the game is rigged as well. That Rondo call had me fuming for days. LBJ is the Chosen One it seems and he will get any call he wants, unfortunately. The Lakers, even after acquiring Howard and Nash, are, yes, still very overrated. I don't think Bryant's getting another championship before he retires. In any case, watching is still boring...I mean, we never get Cinderella stories in basketball. I'm sure it will be the Heat, Celtics, or Thunder in the Finals again. Boy, what a surprise. :nutz:

I wonder why the Skins don't want RG3 throwing over 30 times a game?

hmmmmm?

Because opponents would complain about the 78-3 lopsided scores from his trusty, open receivers downfield lol. I wouldn't mind seeing it though hahaha.