Indianapolis Colts
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Hope all the top OT do well so Love falls to 13
    • I like Wirfs and think he's the second best tackle to Thomas, but minor nitpick, 4.85 isn't the record; Armstead had a stupidly fast 4.71 a few years ago. Wirfs combine has been impressive though. I think it's a very strong tackle class at the top; Thomas, Wirfs, Wills, and Jones, don't like Becton but people seem to be high on him, so I'm hoping there's a run of them and it helps us get our QB. 
    • Becton is going to be the biggest bust of the draft if he goes top 15
    • It's official....    Wirfs made himself some serious bank today.    Set or tied several offensive lineman records today....   Great measurements...   height, weight, arms,  hands....    and then he tested!   4.85 forty.   Combine record for O-lineman.    36.5 vertical.    Combine record for O-lineman.    And 10' 1" which ties the O-lineman record.   He's going to move up.   http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001104260/article/iowas-tristan-wirfs-posts-recordbreaking-nfl-combine-workout   That said....    despite having been on a team with Kirk Ferentz as the HC,  Wirfs is in serious need of more good coaching.    He's got some issues that are on tape.   Plus,  despite having elite left tackle skill set,  almost all of his college experience is at....    right tackle.    Why hasn't he been playing more at left tackle.   He's a diamond that needs much more polishing from some really good coaching.         Do I think he's now going to get serious consideration from our coaching staff?    Yes.   We value athletic O-lineman.  Wirfs has it all big time.   Do I think we pick him?    I'd guess no....       I'm beginning to think we stand a 50-50 chance of trading back at least a little so we can pick up more draft capital.   It's just so hard to see Ballard wanting to trade up for just about any position or player.    I wouldn't rule it out, but it's hard to see happening.   Hopefully,  Free Agency gives us clues...  
    • In another thread,  I said of Bechton that he's way, WAY too big for my comfort level.   He's been listed at 369 all season long.    My preference is 325 or less.   But I have to give the kid a shout-out.   Not only did he test exceptionally well for a big man of any size,  but especially his size,   but he also did so at....   359 pounds.   Seems the kid showed up 10 pounds lighter for the combine.    You gotta give credit where it is due.   He's still too big for my comfort level.    If he's this big now,  how big will he be in 5 years,  8 years,  10 years?    That scares me off.   But mad props to him for taking this seriously and showing up trying to be the best he can be.  
  • Members