Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Study Released today show football players even without concussions much more chance of Alzheimer & dementia let alone with them

bayone

Study Released today show football players even without concussions much more chance of Alzheimer & dementia let alone with them

& the more the hits the worse the odds increase

This is a french study and showed football players in general, let alone those with multiple concussions face more chances than thought for problems later in life regarding cognitive abilities

There is no link, heard it on a medical new channel

Not surprised at all. The body was never meant to take hits.

I'll watch football as long as they want to play it but would understand if they didn't.

These studies that have come out over the past few years is why I will try to guide my kid away from football. I would not even be surprised if in 10 - 15 years that football will not be the same game we see now.

The body is just not meant to take that constant pounding.

These studies that have come out over the past few years is why I will try to guide my kid away from football. I would not even be surprised if in 10 - 15 years that football will not be the same game we see now.

The body is just not meant to take that constant pounding.

Yeah. I technically think its a stupid game for that reason. However I'm drawn to it because the immense strategy of the game which other sports don't have.

I am glad I had daughters. My brothers and my dad all played football.

My dad does have a memory problem now although whether it is due to football or other issues is not clear.

All I know is, this is something to be avoided.

They are simply doing something the body isn't meant to do, as other posters mentioned. And Goodell wanted to increase the schedule to 18 games...

Just because the players don't get concussions, doesn't mean they are going to be fine. Constant hits to the head, however small they may be, will pile up and have a terrible result later on in life

They are simply doing something the body isn't meant to do, as other posters mentioned. And Goodell wanted to increase the schedule to 18 games...

Just because the players don't get concussions, doesn't mean they are going to be fine. Constant hits to the head, however small they may be, will pile up and have a terrible result later on in life

The only rant Harrison made on Goodell that gad made some sense was that if he truly was interested in safety he would discuss not an 18 game season but a 14 game one

The only rant Harrison made on Goodell that gad made some sense was that if he truly was interested in safety he would discuss not an 18 game season but a 14 game one

Yeah, it was funny because Goodell kept saying that the fans want an 18 game season, but I didn't hear a single person say they were for an 18 game season

Yeah, it was funny because Goodell kept saying that the fans want an 18 game season, but I didn't hear a single person say they were for an 18 game season

That is why I always laughter when Goodell and the NFL talked about protecting players. Out of one side of their mouths they were blowing smoke up the players and fans butts about safety. Then out of the oth side they were trying to increase the number of games played.

Harrison is completely right when he points out that if the NFL really cared about safety they would decrease the number of games played.

So let me make sure I understand this correctly.......

NFL players spend a lifetime in the game (willingly) from sandlot to Pop Warner (encouraged/sanctioned by parents) to Jr. High School to High School to College, make it to the NFL and then want to play fewer games for a larger share of the pie, greater benefits, yadda yadda.....all while playing with these numerous pre existing physical conditions created during past years & pushing the blame for their "horrendous" life conditions and "caring" onto the NFL. Awesome! ACLU move over, there's a new whiner sheriff in town called the NFLPA.

I take more alternative meds , vitamins, immune boosters &,neutraceuticals etc all only quality that a Dr can get, ,than u would possibly believe, & of cpurse my reg meds etc they do me well now for many years, like your thinking but still wont protect Vs muliple hits,