Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Caldwell Without Peyton

OLD FAN MAN

I am not calling you names, but anyone who really believes that a coach who goes 3-13 in the NFL will automatically get a pass because of injuries is inexperienced in how the NFL works. That's just a fact.

Same with this. A personal Shot and a violation of site rules

That’s why I called you inexperienced. It’s not like you’re not a great fan, because you certainly are. It’s that I don’t think you’re really looking at this with a real tangible understanding of what happens when a team has a losing season like that. Coaches don’t usually keep their job after a grind like that.

Trying to justify your personal shot. Which as noted above, was against the forum rules to begin with

Caldwell will be expected to do the same.

Had Belichick went 3-13 the year he lost Brady then he would have taken some serious heat.

Nonsense. A coach with 3 SB wins does not begin to take heat after a 3-13 season after their star QB goes down in week # 1. I am sure he had built up some credit with the fans and owner.

I am not calling you names, but anyone who really believes that a coach who goes 3-13 in the NFL will automatically get a pass because of injuries is inexperienced in how the NFL works. That's just a fact.

More nonsense.

There are some posters in this board who know what they are talking about and GC8818 is most certainly one of them. He certainly is not an inexperienced fan, which you absolutely called him. What seems obvious to me is how difficult a time you have with people questioning your posts. Every single one seems to get very combative. Maybe it is not the masses...

To the point, if Manning misses the season and the Colts go 3-13, it will depend upon the make up of that season if Caldwell finds his job in jeopardy. If the team just quit on him, then I think he has some issues. But if they played hard every game and were competitive, but just got outmanned in the end, then I think he would be safe.

He got fired because he wouldn't fire a coach because of our defense that was causing us to lose games. Had Edge been there we would have stil lost because that defense couldn't stop Curtis Painter and 10 people on this message board.

The coach in question, one Mr. Vic Fangio and his "Prevent". Prevented us from winning. Then he went to Houston, and they couldn't win either. What a JOKE of a defensive coordinator.

The coach in question, one Mr. Vic Fangio and his "Prevent". Prevented us from winning. Then he went to Houston, and they couldn't win either. What a JOKE of a defensive coordinator.

Texans fan here. Fangio was pretty bad. Then Kubes hired Frank Bush who was even worse. Hopefully he gets it right with Wade Phillips. I was hoping to see Manning play because he is the true test for a defense. I want to see if our guys can get the 3-4 right against an elite QB. Then again Collins is 3-2 agaisnt HOU so this is no sure win for us given our history. Either way I'm excited to get the season started. This is probably HOU best squad and hopefully they can FINALLY it together and have a complete winning season. If Manning doesn't play it would suck for you guys. Anyway good luck.

Wait until Sunday at 1, it will take all the guess work out of what we THINK will happen with Caldwell, Peyton, the season on a whole, and the future of this franchise...Go Colts! On a side note, I think this team preforms at their best when they HAVE too or the media begins calling them out. Example is how our defense stepped up to the occasion and stopped run in 2006 when we entered the playoffs. When picked on, they have more fight. More fight = a more aggressive D and I love that! Again, GO COLTS! Beat the Texans Sunday!

More nonsense.

There are some posters in this board who know what they are talking about and GC8818 is most certainly one of them. He certainly is not an inexperienced fan, which you absolutely called him. What seems obvious to me is how difficult a time you have with people questioning your posts. Every single one seems to get very combative. Maybe it is not the masses...

To the point, if Manning misses the season and the Colts go 3-13, it will depend upon the make up of that season if Caldwell finds his job in jeopardy. If the team just quit on him, then I think he has some issues. But if they played hard every game and were competitive, but just got outmanned in the end, then I think he would be safe.

True, to an extent. With contracts doled out to Clark, Wayne, Freeney, Brackett and Bethea (and recently Collins), I doubt Irsay, as a businessman is going to be satisfied with 3-13 even if we played hard and were competitive in all games should Manning miss the entire season. Wins will matter if the record is that dismal. A 7-9 to 9-7 range on the other hand, can stake its claim for Peyton to have made a 4 or 5 game difference, IMO. Our team has talent at several levels (offensive and defensive) to go at least .500 with Collins but that is just my personal gut feeling, and a record with just 3 or 4 wins would not be acceptable with management or the owner with the amount of talent we have paid for putting us so close to the cap.

I personally do not buy the 3-13 doom and gloom whatsoever (not from you but from the other fans). With our talent, even without Manning for an entire season, we should be in the 7-9 to 9-7 range IF we enjoy good health.

True, to an extent. With contracts doled out to Clark, Wayne, Freeney, Brackett and Bethea (and recently Collins), I doubt Irsay, as a businessman is going to be satisfied with 3-13 even if we played hard and were competitive in all games should Manning miss the entire season. Wins will matter if the record is that dismal. A 7-9 to 9-7 range on the other hand, can stake its claim for Peyton to have made a 4 or 5 game difference, IMO. Our team has talent at several levels (offensive and defensive) to go at least .500 with Collins but that is just my personal gut feeling, and a record with just 3 or 4 wins would not be acceptable with management or the owner with the amount of talent we have paid for putting us so close to the cap.

I personally do not buy the 3-13 doom and gloom whatsoever (not from you but from the other fans). With our talent, even without Manning for an entire season, we should be in the 7-9 to 9-7 range IF we enjoy good health.

It depends on why we lose. If we are losing because we don't have Peyton Manning they aren't going to fire Caldwell for not having Peyton Manning. If we are losing because of bad coaching that's what will get Caldwell in trouble.

I'll admit, I haven't exactly been a huge Caldwell fan. However, IMO this preseaon Caldwell seems to be making a concerted effort to be a little more personable, or animated(if you will). Maybe its just me, but in the preseason games, he has looked a little more comfortable and not so robotronic.

robotic, I think you meant scared or very unsure at least!

I think he'll surprise us.

Since he's a QB coach at hurt, I'm assuming he made the gameplan with Collin's.

It might be interesting how we play these coming weeks, cause there is no way they're gonna have Collin's out there TRYING to be Manning.

He's gonna do his own thing, while our WR, will try and follow suit.

Expect more deep throws to suit Collin's gunslinger style(similar to Favre).

But expect more picks at the same time, he's a bit of a risk taker and a reactor.

But I expect are running backs, and defense to step up big time, just like Ernie Simms said in that past interview about our Commander being down.