Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Caldwell Without Peyton

OLD FAN MAN

Can coach caldwell adapt and find a way for us to win without peyton?

I'm not claiming it's going to be easy and I am not near as confident as I would be with a healthy Manning, but I look at Week 3 of the preseason, the most true to regular season, game. And the Colts starters, offense lead by Curtis Painter, beat the GB starters.

The D had some problems but played well. The offense was inconsistent but when it got clicking it rolled fairly smooth. The special teams played well and CC and Coyer made some great adjustments through-out the half.

With Collins we have a veteran QB, who will not throw 5 TDs in a game but will be consistent, play pretty mistake free, knows how to read a D, manage the games and lead the O to enough points where, if the D plays a good game, the Colts should be able to win.

I'm not claiming it's going to be easy and I am not near as confident as I would be with a healthy Manning, but I look at Week 3 of the preseason, the most true to regular season, game. And the Colts starters, offense lead by Curtis Painter, beat the GB starters.

The D had some problems but played well. The offense was inconsistent but when it got clicking it rolled fairly smooth. The special teams played well and CC and Coyer made some great adjustments through-out the half.

With Collins we have a veteran QB, who will not throw 5 TDs in a game but will be consistent, play pretty mistake free, knows how to read a D, manage the games and lead the O to enough points where, if the D plays a good game, the Colts should be able to win.

I agree we can find a way to win, and I am excited to see how we handle the game plan without peyton, and also peyton will be part of the qb plan on the sidelines.

Caldwell must find a way for us to win without Peyton. I think one of the ways he was adjusting to having to coach a few games without Peyton was by bringing in Collins. Even Caldwell isn't sold on Painter as a solid NFL QB yet. That's one way that he (and management) has adjusted to help us win without Peyton.

First of all if he doesn't he's going to get a pass just like any coach would that lost his super star player.

With that said I loved his quote today.

"It's my job to get this team ready to play on Sunday and win the game and if we don't there is a problem."

I know that doesn't sound all that shocking but the way he said it just sounded like a leader to me. I really think he's going growing into his job. Hopefully he has done just that we need a leader now more than ever.

Caldwell must find a way for us to win without Peyton. I think one of the ways he was adjusting to having to coach a few games without Peyton was by bringing in Collins. Even Caldwell isn't sold on Painter as a solid NFL QB yet. That's one way that he (and management) has adjusted to help us win without Peyton.

Caldwell will look good if he finds a way to win without peyton. This will answer the question, is he a good coach?

First of all if he doesn't he's going to get a pass just like any coach would that lost his super star player.

"It's my job to get this team ready to play on Sunday and win the game and if we don't there is a problem."

I know that doesn't sound all that shocking but the way he said it just sounded like a leader to me. I really think he's going growing into his job. Hopefully he has done just that we need a leader now more than ever.

It sounds like losing peyton is not an excuse to lose

Guest BlueShoe

I don't think he will get a pass. Jim Mora didn't get a pass. In my opinion, this is going to be a year where Caldwell really has to earn his money. It's gonna be tough, but I will be rooting for him to succeed the entire way!

I'll admit, I haven't exactly been a huge Caldwell fan. However, IMO this preseaon Caldwell seems to be making a concerted effort to be a little more personable, or animated(if you will). Maybe its just me, but in the preseason games, he has looked a little more comfortable and not so robotronic.

I don't think Caldwell had anything to do with bringing in Collins. He acted like he didn't want to talk about it when we first brought Collins on board.

That's nothing major to me. Colts personnel rarely discuss things like this and when it's something concerning the health of our franchise player, they were probably even more tight-lipped.

I don't think he will get a pass. Jim Mora didn't get a pass. In my opinion, this is going to be a year where Caldwell really has to earn his money. It's gonna be tough, but I will be rooting for him to succeed the entire way!

Jim Mora didn't lose Peyton Manning. Jim Mora didn't get fired because we couldn't run the ball after Edge went down (because we could thank you Rhodes) he got fired because he wouldn't fire DC because healthy that defense couldn't stop anyone.

Also Mora's track record was one of a .500 coach here and 0-2 in the playoffs. Caldwell is 26-10 and been to a Super Bowl. If we struggle this year and Peyton misses major time the Colts office is going to give him a pass because of the Manning injury. You are kidding yourself to think otherwise.

Guest BlueShoe

Jim Mora didn't lose Peyton Manning. Jim Mora didn't get fired because we couldn't run the ball after Edge went down (because we could thank you Rhodes) he got fired because he wouldn't fire DC because healthy that defense couldn't stop anyone.

Oh yeah he did. Jim Mora lost Peyton Manning during the season on more levels than just one. They lost respect for one another to the point they brought it into the media. Peyton got his jaw broke and had to eat out of a straw for weeks which made him weak. Peyton also said that during that season he had even thought about quitting football. Mora lost Peyton.

Bill Polian brought in a bunch of players that didn’t even fit Fangio’s scheme. He had Bratzke dropping back into zone coverage which was one of the most unbelievable things I have ever witnessed. Cota was coming up trying to lay the lumber on people and just bouncing off of everyone like a rag doll. When Mora questioned the talent that he had to work with on defense then it was a curtain call. Polian told Mora to fire Fangio or be fired and Mora refused.

Also Mora's track record was one of a .500 coach here and 0-2 in the playoffs. Caldwell is 26-10 and been to a Super Bowl. If we struggle this year and Peyton misses major time the Colts office is going to give him a pass because of the Manning injury. You are kidding yourself to think otherwise.

Mora also took over a 3-13 team that was in disarray and had to start a rookie quarterback. Even as great as Peyton was, getting 3 wins out of his rookie season was more than we could have ever expected. Caldwell took over a seasoned veteran team that had already won a Super Bowl.

You can’t seriously bring that to this conversation. They have no merit even be discussed in the same ball park here.

Caldwell will have to win without Peyton because he will be expected to win right now. The NFL doesn’t wait for anyone or give anyone any passes. Caldwell will be on the hot seat if we start off 0-6. Mark that down because that is the reality of any NFL coach no matter who they lose to injury.

Oh yeah he did. Jim Mora lost Peyton Manning during the season on more levels than just one. They lost respect for one another to the point they brought it into the media. Peyton got his jaw broke and had to eat out of a straw for weeks which made him weak. Peyton also said that during that season he had even thought about quitting football. Mora lost Peyton.

Bill Polian brought in a bunch of players that didn’t even fit Fangio’s scheme. He had Bratzke dropping back into zone coverage which was one of the most unbelievable things I have ever witnessed. Cota was coming up trying to lay the lumber on people and just bouncing off of everyone like a rag doll. When Mora questioned the talent that he had to work with on defense then it was a curtain call. Polian told Mora to fire Fangio or be fired and Mora refused.

Mora also took over a 3-13 team that was in disarray and had to start a rookie quarterback. Even as great as Peyton was, getting 3 wins out of his rookie season was more than we could have ever expected. Caldwell took over a seasoned veteran team that had already won a Super Bowl.

You can’t seriously bring that to this conversation. They have no merit even be discussed in the same ball park here.

Caldwell will have to win without Peyton because he will be expected to win right now. The NFL doesn’t wait for anyone or give anyone any passes. Caldwell will be on the hot seat if we start off 0-6. Mark that down because that is the reality of any NFL coach no matter who they lose to injury.

If you don't see the difference in missing one play due to an injury and missing time like Manning is going to do now I don't know what to tell you.

So coach's record doesn't matter? Have you stopped look at Mora's records while here? Mora went 3-13, 13-3, 10-6, 6-10. You see what was going on there? They were going down. The team was regressing and while he did lose Edge to injury the last year it didn't criple us like most people are going to say losing Manning will. We still had a 1,000 yard back in Rhodes after Edge went down. We weren't losing games because of the injury to the running back spot. We were losing games because of our defense and that unit had very few injuries that year. They just weren't good. If we lose games this year I think most people are going to say it's because of our QB. Now if Collins comes in and throws for 4000 yards and 30 TDs like Manning would and we are losing for something other than QB point then you might very well have a point that Manning is a none factor like Edge being out was. However, I have a feeling if Collins has a season like that we aren't going to lose many games just like we wouldn't if Manning was healthy.

Had Mora's teams gone 14-2, gone to a Super Bowl, followed up with a very injury riddled 10-6 team that rallied to win the division when no one gave them a chance to when they were 6-6 and then gone 6-10 after Manning went out Mora would have survived that. However, that's not what happened. He was a .500 coach the time he was here had not won a playoff game and was losing games with his most important player out there and because of unit that was healthy. Even then they weren't going to fire him. They fired him because he wouldn't fire the DC who needed to be let go. The Colts are extremely loyal. If we have a bad year this year and Peyton is out for a major amount of time Caldwell is coming back. The Colts aren't looking for a reason to dump like most fans are.

The rules are very different with Manning being out. A lot of people yourself included based on your thread yesterday think this a 3-13 without Manning. So if Caldwell loses it's not the same as if they lose with Manning. It's just not. If you don't understand then you don't understand it fine. People don't expect us to win without Manning. If we do it's going to be a very pleasent surprise. With Manning they do expect us to win so if we didn't win with him then aren't meeting exppectations, if we lose without him we are. It would have been like the Cavs firing their coach this year because they didn't win without LeBron. People look at things beyond the numbers and people are going to say oh you didn't have Peyton Manning, who many people feel is the most important player to his team in all of sports, no wonder you didn't win.

If you don't see the difference in missing one play due to an injury and missing time like Manning is going to do now I don't know what to tell you.

So coach's record doesn't matter? Have you stopped look at Mora's records while here? Mora went 3-13, 13-3, 10-6, 6-10. You see what was going on there? They were going down. The team was regressing and while he did lose Edge to injury the last year it didn't criple us like most people are going to say losing Manning will. We still had a 1,000 yard back in Rhodes after Edge went down. We weren't losing games because of the injury to the running back spot. We were losing games because of our defense and that unit had very few injuries that year. They just weren't good. If we lose games this year I think most people are going to say it's because of our QB. Now if Collins comes in and throws for 4000 yards and 30 TDs like Manning would and we are losing for something other than QB point then you might very well have a point that Manning is a none factor like Edge being out was. However, I have a feeling if Collins has a season like that we aren't going to lose many games just like we wouldn't if Manning was healthy.

Had Mora's teams gone 14-2, gone to a Super Bowl, followed up with a very injury riddled 10-6 team that rallied to win the division when no one gave them a chance to when they were 6-6 and then gone 6-10 after Manning went out Mora would have survived that. However, that's not what happened. He was a .500 coach the time he was here had not won a playoff game and was losing games with his most important player out there and because of unit that was healthy. Even then they weren't going to fire him. They fired him because he wouldn't fire the DC who needed to be let go. The Colts are extremely loyal. If we have a bad year this year and Peyton is out for a major amount of time Caldwell is coming back. The Colts aren't looking for a reason to dump like most fans are.

The rules are very different with Manning being out. A lot of people yourself included based on your thread yesterday think this a 3-13 without Manning. So if Caldwell loses it's not the same as if they lose with Manning. It's just not. If you don't understand then you don't understand it fine. People don't expect us to win without Manning. If we do it's going to be a very pleasent surprise. With Manning they do expect us to win so if we didn't win with him then aren't meeting exppectations, if we lose without him we are. It would have been like the Cavs firing their coach this year because they didn't win without LeBron. People look at things beyond the numbers and people are going to say oh you didn't have Peyton Manning, who many people feel is the most important player to his team in all of sports, no wonder you didn't win.

If Collins throws for 4000 yds & 30 TDs and they suck I'm going to be REALLY ticked!! Atleast it would definitely show there are other significant problems, lol.

If Collins throws for 4000 yds & 30 TDs and they suck I'm going to be REALLY ticked!! Atleast it would definitely show there are other significant problems, lol.

I would agree that's the one way I see Caldwell getting fired without Manning. IF Collins throws for 4000 yards and 30 TDs and we go 6-10 he'll be gone because then you can't blame the Manning injury for us losing unless Collins also throws for something like 99999999999999999 INTs to go with it.

Guest BlueShoe

One play? Wow! I was at that game and Peyton came back and fought with everything he had, but even he has said that he was on the verge of quitting that year. He said that he was not having fun playing football anymore. As the season wore on, Peyton gave up a little more each week.

So coach's record doesn't matter?

I am saying the record DOES matter. I don’t know how to spell it out any clearer than I have.

Have you stopped look at Mora's records while here?

Stopped and looked at it? I lived it and reflected on it not only that year but several years after the fact.

Mora went 3-13, 13-3, 10-6, 6-10.

In 2001, when we went 6-10, we lost Edgerrin and Peyton was throwing pick six’s like it was Halloween for defenses. Mora did not get a pass even though there was a lot of reasons why things fell apart that had little to do with Jim Mora. Now Mora didn’t handle himself the right way in my opinion as the season dragged along, but that wasn’t all Mora’s fault. Yet Mora is the one who paid the ultimate price with his job.

You see what was going on there? They were going down.

What would be the difference if Caldwell was to go 14-2, 10-6, and then 3-13?

You can’t have it both ways. Caldwell would have to answer some tough questions and could very well lose his job for that.

The team was regressing and while he did lose Edge to injury the last year it didn't criple us like most people are going to say losing Manning will.

At that time, because our defense was falling apart, it did cripple us when we lost Edgerrin and Peyton was playing with a broken jaw. Rhodes actually played well (UDFA for 1,000 yards) but it wasn’t enough. Our team fell apart.

He was a .500 coach the time he was here had not won a playoff game and was losing games with his most important player out there and because of unit that was healthy.

It is amazing to me how inexperienced some fans really are. We will see what kind of coach Caldwell is this year without Peyton. That is when the chips will be on the table for Caldwell. You see Jim Mora actually had a very successful career in New Orleans before he came here and Peyton had known him since he was a little kid, yet things fell apart for Mora. We will see how well Caldwell handles this situation. I am rooting for him, but he is running uphill at best in this situation.

The rules are very different with Manning being out.

No they are not. The rules don’t change for any coach because they lose a player or players. Someone has to answer and take blame and losing Peyton is no excuse for a team to go 3-13. Do you think Polian is going to tell Jim Irsay that it is his fault? Of course he is not!

honest, you both intrigue me, blue colts and colts1888,

last year there was no excuses, we lost 17players to injuries and still over came adversity, the way i see it, yes we loose our franchise player, 1 player, but its 1 player in contrast to 17, we field what 11 and 11 for offense and defense,

i am going for caldwell, have confidence in this man, especially after last years great feat, although he did make mistakes, perfection- is never attainable,

if the colts suck, i really do not want to say caldwell get fired, but maybe it will be a dawn of a new era, the last 4 yrs era of manning and coach X--

but i really have this feeling, caldwell will proove many or most people wrong, and if we get to the superbowl, dungy, will love this man off,lol

No they are not. The rules don’t change for any coach because they lose a player or players. Someone has to answer and take blame and losing Peyton is no excuse for a team to go 3-13. Do you think Polian is going to tell Jim Irsay that it is his fault? Of course he is not!

Ah, you can see the future and see that the Colts are going to go 3-13??? Awesome! I wish I could do that, I've tried but I can't. Hmm let me see if were only going to win 3 games, I'll say those games will be Jags & Titans @ Lucas oil. Hmmmmmmm, then let me think of the only other team the Colts will even have a remote chance of beating, I say @ Cincy. There's no way the Colts could beat Caronlina, KC, Clev, Tampa, Balt - ppfft no way, no way we could possibly go 4-2 in our division as well, (sarcasm included). no way they will have any upsets either.

One play? Wow! I was at that game and Peyton came back and fought with everything he had, but even he has said that he was on the verge of quitting that year. He said that he was not having fun playing football anymore. As the season wore on, Peyton gave up a little more each week.

Yeah so was I, again if you don't see the difference in missing one play due to an injury vs. the chance of Manning missing several games due to an injury I don't know what to tell you... They aren't the samething.

In 2001, when we went 6-10, we lost Edgerrin and Peyton was throwing pick six’s like it was Halloween for defenses. Mora did not get a pass even though there was a lot of reasons why things fell apart that had little to do with Jim Mora. Now Mora didn’t handle himself the right way in my opinion as the season dragged along, but that wasn’t all Mora’s fault. Yet Mora is the one who paid the ultimate price with his job.

We didn't lose because of the Edge injury. Rhodes ran for 1000 yards that season. It had NOTHING to do with why Mora got let go. Trying to compare that to now with Manning is comparing apples to oranges unless Collins has a Manning type year. We lost because we had ZERO defense and frankly the defense was healthy so you can't blame injuries for it to try to compare it to the Manning situation now. Despite that they were going to keep Mora till he wouldn't fire a coach, that should probably tell you something about Caldwell's chances of keeping his job even if they don't win this year.

What would be the difference if Caldwell was to go 14-2, 10-6, and then 3-13?

Peyton Manning being hurt... Again if you don't understand the difference in Manning being hurt vs Edge being hurt and still having a 1,000 yard rusher I don't know what to tell you. Mora didn't get fired because of the Edge injury. He got fired because he wouldn't fire a coach because of our defense that was causing us to lose games. Had Edge been there we would have stil lost because that defense couldn't stop Curtis Painter and 10 people on this message board. It's a different situation. If Manning were out there this year and we went 3-13 with Manning yes Caldwell would be in danger of losing his job but he's not. If we lose this year it's probably going to be because we don't have Manning.

You can’t have it both ways. Caldwell would have to answer some tough questions and could very well lose his job for that.

Different situations as I spelled uot for you above.

At that time, because our defense was falling apart, it did cripple us when we lost Edgerrin and Peyton was playing with a broken jaw. Rhodes actually played well (UDFA for 1,000 yards) but it wasn’t enough. Our team fell apart.

Which is my point we didn't lose because we didn't have Edge and Peyton himself has said the broken jaw didn't really effect his play had it he would have not played. It's not like he was playing with a dislocated shoulder or something it was his jaw and they did all kinds of stories about it at the time and Manning said it was a little more sore than nomral and he had to wear extra padding on it but that was it.

It is amazing to me how inexperienced some fans really are. We will see what kind of coach Caldwell is this year without Peyton. That is when the chips will be on the table for Caldwell. You see Jim Mora actually had a very successful career in New Orleans before he came here and Peyton had known him since he was a little kid, yet things fell apart for Mora. We will see how well Caldwell handles this situation. I am rooting for him, but he is running uphill at best in this situation.

So now that I don't agree with your opinion I am inexperienced? Again this coming from the person who is screaming that he is entitled to his opinion in another thread and felt the need to start a thread asking people not to call him a bandwagon fan because we didn't like his opinion. It's a two way street buddy, you don't want to be called names for having your opinion that people don't like stop calling others names for having theirs that you don't like.

And Caldwell has been Manning's QB coach since 2002, are you trying to tell me that Manning doesn't have some kinda relationship with Caldwell? No one brought Mora's coaching record in New Orleans into questions what does that have to do with anything? In fact what does Mora's relationship with Manning have to do anything? I knew about it just had nothing to do with what we were talking about it so I didn't feel the need to bring it up.

Yes they are and if you don't understand it then fine. Jim Irsay is smart enough to look at the situation and go we didn't have our all world QB no wonder we didn't win.

Guest BlueShoe

Yeah so was I, again if you don't see the difference in missing one play due to an injury vs. the chance of Manning missing several games due to an injury I don't know what to tell you... They aren't the samething.

Peyton physically missed one play in 2001. Ironically we fumbled the ball on the handoff in that play, but he wasn’t there for most of the year. I have spelled it out over and over to the point that I am just repeating myself now. Peyton was not Peyton in 2001. He was ready to quit. Those were his words later; not mine.

We didn't lose because of the Edge injury. Rhodes ran for 1000 yards that season. It had NOTHING to do with why Mora got let go. Trying to compare that to now with Manning is comparing apples to oranges unless Collins has a Manning type year. We lost because we had ZERO defense and frankly the defense was healthy so you can't blame injuries for it to try to compare it to the Manning situation now. Despite that they were going to keep Mora till he wouldn't fire a coach, that should probably tell you something about Caldwell's chances of keeping his job even if they don't win this year.

Again, I am repeating myself and you’re not listening. You just concerned about making your point. You can have your opinion and I will have mine.

Peyton Manning being hurt... Again if you don't understand the difference in Manning being hurt vs Edge being hurt and still having a 1,000 yard rusher I don't know what to tell you. Mora didn't get fired because of the Edge injury. He got fired because he wouldn't fire a coach because of our defense that was causing us to lose games. Had Edge been there we would have stil lost because that defense couldn't stop Curtis Painter and 10 people on this message board. It's a different situation. If Manning were out there this year and we went 3-13 with Manning yes Caldwell would be in danger of losing his job but he's not. If we lose this year it's probably going to be because we don't have Manning.

Peyton was hurt that year too. He played but he wasn’t the same. He had a nutritionist trying to keep him in shape because he couldn’t physically chew food. Do you have any idea how that would affect a star athlete? Obviously not.

Which is my point we didn't lose because we didn't have Edge and Peyton himself has said the broken jaw didn't really effect his play had it he would have not played. It's not like he was playing with a dislocated shoulder or something it was his jaw and they did all kinds of stories about it at the time and Manning said it was a little more sore than nomral and he had to wear extra padding on it but that was it.

Didn’t affect his play? Did you see the passes he was making in that 49ers game? It was unreal. He was throwing balls as if he didn’t even care where they ended up. It affected him. There is no doubt. How could it not. Playing the rest of the season with a broken jaw. Are you kidding me? His mouth was wired shut. He was even having trouble with his cadence.

So now that I don't agree with your opinion I am inexperienced? Again this coming from the person who is screaming that he is entitled to his opinion in another thread and felt the need to start a thread asking people not to call him a bandwagon fan because we didn't like his opinion. It's a two way street buddy, you don't want to be called names for having your opinion that people don't like stop calling others names for having theirs that you don't like.

Not because you disagree with me. I said that because you actually think a coach would get a pass for going 3-13 because he had injuries on his team. That’s not going to happen and thinking so would be inexperienced. I don’t care who you are, even Bill Belichick would be worried if the Pats went 3-13.

And Caldwell has been Manning's QB coach since 2002, are you trying to tell me that Manning doesn't have some kinda relationship with Caldwell? No one brought Mora's coaching record in New Orleans into questions what does that have to do with anything? In fact what does Mora's relationship with Manning have to do anything? I knew about it just had nothing to do with what we were talking about it so I didn't feel the need to bring it up.

Never said he didn’t have a relationship. Peyton practiced with the Saints when he was a little kid. He knew Mora from his childhood days. That’s a bond. Peyton and Caldwell have a working relationship.

Yes they are and if you don't understand it then fine. Jim Irsay is smart enough to look at the situation and go we didn't have our all world QB no wonder we didn't win.

Jim Irsay is smart but he is not going to give any coach a pass who goes 3-13. First he is going to have a serious conversation with Polian as to why we lost so many games. Then Polian is going to have a choice. Either he says that he didn’t provide good enough talent for us to be a winner without Peyton or he says that Caldwell didn’t use the resources that he had. Somebody has to take the blame here. Do you really think Polian will take that blame? He didn’t with Mora now did he? That mess became a media circus.

Bottom line is that Caldwell is expected to win by Polian and Irsay with or without Peyton. That’s what he is paid to do. Now if Caldwell were to go 9-7 then I think he would be in good shape. But if he goes 3-13 then it gets real ugly. You see I don’t think you’re thinking things through all the way here. A 3-13 season is not just a number. It becomes more real as the season goes along and it has dire effects on a team and its fan base.

Imagine 0-1. Then 0-2. Then 0-3. Then 0-4. Then maybe 1-4. Then 1-5. Then 1-6. Then 1-7. Then 1-8. Then 1-8. Then maybe 2-8. Then 2-9. Then 2-10, Then 2-11. Then 2-12. Then 2-13. Then 3-13. Think how that would affect everyone involved if it took place over 17 weeks.

That’s why I called you inexperienced. It’s not like you’re not a great fan, because you certainly are. It’s that I don’t think you’re really looking at this with a real tangible understanding of what happens when a team has a losing season like that. Coaches don’t usually keep their job after a grind like that.

Peyton physically missed one play in 2001. Ironically we fumbled the ball on the handoff in that play, but he wasn’t there for most of the year. I have spelled it out over and over to the point that I am just repeating myself now. Peyton was not Peyton in 2001. He was ready to quit. Those were his words later; not mine.

Again, I am repeating myself and you’re not listening. You just concerned about making your point. You can have your opinion and I will have mine.

Peyton was hurt that year too. He played but he wasn’t the same. He had a nutritionist trying to keep him in shape because he couldn’t physically chew food. Do you have any idea how that would affect a star athlete? Obviously not.

Didn’t affect his play? Did you see the passes he was making in that 49ers game? It was unreal. He was throwing balls as if he didn’t even care where they ended up. It affected him. There is no doubt. How could it not. Playing the rest of the season with a broken jaw. Are you kidding me? His mouth was wired shut. He was even having trouble with his cadence.

Not because you disagree with me. I said that because you actually think a coach would get a pass for going 3-13 because he had injuries on his team. That’s not going to happen and thinking so would be inexperienced. I don’t care who you are, even Bill Belichick would be worried if the Pats went 3-13.

Never said he didn’t have a relationship. Peyton practiced with the Saints when he was a little kid. He knew Mora from his childhood days. That’s a bond. Peyton and Caldwell have a working relationship.

Jim Irsay is smart but he is not going to give any coach a pass who goes 3-13. First he is going to have a serious conversation with Polian as to why we lost so many games. Then Polian is going to have a choice. Either he says that he didn’t provide good enough talent for us to be a winner without Peyton or he says that Caldwell didn’t use the resources that he had. Somebody has to take the blame here. Do you really think Polian will take that blame? He didn’t with Mora now did he? That mess became a media circus.

Bottom line is that Caldwell is expected to win by Polian and Irsay with or without Peyton. That’s what he is paid to do. Now if Caldwell were to go 9-7 then I think he would be in good shape. But if he goes 3-13 then it gets real ugly. You see I don’t think you’re thinking things through all the way here. A 3-13 season is not just a number. It becomes more real as the season goes along and it has dire effects on a team and its fan base.

Imagine 0-1. Then 0-2. Then 0-3. Then 0-4. Then maybe 1-4. Then 1-5. Then 1-6. Then 1-7. Then 1-8. Then 1-8. Then maybe 2-8. Then 2-9. Then 2-10, Then 2-11. Then 2-12. Then 2-13. Then 3-13. Think how that would affect everyone involved if it took place over 17 weeks.

That’s why I called you inexperienced. It’s not like you’re not a great fan, because you certainly are. It’s that I don’t think you’re really looking at this with a real tangible understanding of what happens when a team has a losing season like that. Coaches don’t usually keep their job after a grind like that.

I am not inexperienced I just have a different opinion than you. Again, you don't want to be called a band wagon fan when you are stating your opinion that we are a 3-13 football team without Manning and people don't like it so please stop calling me names becuse you don't like my opinion. Jim Caldwell is not geting fired if we go 3-13 unless Kerry Collins has a Peyton Manning type year. There are injuries to players and then there is losing a guy that people call the "franchise". People understand without Peyton Manning this is a very different team and they aren't going to punish Jim Caldwell for something he had zero control over that might have derailed his season before it ever got started.

Guest BlueShoe

I am not inexperienced I just have a different opinion than you. Again, you don't want to be called a band wagon fan when you are stating your opinion that we are a 3-13 football team and people don't like stop calling me names becuse you don't like my opinion. Jim Caldwell is not geting fired if we go 3-13 unless Kerry Collins has a Peyton Manning type year. There are injuries to players and then there is losing a guy that people call the "franchise". People understand without Peyton Manning this is a very different team and they aren't going to punish Jim Caldwell for something he had zero control over that might have derailed his season before it ever got started.

I am not calling you names, but anyone who really believes that a coach who goes 3-13 in the NFL will automatically get a pass because of injuries is inexperienced in how the NFL works. That's just a fact.

I am not calling you names, but anyone who really believes that a coach who goes 3-13 in the NFL will automatically get a pass because of injuries is inexperienced in how the NFL works. That's just a fact.

No it's not a fact. You don't just chalk Peyton Manning being hurt up to any other injury. It's a different situation. If Manning is out and we are losing games because Manning is out it's going to be viewed very differently than if we are losing games and Manning was in there.

Again, I am asking please stop calling me an inexperienced fan. People respected you when you asked them to stop calling you a bandwagon fan even though they disagreed with your opinion it would be nice if you would show some respect back and stop calling people bias and inexperienced that don't agree with yours.

Guest BlueShoe

No it's not a fact. You don't just chalk Peyton Manning being hurt up to any other injury. It's a different situation. If Manning is out and we are losing games because Manning is out it's going to be viewed very differently than if we are losing games and Manning was in there.

Again, I am asking please stop calling me an inexperienced fan. People respected you when you asked them to stop calling you a bandwagon fan even though they disagreed with your opinion it would be nice if you would show some respect back and stop calling people bias and inexperienced that don't agree with yours.

How many 3-13 coaches keep their job man? Coaches do not get passes in this league for losing just because they have injuries. How do you not see this? History says I am 100% correct here.

Guest BlueShoe

Ummm, look up the great Bill B's record without T Brady. You win with "great players" and esp "great QB's"

Caldwell will be expected to do the same.

Had Belichick went 3-13 the year he lost Brady then he would have taken some serious heat.

How many 3-13 coaches keep their job man? Coaches do not get passes in this league for losing just because they have injuries. How do you not see this? History says I am 100% correct here.

Funny you should say that, Jim Mora was 3-13 his first year and kept his job...

If it's a different situation like your first year on the job (Mora) or your super star player being out for the year it can and does happen. No it doesn't happen often but Peyton Manning being out counts as a different situation.

With that said fine you think Caldwell out at the end of the year if we struggle without Manning go a head and think that I am done.

Guest BlueShoe

Funny you should say that, Jim Mora was 3-13 his first year and kept his job...

If it's a different situation like your first year on the job (Mora) or your super star player being out for the year it can and does happen. No it doesn't happen often but Peyton Manning being out counts as a different situation.

With that said fine you think Caldwell out at the end of the year if we struggle without Manning go a head and think that I am done.

Yeah and he took over a team coming off of a 3-13 season with a rookie QB starting every game. We had a brand new Front Office and all new coaching staff.

Not even close to being in the same ball park as to what is going on now. This Front Office has been here for 13 going on 14 years now.

It is amazing to me how inexperienced some fans really are.

FYI, this is an example of personal shots and as you well know, is against board rules.

We have posted reminders about this before and can see that they have no effect on the name calling.

Perhaps this will help make it clear

Name calling is the last refuge of the out-argued. Post your facts and opinions, not insults

or this

name-calling is the lowest form of debate and indicates you have no cogent point to make