Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Yep.

I say we wait for Watkins or Lee next year.

If we win 8-10 games next year -- not a lock by any means -- what do you think the chances are that either Watkins or Lee will be around when we pick? You simply can't wait a year hoping for one or two specific guys.... guys who might likely be long gone by the time we pick.

And as for Woods not being the best WR on his own team, come on, you know that's completely misleading.... one team can have two first round picks on it... it's no shame not being as good as Marquees Lee. I'm not sure yet if I even want Lee, but I wouldn't write him off because of Lee. I'd be much more concerned about his health. He's been playing with a bad ankle for two years now. His medical report from the combine is going to be one of the more highly anticipated reports to come out of Indy.

I'd rather get a WR later and a bigger one at that like

Jordan Matthews

Aaron Dobson

Emory Blake

Dan Buckner

We need a WR that can go up and get the ball, Grigson and Arians has shown an infatuation with much smaller speedy wr's though but donw in the Red Zone you need size

there are bigger needs on the team then wr and woods stock is falling,hes more likely to go in the 2nd. now if justin hunter falls to us it's gonna be hard to pass up because of his size and speed.

Hunter is the only WR in the first round I would even think for a second in taking. If we to get one this year Patterson or Rogers could possibly be there in the third.

If Marqise Lee comes out in 2014, I would not mind him then.

If we just want a slot guy that runs good routes, we can go get Danny Amendola in free agency or Stedman Bailey in round 3 in the draft to replace Collie. But with the limited number of picks and enough offensive weapons drafted in the previous one, defense and O-line depth is all I would like us draft.

I'd rather get a WR later and a bigger one at that like

Jordan Matthews

Aaron Dobson

Emory Blake

Dan Buckner

We need a WR that can go up and get the ball, Grigson and Arians has shown an infatuation with much smaller speedy wr's though but donw in the Red Zone you need size

Ditto on Dobson

Lee has had his sucess do alot to his speed. Woods is more polished and when fully healthy stll pretty fast. Lee is grat but its his speed that really gets him alot of his stats. And Watkins next year is not vonna happen. Well probably be pick too too low. I Want defense in the first though.

Woods will be a far better NFL receiver than Lee. Better hands, routes and blocking. Woods is a faster Marvin Harrison. That said, I don't want a receiver in the first.

Ya he's a faster version of the hall of farmer Marvin Harrison. Child please

Lee has had his sucess do alot to his speed. Woods is more polished and when fully healthy stll pretty fast. Lee is grat but its his speed that really gets him alot of his stats. And Watkins next year is not vonna happen. Well probably be pick too too low. I Want defense in the first though.

Ya it is ashame a lot of his success is do to his speed tell that to randy moss, to, or mike wallace

Let's be honest here. Woods, as great of a receiver as he is, has almost no upside. He's at the peak of his growth as a receiver. He's a pretty polished route runner, has good hands and average speed. He's probably gonna go in the 1st round. Is he a player with great value? NO! The best value of any WR is probably Quinton Patton, Louisiana Tech. 6'2, 205 pounds. 4.45 speed, with great route running skills. Only thing he has to work on is his hands. Other than that, the man is a beast. Probably gonna go around 4th or 5th round, so he would really be a great pick up for the Colts. NFL.com compared him to Reggie Wayne.