Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Teams To Watch Out For & Teams Who Won't Live Up Predictions

CCH

Just a thread giving your opinions of teams to look out for and teams that will drop off. I'll start:

Teams to Look Out For:

Detroit Lions - Matthew Stafford is heading into his 3rd season, and has looked very solid in the preseason, and Jhavid Best has the skills of Jamal Charles when healthy. They also have one of the best defensive players in the league in A Boy Named Suh. If they can stay healthy, I expect them to compete for the NFC North until the very end. 11-5

St. Louis Rams - Sam Bradford is going into his 2nd season in the NFL, but if I hadn't known any better I'd think he's going into his 5th. After throwing over 3,500 yards in his rookie year, I expect Bradford to improve in every category this season and cut down on his interceptions. I predict he'll have 4,100 yards 26 TDs and 9 INTs. The Rams also have one of the toughest men in the NFL: Steven Jackson. In the incredibly bad NFC West they should win without any problems. 12-4

Teams That Will Drop Off:

Atlanta Falcons - Many people have the Falcons in the Super Bowl this year, but I'm not as optimistic about the Dirty Birds this year. Matt Ryan has yet to win a single playoff game, he was destroyed by the Packers with HFA last year, and I don't think he's ready to lead the Falcons to a Super Bowl yet. Roddy White is approaching 30 years old, and the wear and tear on Michael Turner is going to take its toll on the Faclon's run game this year. There is also the question if Tony Gonzalez has anything left in the tank. They'll still be a good team, but The Saints and Bucs are going to give them huge problems this year. They'll go 10-6 which is pretty decent but they're still going to come short of reaching the playoffs. 10-6

New York Jets - Mark Sanchez is NOT a Super Bowl winning QB, heck, I'm not sure he's a playoff QB. Rex Ryan has too much faith in old WRs Santonio Holmes, Plaxico Burress and Derrick Mason. Not to mention they're TE Dustin Keller has shaky hands...not the best match for Sanchez's poor accuracy. The improved Dolphins and the dominant Patriots will knock them out of the playoffs. 9-7

i disagree about the falcons. i think matt is up and coming elite QB. yes hes had a tough time in the playoffs, but guess who else has his name rythems with meyton ranning. not to mention all the offensive weapons they have in white,turner,snelling,douglas, gonzo, and the rookie jones. dont sleep on the falcons

Guest BlueShoe

I think the Browns are a dark horse this year in the AFC. They are building a great team.

The Rams and Lions will make huge improvements too.

And finally, the one that might not be popular on this board; I think this is finally the year that Houston makes up that ground and wins the AFC South (If we lose Peyton for an extended time). The media has been saying it for years and I have laughed it off, but now it is theirs for the taking.

I think the Rams, Lions and the Bucs are to watch out for. The Cowboys, Cards, and Jets are not going to live up to expectations.

I agree with everything but the Cards. Not because I think they will live up to expectations, but do they even have expectations? Do they expect to win the division and make the Super Bowl again? That certainly won't happen next season, even a division title is iffy with the up and coming Rams

I think the Eagles will fail to live up to the hype and so will the Packers.

I don't trust Vick at all, especially now that he not on a contract/last chance year.

The Packers have looked pretty mediocre in my opinion and look very beatable

The Lions are my surprise team. I've been saying so since the last 4 games of last year.

I agree with everything but the Cards. Not because I think they will live up to expectations, but do they even have expectations? Do they expect to win the division and make the Super Bowl again? That certainly won't happen next season, even a division title is iffy with the up and coming Rams

I think they got some expectations. They got what they think is a good QB, and we all know that all the Cards need is a QB. They got Fitz and Heap around them, and Beanie Wells who looked good in the prseason. They have an underrated defense with Dockett, Porter, Wilson, Rhodes, and now Peterson. I think they have some expectations, but it may have been a little bit of a stretch...

I agree with the Browns surprising a lot of people. And I think the Rams can certainly win their division. I also agree with the Eagles and Jets being overrated. I don't know about the Packers not living up to their talent though. And I think the Falcons will win a playoff game this year. I think the Chiefs will do better than most people think, to the point where I think they will win their division even with the Chargers looking good in the preseason.

I think they got some expectations. They got what they think is a good QB, and we all know that all the Cards need is a QB. They got Fitz and Heap around them, and Beanie Wells who looked good in the prseason. They have an underrated defense with Dockett, Porter, Wilson, Rhodes, and now Peterson. I think they have some expectations, but it may have been a little bit of a stretch...

I'm not sold on Kolb yet. And the defense still doesn't scare me. They did well a few years back, but they aren't one of the best defenses in the league. Porter is getting old and I think Rhodes is a little overrated. Peterson, in my opinion, will turn out to be a very good player