Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Scary Part Of The Manning Situation

Andy

Just think about it: If Manning misses 2 or 3 games, that could easily be 2 or 3 losses. Then when Peyton comes back, he may not be 100% just like the start of the 08 season, he could be "bad" or not as ready for the first 4 or 5 games. Our bye week is also Week 11, so it doesn't give him a week to relax or the team to relax during Peyton's injury time. Out of those 8 games, we could lose 6 of them, meaning that if we win the rest of the games we would only be 10-6. It's scary. Thoughts, and let's hope and pray the big fella can get well, and QUICK!

Uhhh, Texans finally make it to the post-season?

No they DONT! Im sticking behind the Colts, and I say they win the division. Now the Texans get shafted when the Steelers and the Chiefs get the WCs. I think the Texans go 9-7.

Just think about it: If Manning misses 2 or 3 games, that could still be 2 or 3 wins. Then when Peyton comes back, he may not be 100%, but he could still be good enough to 2-3 more games before our bye week. Our bye week is also Week 11, so that gives him a week to relax or the team to relax during Peyton's injury time. Out of those 8 games, we could win 4-5 of them, meaning that if we win the rest of the games we could be 11-5. It's possible. Let's hope and pray the big fella can get well, and get his 2nd SB ring!

In terms of the original post title, I think the scariest part of the Manning situation is the worst possible situation: the injury is a nagging, but career ending issue. The fact that the Colts let him pass a physical when he couldn't practice, while signing Peyton to a new 90 Million dollar contract could not only hurt the team this season, but it could take up a huge part of their salary cap if he's still struggling (and fails) into 2012.

In terms of the original post title, I think the scariest part of the Manning situation is the worst possible situation: the injury is a nagging, but career ending issue. The fact that the Colts let him pass a physical when he couldn't practice, while signing Peyton to a new 90 Million dollar contract could not only hurt the team this season, but it could take up a huge part of their salary cap if he's still struggling (and fails) into 2012.

Well said, and also my concern.

It does sound like the Colts were, at best being overly optimistic. And Irsay was just being his stoner self - living in his own individual reality; he may yet reget not being fully conscious in the 21st century. Living in the 70's doesn't work well when you ought to be taking care of, in the 2010's, the big money daddy left you in the late 1900's .....

And, with that, it's "pom pom squad" time - "the Colts will win every game for years", "Polian is perfect" ... blah, blah, we've heard them all from the pom-pom squad. Give us some new material, girls! Your turn!

If Manning misses those first 3 games, it COULD be 3 losses, but it could also be 3 wins. I'm not saying Collins will win every game he starts for us, but Collins is a much better QB than Painter and I am much happier with him starting than Curtis. Collins has won in the NFL and knows how to be a successful QB