Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Detroit Lions....issues

lollygagger8

the bigger question is will luck show up to play. If luck comes out throwing three ints and fumbling the ball like he has the tendency to do on big road games it won't matter who is covering megatron because the game will be over by halftime

So what your says is Luck has hi oline protect for him he won't have to run for his life and it's less likely that he will get blind sided and have the ball knocked from his grip? Or maybe you meant his oline will give him some protection in the passing game and since he may have less people hanging on him, he will be less likely to throw an errant pass? Or maybe you meant that Ariens will formulate an offensive game plan than doesn't included only 20+ yard pass plays, maybe some 3 step drop passes or even better, sprinkle in some more runs not shoved up the middle clog with Donald brown who excells better getting outside the tackles? Maybe that's what I read instead, sorry.

Calvin is getting 200yd and 2TDs regardless of what we do.

We just have to find a way to win, after allowing it.

Calvin may get a lot of yards or he may get 50. If we can put together some good away game planning, we can win this game. Also, you never know what takes place or happens in game. Detroit has not set the NFL on fire or won anything yet with all the talent they have had on that team over the past few years. We are not automatically out of this game due to our youth. It won't be easy but I don't feel like we are going up against the Pats either.

Calvin may get a lot of yards or he may get 50. If we can put together some good away game planning, we can win this game. Also, you never know what takes place or happens in game. Detroit has not set the NFL on fire or won anything yet with all the talent they have had on that team over the past few years. We are not automatically out of this game due to our youth. It won't be easy but I don't feel like we are going up against the Pats either.

I'm in the belief that this will be our hardest winnable game all season if that makes sense. I think Stafford could throw for 400 Calvin catch 200 and Leshour grind out 100 and we can still win this game. That's just how the Lions operate.

As for Calvin, he's had 2 games all year where he hasn't had 50yds. Both were when he was dealing with a swollen knee against Very good secondaries. Sea an Chi.....he's avg about 6/7tec a game and 114yds. The guy is a freak. I'm calling my shot now of 8rec 208yds 2Tds.

He's played us once. In 2008 his 2nd yr, I believe Hill was the qb. He put up 9/110/1td.

I'm in the belief that this will be our hardest winnable game all season if that makes sense. I think Stafford could throw for 400 Calvin catch 200 and Leshour grind out 100 and we can still win this game. That's just how the Lions operate.

As for Calvin, he's had 2 games all year where he hasn't had 50yds. Both were when he was dealing with a swollen knee against Very good secondaries. Sea an Chi.....he's avg about 6/7tec a game and 114yds. The guy is a freak. I'm calling my shot now of 8rec 208yds 2Tds.

I think Megatron will Reggie Wayne us.

This game will decide on our PO-appearance. In case of a W, we would have good chance to go 10-6 and secure wild-card spot (if we pick 2 further wins @KC and against Titans.) Regardless to 2 dance with Texans.

It's an important game, but this one certainly doesn't determine anything. I'd say winning out at home is more likely and more important.

So what your says is Luck has hi oline protect for him he won't have to run for his life and it's less likely that he will get blind sided and have the ball knocked from his grip? Or maybe you meant his oline will give him some protection in the passing game and since he may have less people hanging on him, he will be less likely to throw an errant pass? Or maybe you meant that Ariens will formulate an offensive game plan than doesn't included only 20+ yard pass plays, maybe some 3 step drop passes or even better, sprinkle in some more runs not shoved up the middle clog with Donald brown who excells better getting outside the tackles? Maybe that's what I read instead, sorry.

luck needs to take better care of ball on road regardless of line at home he has 9 tds 3 ints on the road 4 tds 10 ints even if he gets hit from behind and fumbles once that doesn't mean he has to go out and throw three ints if the pass isn't there take the sack or throw it away don't need to give detriot the ball on our side of the fifty or worse throw pick 6s

In Calvin Johnson's 4 best games this year, the Lions are 0-4.

If we shut him down, we'll win, but we can't sell out to slow down Johnson at the expense of letting the other Lions beat us. If he throws up a 150-200 yard day on us, we can still win.

Only other threats I see (based on the Lions vs Texans Game) Ryan Broyles & the other tight end (not pettigrew) are the only ones who pose the threat outside of Megatron

In Detroit is a problem, Luck hasn't figured how to deal with noise and hostile crowds yet but maybe this is the week for a road win. Suh and Megabomb are problems but obviously the Colts have overcome bigger ones just to beat 7-5, it's doable.

The Lions are a passing team. They rank first in the NFL in pass yards per game and 24th in rushing. We faced the Patriots high powered passing attack and didn't fair well. However, the Lion's passing attack is different. It's not as efficient as the Patriot's offense. They like to take deep shots and can get themselves in trouble with down and distance quite frequently.

Their defense is ranked #14 in total yards allowed, while ours is ranked #20. So in essence, they have a higher ranked offense, and a higher ranked defense, and let's keep in mind that they are in a fairly strong conference.

I think this will be a very good game, and it will all depend on turnovers and consistency.

I find it interesting that all our losses but the incomprehensable loss to the Jags, were outdoors. This should not matter as Luck was outdoors throughout college. Of course being in the dome in Detroit will be quite loud. Suh may be a non factor as he may be serving a suspension from his latest excapades on Thanksgiving day! This will be a tough test but I feel better about this matchup than I did about the Patriots.

I don't see anything to fear other than Megatron. Our biggest opponent in this game is ourselves. I think overall as a team, Detroit is less talented than Buffalo.

Not really a fear per say...Just 1 question: What part of QB Andrew Luck's anatomy is Lions DT Ndamukong Suh gonna stomp on or kick 1st prior to being ejected from this game before halftime?

Detroit is basically out of the NFC playoff picture. Might as well start playing for next year.....and by that I mean throw games to get a higher draft pick. ;)

I think we all feel like that, but the winky says it all. We know that the players still get paid, so slacking off on the job isn't allowed. Even if some thought it, the GM still gets paid to watch film and determine effort/heart/talent and determine who gets to stay on the team next year. Suh, and the rest of the team will play. And they'll do so with effort. We have to do better job than we have in previous road games if we want a Win at Ford Field.

If we can stay penalty free, we should be in good shape. Detroit finds ways to lose football games, through stupid penalties and just boneheaded plays. If we can take advantage of their instability, we should be fine. I'll bet we get more than one first down on a 3rd and long where some bonehead does some bonehead thing and we get a 1st down off of a late hit or something. NO, I don't want Luck to get hit, but I am almost certain that Detroit will hit him late. There will be some PI's as well. If we can stay clean, Detroit will find a way to give us this game. I agree they have talent, but struggle to be mentally tough. If they have a lead, they seem to get goofy geddy and give it up, and if they are behind, they just draw penalty after penalty. We'll see how it goes, but I'll be more than willing to bet penalties have a HUGE impact on this game.

the bigger question is will luck show up to play. If luck comes out throwing three ints and fumbling the ball like he has the tendency to do on big road games it won't matter who is covering megatron because the game will be over by halftime

Luck comes to play every game, do you really question that? He's fumbled a few times but I gotta put that on the Oline or give credit to the defense for knocking the ball out just as he's pulling his arm back to throw. Luck hasn't fumbled on a rush attempt.

For the INTs it's a mixed bag, sometimes you gotta wonder if the WR is on the same page with Luck, sometimes it's a hurried inaccurate throw, sometimes the WR tips the ball up. Sure he can throw the ball away even more than he does but the Colts don't score a ton of points, plays have to be forced at times.

Give Luck a better line, the fumbles will practically disappear and the INTs will drastically drop.

Luck comes to play every game, do you really question that? He's fumbled a few times but I gotta put that on the Oline or give credit to the defense for knocking the ball out just as he's pulling his arm back to throw. Luck hasn't fumbled on a rush attempt.

For the INTs it's a mixed bag, sometimes you gotta wonder if the WR is on the same page with Luck, sometimes it's a hurried inaccurate throw, sometimes the WR tips the ball up. Sure he can throw the ball away even more than he does but the Colts don't score a ton of points, plays have to be forced at times.

Give Luck a better line, the fumbles will practically disappear and the INTs will drastically drop.

To add a bit to what you have....

This "int thing on the road " is a total joke. News flash boys and girls ....when you are playing a much more talented team (NE , Chicago...Jets ran the ball down our throats) on the road and fall behind there are two things you can do.

1) Take it easy with your rookie QB and just run the ball , throw some short passes and mix in a down field one here and there.

2) You throw caution to the wind and let your rookie QB drop back behind his poor offensive line and throw the ball down the field trying to get back into the game. Mind you , you have the defense pinning their ears back rushing and playing pass in the back seven.

When you opt for number two , you will more than likely have a 2-3 int. game. There is no issue with how Luck plays on the road. Just mostly a case of falling behind to better teams.