Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

No one is talking about Brady for MVP

Snowglobe

Just telling it as i see it, he always scarred the heck out of me as a Colt fan whenever a pass went in his direction, even when had ankle issues

Hahaha yeah, I'm sure a lot of corners felt the same. I can't wait to see he and Reggie in action when we face each other in a few weeks. I expect both of them to have good games and contribute greatly to the offenses. May the best receiver win. :goodluck:

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha yeah, I'm sure a lot of corners felt the same. I can't wait to see he and Reggie in action when we face each other in a few weeks. I expect both of them to have good games and contribute greatly to the offenses. May the best receiver win. :goodluck:

:goodluck: when I get that smiley symbol in an e-mail notifying me of a quote and thats in the response its transferred to " May the best receiver win goodluck " , so I guess u meant good " LUCK " ( LOL )

Guys......if Denver goes 13-3.....and beats back Tebow-Mania....

..and leads Denver to a run away AFC West title...and throws for 5,000 yards

..its one of the great NFL performances of the last 20 years...

Its Peyton Manning. he's the runaway MVP right now. That's why there's no debate

Brady and Ryan would vote for Peyton Manning...

Except that Brady BEAT Peyton earlier this season. Fairly easily, in fact.

Any good quarterback in this league can run up the score. They just have sportsmanship.

Patriots will get their karma back for trying to intimidate the rest of the league...

judging by the way Peyton came back this season, he is undoubtedly the MVP...

Running up the score garbage again.

Tell me, did the Giants run the score up yesterday, winning by 28 and still throwing the ball on 4th down?

if he wins I can understand, but the difference is this to me

Peyton runs that team , Brady performs superbly yes but now also has a great run game to go with him, & BB is just pure genius and know how top properly have depth to avoid damage from injuries & D getting better too & BB also knows how to utilize players in special niches in ways no other teanm does that alwayus contributes , wheather it was faulk in past Woodhead now and many others, He brings in players just fopr specific plays and situations to an amazing degree to make a potent team

Now QB rating has Rodgers 105.6, trhen Brady, 105 then Peyton 104.8 Thats a viruall dead heat , Ryan 96.1

Need to fidle to find from this link

http://www.cbssports...lar?&_1:col_1=9

QBR Brady tops at 81.6, then Peyton 79.5 & Ryan 75.4., rodgers 65+

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

so all great stats

Peyton though does more besides passing on every level a team needs aand that intangable makes a difference, I think BB's genius takes away a bit from brady;'s great season

If Brady wins though I would undestand,

ARE YOU KIDDING ME, BARRY?!

Listen, I know that you've basically become a Broncos fan.

But tell me, which team has the better defense?

The better running game?

That's CATEGORICALLY the Denver Broncos.

So Brady, therefore, has to do more for his team because his running game isn't as good (even though it's been very solid this year), and because his defense is atrocious.

C'mon, let's at least be consistent here.

no one believes brady could go to another team and be as dominant as he is in new england. if manning & brady traded places this offseason, most assume the patriots would win superbowls as long as manning could keep playing, while the broncos would slip back into obscurity

i am not saying it's true, but it certainly is the perception of most football (not new england) fans

The better running game?

So Brady, therefore, has to do more for his team because his running game isn't as good (even though it's been very solid this year), and because his defense is atrocious.

I am a colts fan & have been since got unitas rookie card in first pack of cards,

but as my time is limited and do love Peyton and as most comment on colts I report for those interested on Broncos, that's it period as many keep in touch with whats happening with peyton, But am a colt fan first. ! ! ! no matter what u may think or it may I admit based on where I post it does look like it. But u dont change a 50 year love affair with a team, I have never switched allegence for any team i have rooted for since a chi,ld in any sport and now living in Detrot there is not 1 team locally I route for

Denver has better defense but in my opinion not a better run game & I give BB much credit thatrs all

But dont ever say i am not a colt fan first in football, disagree with anything else but that ,

The Colts & My Brooklyn / LA Dodgers are totally engraved in my heart as # 1 on an = basis but do like football better in general as that is what i always played more as a child

othewr sports -- here is a weird list

Atlanta Hawks in basketball as was a Bob Petit fan u in the old days & in hockey Franbk Mahovlich fan & still route for Maple Leafs in hoockey

Thats how my older brother raised me and I stayed NOT strayed

The better running game?

the patriots have the 6th rushing attack in the nfl, the broncos just the 20th. the patriots run it for 4.3 y/a, while the broncos have a woeful 3.9 y/a. Patriots clearly have the better running gaame.

the defenses can be looked at in different ways. broncos get more sacks, but patriots get a lot more turnovers. broncos have a slight edge in points given up.

patriots also have a superior o-line, a more talented wr/te group, and a team that doesn't fumble the ball much compared to the broncos, who can't hold on to it to save their lives.

The better running game?

lmao you been dippin into the cool-aid.. The Patriots run is ranked 6th in the NFL to the Broncos 20th. The Pass is ranked NE 4th, Broncos 6th. So just where are the Boncos CATEGORICALLY better exactly?

the patriots have the 6th rushing attack in the nfl, the broncos just the 20th. the patriots run it for 4.3 y/a, while the broncos have a woeful 3.9 y/a. Patriots clearly have the better running gaame.

the defenses can be looked at in different ways. broncos get more sacks, but patriots get a lot more turnovers. broncos have a slight edge in points given up.

patriots also have a superior o-line, a more talented wr/te group, and a team that doesn't fumble the ball much compared to the broncos, who can't hold on to it to save their lives.

lmao The Patriots run is ranked 6th in the NFL to the Broncos 20th. The Pass is ranked NE 4th, Broncos 6th. So just where are the Boncos CATEGORICALLY better exactly?

appreciate the reponces

no one believes brady could go to another team and be as dominant as he is in new england. if manning & brady traded places this offseason, most assume the patriots would win superbowls as long as manning could keep playing, while the broncos would slip back into obscurity

i am not saying it's true, but it certainly is the perception of most football (not new england) fans

Seriously?

Show me some NFL coaches who think that. Show me a GM. Show me someone who, you know ,actually runs an NFL team.

Not only that, I believe that any intelligent NFL fan would know that Brady would be successful wherever he goes.

After all:

1. He's gone through multiple OC's, and know what? He's still one of the top 3 productive NFL QBs.

2. He's gone through more offensive personnel than most QBs. And he's still one of the most productive.

Seriously?

Show me some NFL coaches who think that. Show me a GM. Show me someone who, you know ,actually runs an NFL team.

Not only that, I believe that any intelligent NFL fan would know that Brady would be successful wherever he goes.

After all:

1. He's gone through multiple OC's, and know what? He's still one of the top 3 productive NFL QBs.

2. He's gone through more offensive personnel than most QBs. And he's still one of the most productive.

i'm sure any coach or gm would leap over tall buildings to land brady. but that isn't what i was referring to

Seriously?

After all:

The last part made me chuckle. Uh huh.. but who has consistently been there to give him weapons?

Gotten really off topic but I don't know how you can say Brady isn't playing the best football of any QB right now. He has been on fire. The whole schedule thing is meaningless. The Broncos beat the chiefs 14-9, does that mean since it was the Chiefs we should think lesser of Mannings stats for that game? No. Divisional games are always ridiculously tough. The Patriots have only blown out 1 divisional opponent. Look back to the Colts over the years, even though statistically they were superior to the Jags, Texans, or Titans, those games would sometimes be really close, even with the Colts losing.

I'm not saying Brady will win MVP but no one is putting him in the race. It's been AP vs. Manning. Since the loss @ Seattle (week 6), 14 TDs 0 ints 1454 yards, 64.2% , 117.8 rating, 5-0. Best in the NFL.

Even for the season, he has the most total TDs (24 passing, 3 rushing), least turnovers of any QB, 4 total turnovers (3 ints, 1 fumble), the list goes on. Right now it's probably 1. Brady 2. Manning 3. AP/CJ

I want to see a defensive guy win it this year. JJ Watt, Von Miller, Aldon Smith, Geno Atkins.....give it to one of those guys. QBs win it too often. If I were to give it to a QB however, I would regrettably have to give it to Brady over Big P...although I'd still take the latter.

Yes! 'Cept not Von Miller because I really don't like him. It's not really MVP anymore, it's MVQB or MVOP (offensive player). Anyone know when the last time was that a RB or QB didn't win it? Lawrence Taylor in 1986

Yes! 'Cept not Von Miller because I really don't like him. It's not really MVP anymore, it's MVQB or MVOP (offensive player). Anyone know when the last time was that a RB or QB didn't win it? Lawrence Taylor in 1986

Just curious.....why don't you like Miller? I don't follow much of what goes on out there other than P, but I've never thought he was a bad dude and his ability is not something to be disliked.

Just curious.....why don't you like Miller? I don't follow much of what goes on out there other than P, but I've never thought he was a bad dude and his ability is not something to be disliked.

Von Miller was part of the group of players suing the NFL during the work stoppage last year. Before he was even drafted, he was part of the group of players suing the league. Before he was even hired, he was suing his future employer. I really didn't like how he did that. With that said, it's possible the veterans asked him to be a part of it so they could have a rookie perspective on the issue and he said yes. But I just don't like how he was part of the group of players suing the league before he was even in the league.

tom-brady-combine.jpg

Can't argue with that.... haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqpx2SVx0vA

I love how he runs the 3 cone drill

Weapons like Reche Caldwell as his #1 WR?

Pray tell, when did Peyton ever have such an atrocious offense as Brady had in '06?

haha, yes because those guys that surrounded Peyton are all Pro bowl, HOFer, big name guys huh. Biggest name guys Manning has had was Harrison and Wayne. Remind me where the co-stars of the Manning era are now and what they are doing in way of production.

Gonzo, clark, garcon, addai, collie, white, tamme, rhodes, ect..

Tamme is with Peyton, I get that, but what is his production or lack there of.

We could go forever back and forth. Personally, i'm just gonna enjoy the funny YouTube videos of these two.

Weapons like Reche Caldwell as his #1 WR?

Pray tell, when did Peyton ever have such an atrocious offense as Brady had in '06?

You could say he doesn't have weapons this year; DeMaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, and Brandon Stokley? Decker and Thomas didn't even have 1,000 yards in their career. Thomas has his for this year and Decker will be following. Stokley never did a darned thing without Peyton. Anyone can throw names out in laughable derision, but we all know both QBs elevate their weapon's ability.

My personal favorite Manning "mad" face vs. NE. Sadly, Jules was at that game and I believe had the same facial expression.

1195536251_peyton.jpg

lmao it looks like he is about to go and start a fire or something. He and Tom probably didn't exchange texts or talk to each other for quite a while after this moment...

The defense should have better sportsmanship and stop the quarterback from the aforementioned scoring. Make the game competitive and give the fans something to watch.

Shhh. Under the radar, just how we like it.

I think that the main reason no one's really hyping up Brady for MVP, is that he is a perennial MVP candidate on a consistently great with a team that almost always is a contender for the Super Bowl. Peyton is always a contender as well, but few thought that he would be able to comeback from all the surgeries, new team, etc, and perform to an elite level again. Peyton is more of a story this year, as well as Adrian Peterson. The media is hyping up those two stories, which kinda leaves Brady back out of the spotlight.

All 3 deserve MVP consideration, the top two should come down to Peyton and Brady...Both are having outstanding years, and I could see either one walking home with the award..(though of course, I hope Peyton gets it)..

Running up the score garbage again.

Tell me, did the Giants run the score up yesterday, winning by 28 and still throwing the ball on 4th down?

Seriously?

After all:

VL, Flying Elvis, & QuizBoy...You all make great points. Running up the score is such a ludicrous argument. The defense gets paid to stop the offense. These positions are not voluntary ones. Yup, I always wanna be under the radar too. The element of surprise is so much fun! Publicity is so overrated IMO. Tom Brady may be my chief NFL adversary, but #12 is a field general beast and he has gone through a variety of OC's in his Foxboro tenure. Alex Smith in San Francisco regressed, other than under the tutelage of Norv Turner & Jim Harbaugh, while Brady just seems to flourish no matter what. His best success was under Josh McDaniels & who is there now in NE? Oh yeah, Mr. Josh McDaniels...

If you backed me into a cover right now, I give #18 the Comeback Player of the Year Award & Peyton is in the drivers seat for MVP. Look at the adversity he overcame: 4 neck surgeries, having to relearn his throwing motion all over again, learning a new playbook, adjusting to a new city, new coaches, & new team mates, and the smoothest HOF transition into a winning NFL record that has ever been seen in this league. To be fair, if Brady rolls through the Playoffs easily & Manning gets knocked out early; the MVP Award should go to Brady. MVP is all about on the field production. No dual winners here please. Pick 1 name & 1 name only: Manning or Brady. I lean toward #18 myself. But, I'm biased. I will admit it. Brady is an incredible QB though; I can't deny that.

Okay, why is the MVP Award announced after the regular season ends anyway? Why not declare the winner prior to the Championship game?

If we measure HOF caliber NFL players by Playoff wins/SB rings, how can you proclaim the MVP prior to the determining the 2 Vince Lombardi teams? :scratch::dunno::thinking:

Oh yeah.....he may be gone, but he's far from forgotten in my mind. Kinda hard to forget the man when my name is Peytonator, plus the fact that I became a Colts fan because of him.

haha You're not impartial, You're not objective; You're not independent & all of Colts Nation worldwide loves you for that bold declaration of allegiance Peytonator! :thmup: GO :coltslogo::worthy:

Peyton Manning will always be a Colt to me; Denver just has #18 on lease right now...Just Kidding!!!