Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

No one is talking about Brady for MVP

Snowglobe

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys......if Denver goes 13-3.....and beats back Tebow-Mania....

..and leads Denver to a run away AFC West title...and throws for 5,000 yards

..its one of the great NFL performances of the last 20 years...

Its Peyton Manning. he's the runaway MVP right now. That's why there's no debate

Brady and Ryan would vote for Peyton Manning...

It is pretty crazy that no one is talking about Brady for MVP. He has been his usual, excellent self this year. What was it, 104 attempts without a pick and counting? He's just gone to work and reeled off wins. I don't know why he isn't in the MVP discussion

Shhh. Under the radar, just how we like it.

Any good quarterback in this league can run up the score. They just have sportsmanship.

Patriots will get their karma back for trying to intimidate the rest of the league...

judging by the way Peyton came back this season, he is undoubtedly the MVP...

Any good quarterback in this league can run up the score. They just have sportsmanship.

Patriots will get their karma back for trying to intimidate the rest of the league...

I'm not a Patriots fan, but consider the other side of the argument. It is not the head coach, offensive coordinator, or offense's job to prevent points being put up. That is the duty of the defense. These guys are professionals and get paid to do their job. The job of the offense is to put up points and the job of the defense is to prevent the other team from scoring. They get paid pretty well too, so expecting them to do their job and do it well is not ridiculous. I think the Pats get extra heat for this kind of stuff because of the "spin" around with (such as the big, bad Belichick and the classless Brady, which are both false statements).

This is from an article written after the Colts/Pats game this year:

In Week 4, John Fox still had Peyton Manning on the field in the fourth quarter with a 28-point lead, and Manning was still throwing from a shotgun set with 5:58 left in the game.

In Week 6, Mike McCarthy still had Aaron Rodgers on the field in the fourth quarter with a 25-point lead, and Rodgers was still throwing from a shotgun set with 5:39 left in the game.

In Week 10, Pete Carroll still had Russell Wilson on the field in the fourth quarter with a 21-point lead. That's smaller than the 28-point lead the Patriots had, but Wilson was still in the game in the last two minutes, in the shotgun and passing the ball on fourth-and-3.

Just yesterday, both Drew Brees and Robert Griffin were still in the game late in the fourth quarter. Brees was still passing the ball with a 28-point lead and six minutes left. Griffin was still passing the ball with a 25-point lead and five minutes left.

The article makes some other good points too. With 6 mins left in the game, what do you do if the Pats score again by running the ball, which they have been doing so well? Is it still considered running up the score? Should they start kneeling with 6 mins left?

I remember a few years ago, I think it was a Pats/Chiefs game (maybe the Pats fans on the board can confirm this or correct it), but the Pats were up big and they put in their backup. The backup's first throw was a pick 6 and they quickly put Brady back in. Scores can be made easily (look at such comebacks like the recent Miracle at the Meadowlands or Peyton's comeback against the Bucs), so some teams feel like they should keep their foot on the gas (especially if they have poor defenses, like the Saints or Packers)

The defense should have better sportsmanship and stop the quarterback from the aforementioned scoring. Make the game competitive and give the fans something to watch.

Still hurt that we run up the score on the Colts?

We saw in the past how some teams lost big leads, and we are not going to let that happen.

60 minutes, DO YOU KNOW IT?

I seem to remember a game last year, Pats vs Colts I believe. The Patriots were winning 31-3 in the 4th quarter. Then some guy named Orlovsky nearly brought them back. No lead is safe in the NFL.

He is playing at the highest level of any QB right now.

if he wins I can understand, but the difference is this to me

Peyton runs that team , Brady performs superbly yes but now also has a great run game to go with him, & BB is just pure genius and know how top properly have depth to avoid damage from injuries & D getting better too & BB also knows how to utilize players in special niches in ways no other teanm does that alwayus contributes , wheather it was faulk in past Woodhead now and many others, He brings in players just fopr specific plays and situations to an amazing degree to make a potent team

Now QB rating has Rodgers 105.6, trhen Brady, 105 then Peyton 104.8 Thats a viruall dead heat , Ryan 96.1

Need to fidle to find from this link

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/stats/playersort/NFL/PYDS/2012/regular?&_1:col_1=9

QBR Brady tops at 81.6, then Peyton 79.5 & Ryan 75.4., rodgers 65+

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

so all great stats

Peyton though does more besides passing on every level a team needs aand that intangable makes a difference, I think BB's genius takes away a bit from brady;'s great season

If Brady wins though I would undestand,

I'm not a Patriots fan, but consider the other side of the argument. It is not the head coach, offensive coordinator, or offense's job to prevent points being put up. That is the duty of the defense. These guys are professionals and get paid to do their job. The job of the offense is to put up points and the job of the defense is to prevent the other team from scoring. They get paid pretty well too, so expecting them to do their job and do it well is not ridiculous. I think the Pats get extra heat for this kind of stuff because of the "spin" around with (such as the big, bad Belichick and the classless Brady, which are both false statements).

This is from an article written after the Colts/Pats game this year:

In Week 4, John Fox still had Peyton Manning on the field in the fourth quarter with a 28-point lead, and Manning was still throwing from a shotgun set with 5:58 left in the game.

In Week 6, Mike McCarthy still had Aaron Rodgers on the field in the fourth quarter with a 25-point lead, and Rodgers was still throwing from a shotgun set with 5:39 left in the game.

In Week 10, Pete Carroll still had Russell Wilson on the field in the fourth quarter with a 21-point lead. That's smaller than the 28-point lead the Patriots had, but Wilson was still in the game in the last two minutes, in the shotgun and passing the ball on fourth-and-3.

Just yesterday, both Drew Brees and Robert Griffin were still in the game late in the fourth quarter. Brees was still passing the ball with a 28-point lead and six minutes left. Griffin was still passing the ball with a 25-point lead and five minutes left.

The article makes some other good points too. With 6 mins left in the game, what do you do if the Pats score again by running the ball, which they have been doing so well? Is it still considered running up the score? Should they start kneeling with 6 mins left?

I remember a few years ago, I think it was a Pats/Chiefs game (maybe the Pats fans on the board can confirm this or correct it), but the Pats were up big and they put in their backup. The backup's first throw was a pick 6 and they quickly put Brady back in. Scores can be made easily (look at such comebacks like the recent Miracle at the Meadowlands or Peyton's comeback against the Bucs), so some teams feel like they should keep their foot on the gas (especially if they have poor defenses, like the Saints or Packers)

Still hurt that we run up the score on the Colts?

We saw in the past how some teams lost big leads, and we are not going to let that happen.

60 minutes, DO YOU KNOW IT?

there is another reason u run up scores and it has nothing to do with padding stats , though it helps, But BB smartly uses these times to try players in new varying ways and this helps him decide on certain packages that work and ones that dont, this helps Pats in the straetch run & playoffs as u can give new looks hardly used & feel, comfy with them, it gives u more armaments

BB IS JUST THAT GOOD A COACH , Maybe he should win mist valuable player in a sense

BTW has Denver ever had such a lock on the division so early, thats Peytons Value

It's Brady and Peyton (the super elite) standing alone right now. Ryan hasn't been playing very well for a month. Brady will stand alone if he has a great game and wins against Houston on Dec. 10th.

The Patriots and Broncos will meet in the playoffs with the Patriots winning big.

that was the Miami game. BB is great on the history of comebacks and leaves no stone unturned.

Also I noticed the Giants with not much time left leading 38-10 on 4th and goal. No FG. I figured they would run and if they don't make it GB pinned. Eli threw for the TD although he missed it.

I think that the main reason no one's really hyping up Brady for MVP, is that he is a perennial MVP candidate on a consistently great with a team that almost always is a contender for the Super Bowl. Peyton is always a contender as well, but few thought that he would be able to comeback from all the surgeries, new team, etc, and perform to an elite level again. Peyton is more of a story this year, as well as Adrian Peterson. The media is hyping up those two stories, which kinda leaves Brady back out of the spotlight.

All 3 deserve MVP consideration, the top two should come down to Peyton and Brady...Both are having outstanding years, and I could see either one walking home with the award..(though of course, I hope Peyton gets it)..

Brady has looked the best so far, that's no doubt. I would be shocked if this continues, because the Patriots are flat out dominating teams, and so on so on all you hear about is Denver or Houston, whom one of them already was blown out badly by the Pats.

I doubt it because no, he hasnt looked the best. And which teams are they 'dominating'? Atlanta? Texans? No. Mediocre teams.

Blown out bad by the Pats huh?? Did you even watch the game? Had it not been for a fumble the Broncos were on their way to beating the Pats. The Broncos in the second quarter went down and started stomping the Pats Defense. The Pats defense was not the reason for the fumble either. That was on the RB. Simply gave it up. So to flagrantly state they 'blew out' teams is just ludicrous.

Like it was stated before. Any good QB can run up the score, but a great qb manages the game with the last minutes of the game. Running up a score isnt what i consider good 'game management'.

Another poster stated 'what? Mad about the Pats running up the score on the Colts'? Well first off, at leats you admit thats what they did and to answer the question, no. However I have no respect for the Patriots organization. Billechick is a liar and a cheat so is McDaniels. When an organization conducts business as such, I will never respect them. My distaste for the Patriots goes far beyond being 'just a Colts fan' as some have interpreted the reason to be for the dislike.

There are many QB's playing at a high level right now. To say Brady is 'lights out' is ridiculous. Thats like me saying Peyton is at god like playing capacity. We all know thats not accurate. No ones that good. They all have things to work on and room to improve... including Tom Brady.

Lets also take a look at who the Patriots have been playing:

Jets Thu 11/22 W 49-19 18 28 323 64.3 11.54 83 3 0 82.4 139.4

Indy Sun 11/18 W 59-24 24 35 331 68.6 9.46 36 3 0 93.9 127.2

Buffalo Sun 11/11 W 37-31 23 38 237 60.5 6.24 24 2 0 87.5 96.1

StL Sun 10/28 W 45-7 23 35 304 65.7 8.69 32 4 0 98.4 131.1

Jets Sun 10/21 W 29-26 (OT) 26 42 259 61.9 6.17 21 2 0 72.1 95.2

Not elite teams now are they. Look at how the Jets handled the Colts.

As for the defensive rankings of those teams, they are low.

Now take the Chiefs.. should the Broncos have stomped them? Technically no. Their defense is not the problem. They are ranked 10th in the pass defense. Their offense.. its not the running game either, they are ranked 4th. Simply for the Cheifs.. its the lack of a good QB. They could easily be a top 7 team but due to Cassel and Quinn, they fall behind. They consistently got pressure on Peyton and covered the WR/TE very well.

For the week, QB ratings for the big names went Brady, Manning, Rodgers. Who had the most difficult games went Rodgers, Manning, Brady. Funny how that works isnt it. Based on teams they play.. lol

It's Brady and Peyton (the super elite) standing alone right now. Ryan hasn't been playing very well for a month. Brady will stand alone if he has a great game and wins against Houston on Dec. 10th.

The Patriots and Broncos will meet in the playoffs with the Patriots winning big.

Manning's story transcends sports....Given up..kicked out of town....

Told he should quit for his own good....replaced by a younger version of himself.

..and they can finish with 11 wins in a row?

The vote will be unanimous...

Told he should quit for his own good....replaced by a younger version of himself.

I wouldn't go that far to say he was given up kicked out. Colts were simply going in a different direction. While many thought he might not recover which as fans is all we know...Denver didn't think so or they wouldn't have paid. And the man himself knew more about himself than we.

You're being kind, JJ...

He was kicked out..Released. His contract was terminated....

they let him give a speech before he was let go...but he was fired as QB......and told he should consider retiring.

He has an oustide shot at 40 TDs and 5,000 yards

His 2012 story transcends the game....

Brady is just a shady looking scraggly face with a hot wife..whats different from last year...?

Hmm they took the foot off the pedal against the colts LAST year witha 31-3 lead in the 4th qrtr and had to hold on for a 7 point win... So ya if the scrubs you had last yr at QB could score I think Luck could have as well.

bronColts,

DIVISION games are always TOUGH games PERIOD... So your breakdown IMO was meaningless.

Luckly for all of us your opinion is nullified by the fact those teams are terrible. They rank low on both sides of the ball. That cannot be ignored. If you think playing an incredibly sunk team like the Jets is TOUGH, i'd hate to see what playing a team like the Texans will be... 'impossible??'

Luckly for all of us your opinion is nullified by the fact those teams are terrible. They rank low on both sides of the ball. That cannot be ignored. If you think playing an incredibly sunk team like the Jets is TOUGH, i'd hate to see what playing a team like the Texans will be... 'impossible??'

Are not the Jags ALWAYS a tough team for the Colts, didn't the Texans BARELY beat them in OT? I say they suck more than ANYONE in the AFC East... Why are they tough for the colts,texans because ITS A DIVISION game... the teams KNOW eachother very well why they are tough.

Brady has been the only unanimous choice in league history and that's not going to change this year. You make a good case for Manning as Comeback Player of the Year.

texans of late show they can be attacked by lessor teams than Pats, texans offense will have to show up again & jj watt will have to pressure if not sack but do it fast as Brady will have quick release plans dialed up

You're being kind, JJ...

He was kicked out..Released. His contract was terminated....

they let him give a speech before he was let go...but he was fired as QB......and told he should consider retiring.

He has an oustide shot at 40 TDs and 5,000 yards

His 2012 story transcends the game....

Brady is just a shady looking scraggly face with a hot wife..whats different from last year...?

yeah kicked out by the colts because they were moving along. Which was smart btw..no 1 pick.. Luck avail.

What I meant was he wasn't kicked out of the NFL as in washed up.

texans of late show they can be attacked by lessor teams than Pats, texans offense will have to show up again & jj watt will have to pressure if not sack but do it fast as Brady will have quick release plans dialed up

You're right man. It's going to be a shootout, whoever gets the most points and has the least turnovers wins.

You're right man. It's going to be a shootout, whoever gets the most points and has the least turnovers wins.

Injuries are startring to mount with texans, , alot also depends on their D and who can play with josepgh & Reed now hurt, cushing gone but thats been most of the season , but if their DBs are down Brady can pick them apart

Injuries are startring to mount with texans, , alot also depends on their D and who can play with josepgh & Reed now hurt, cushing gone but thats been most of the season , but if their DBs are down Brady can pick them apart

Yep...it's starting to look a lot like last season. If Schaub, Foster, and Johnson keep firing off on all cylinders, though, I hope that they can make up for the defensive casualties. Brady is the best at picking apart defenses and I for one want no part of it hahaha.

Yep...it's starting to look a lot like last season. If Schaub, Foster, and Johnson keep firing off on all cylinders, though, I hope that they can make up for the defensive casualties. Brady is the best at picking apart defenses and I for one want no part of it hahaha.

Andre Johnson when healthy ,&this year has been, is the embodiment of a perfect reciver

Andre Johnson when healthy ,&this year has been, is the embodiment of a perfect reciver

Thanks, I agree! :D Physicality combined with speed and superb route running...and he does not have that "diva receiva" mentality...we have one of the best in the league no doubt.

Thanks, I agree! :D Physicality combined with speed and superb route running...and he does not have that "diva receiva" mentality...we have one of the best in the league no doubt.

Just telling it as i see it, he always scarred the heck out of me as a Colt fan whenever a pass went in his direction, even when had ankle issues