Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Bills Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A win is a win, I'll take it and like it, Coaches know what our problems are (I think) and that cant be corrected this season simply because much of it is talent related, We are winning right now thats all that matters

Okay....Im confused on something. I know I just saw Bob Sanders on the sideline after the game today and I googled where is bob sanders now and it said he still played for the Colts. (dated Oct 2012) I checked the roster because I know the Colts cut him. So, can someone please fill me in on whats going on. He was not in uniform but just a long sleeved Colts t-shirt. Thanks for clearing this up for me.

Okay....Im confused on something. I know I just saw Bob Sanders on the sideline after the game today and I googled where is bob sanders now and it said he still played for the Colts. (dated Oct 2012) I checked the roster because I know the Colts cut him. So, can someone please fill me in on whats going on. He was not in uniform but just a long sleeved Colts t-shirt. Thanks for clearing this up for me.

Appears that he retired if you go to the NFL.com webpage and click on Historical Players and type his name in

Great win Colts.

Road to playoffs got a lot easier, but is by no means set in stone.

On another note, Chiefs played awesome at home vs. Broncos. I fear all those people chalking that game up as an auto win will be rudely awakened when we go to Arrowhead filled with 80k angry fans...

Colts win!!!

7-4! Who would have thought?!?

Obviously NOT YOU...if you go back to tons of your early posts before the season you continually said "the colts won't win more than a few games...blah blah blah".

Nice to see some of you NAYSAYERS coming around to what the reality was NOW back before the season started.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Kinda makes me wanna pick KC next week just to be different 
    • The Jets look about as bad as any team I have ever seen in the NFL.  If they lose to them, heads need to roll.  Every season nearly ever team loses a game that makes no sense.  Let's hope we got ours out of the way.  We no longer have depth at some positions, so let's hope this rash of injuries isn't an ongoing trend.  
    • No Fountain yesterday because of how deep we are at the position. 
    • Keeps the D fresh, limits the amount of plays the other team has, typically when the time of possession is that dominant the field position game is also won (i.e., even if we're not scoring a TD every drive, if we're moving down the field effectively it's not like we're typically going to be punting from inside our own 20 every time).     A few things to 'Flus' credit -- (1) he had several key new additions who he had never really seen in a live game playing week 1, (2) Rivers threw a couple of very costly and untimely picks which not only killed momentum as the team as a whole (so did the failed 4th down conversion and missed FG) but also left our D with bad field position, (3) the Jags probably really are not as bad as advertised... that said, we should never see a QB complete 19-20 passes.  'Flus improved his game plan in week 2, but he also didn't have the O shooting the D in the foot near as much.     Yes, the time difference and possession limitation are huge... and I get what you're saying with sometimes seeing the opposing O picking up junk yards.... however, when our O is also scoring and helping the STs win the field position battle, it makes the opposing O more one-dimensional and therefore makes our D gameplan simpler.  For example, Freeney was terrible against the rush but he was a terrific pass rusher... more often than not during the Peyton era the Colts were playing with a lead, which forces teams to become reliant on the passing game with their offense, therefore allowing the pass rushers to pin their ears back and go full speed at the QB..  in games where we were playing tight games or from behind, teams could run at Freeney basically at will, when we were playing with a lead they would abandon their run game and Freeney could focus almost solely on getting to the QB.   Cousins did not have a good game yesterday, and our D did play well.. we sacked him 3 times and knocked him down 7 times.  It seems like we can hit the other QB with our front 4 based on weeks 1 and 2.  If we can continue playing with leads, I expect our pass rush will put up better numbers and in turn result in more turnovers, etc..
    • Love how at the end of alot of JT runs big Q was there to pick him up . Nelson is a special player in many regards.
  • Members